Reno Announcement Postponed

The NBA Development League (D-League) forum
S.Sox
Site Admin

Post by S.Sox » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:24 pm

jjbballfan
Site Admin

Post by jjbballfan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:47 am

What is everybody's opinion on placing a franchise here? Names; I can't think of any in the CBA they were the Bighorns not a great name but not a bad one. I don't know much about the facility so I can't comment on that but I think Reno is the right size of a town, SW basketball LLC scares me they have shown how cheep they operate in how there other franchises have been ran, I heard a rumor though that if the team shows promise that the Kings are interested in buying the team and making it there own.... If Anaheim keeps there team it will put 4 teams in a pretty close area (Anaheim, Bakersfield, LA and Reno) which will help with travel issues....

ChumpDumper
Site Admin

Could work out

Post by ChumpDumper » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:12 am

Here's a picture of the Events Center set up for the rodeo:

That could be a long, flat section to the court, which would suck for the floor seats that aren't courtside.

As for SW Basketball, they do seem to work on the cheap but they also seem to have decent plans for sustainability if they don't sell whatever team they are operating. Rent was pretty high in Fort Worth from what I remember; we can only guess what Reno wants.
Last edited by ChumpDumper on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

jjbballfan
Site Admin

Post by jjbballfan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:15 am

thanks for the picture...... looks kinda like the Austin facility..... It looks like it will work, hopefully they can have a setup that is fan friendly

ChumpDumper
Site Admin

Post by ChumpDumper » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:40 am

It's larger than the hall the Toros play in, and Austin has retractable risers on one side only, temporary risers on two others. Looks like Reno would seat about 5000 for basketball where Austin can barely fit over 3000.

jjbballfan
Site Admin

Post by jjbballfan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:31 am

[quote=""ChumpDumper""]It's larger than the hall the Toros play in, and Austin has retractable risers on one side only, temporary risers on two others. Looks like Reno would seat about 5000 for basketball where Austin can barely fit over 3000.[/quote]

Austin looks pretty fan friendly though, not to many if any bad seats along with the basketball court for the kids in the corner...... I think that is the main factor....

ChumpDumper
Site Admin

Post by ChumpDumper » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:40 am

I like the setup in Austin. It's very intimate and I'm not sure they would draw much better in a suburban arena. There should be a ton of room in Reno for a kids area on the stage end of the hall. Even Hidalgo stuffs a kids zone in one end of their floor.

One thing's for sure: if the showcase is ever in Reno, I'm going.

Return to “D-League”