The NBA Development League (D-League) forum
DakotaWiz
Site Admin

Tulsa's moving

Post by DakotaWiz » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:03 pm

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:46 pm

They are staying in market though, so the title's misleading. I'm surprised they aren't planning on playing in the new big arena in Tulsa.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:03 pm

[quote=""rams80""]They are staying in market though, so the title's misleading. I'm surprised they aren't planning on playing in the new big arena in Tulsa.[/quote]
Attendance is the problem...

My aunt & uncle used to live in Bixby, and it was a pretty rural place. Just as they were moving out, it was getting developed...I hope they do well there!
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

ChumpDumper
Site Admin

Good luck

Post by ChumpDumper » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:08 pm

This might work out really well for them. From what I've read it's about the perfect size for a D-League team and sometimes it's easier to get families to go to the burbs so they can do stuff before or after the game. I wonder what the rent is compared to downtown.

jjbballfan
Site Admin

Post by jjbballfan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:27 pm

I still think Tulsa is a tough market no matter where you play.... you have Tulsa and Oral Roberts to compete with, plus OU and OSU on television..... I would of thought a move to Witchita Falls would of been a better move for them....

S.Sox
Site Admin

Attendance numbers

Post by S.Sox » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:50 pm

What is a good attendance in the D-League?

I was also trying to find out what the D-League needs to break even in the average market??

Thanks
S.Sox

jjbballfan
Site Admin

Post by jjbballfan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:22 am

[quote=""S.Sox""]What is a good attendance in the D-League?

I was also trying to find out what the D-League needs to break even in the average market??

Thanks
S.Sox[/quote]

3000 plus is a good average...... It depends on the arena deal for the break even point but if I had to guess it would be in the 1,800-2,400 depending on the sponsorship, and arena deal.....

Return to “D-League”