Team Thread - Albuquerque Thunderbirds

The NBA Development League (D-League) forum
abie10
Site Admin

Post by abie10 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:51 am

More action from the T-Birds...via the Journal

Albuquerque's starting guards of Ali Berdiel and Daniel Horton have left the team in search of greener pastures, with Berdiel returning to his native Puerto Rico and Horton looking to go to a professional league in France. Horton's new team has yet to buy out his contract, however, and he may yet return to the Thunderbirds, said assistant coach John Coffino.
But Horton won't be available this weekend as Albuquerque faces Rio Grande Valley in games tonight and Saturday.
Help is on the way in the form of guards Daryl "Majik" Dorsey and rookie Dwight Brewington. Their availability for this weekend, however is in question.
"Hopefully, one of them will be ready for (tonight)," Coffino said.
The Thunderbirds also will be without Elijah Ingram. He asked for his release before the team's last road trip because of playing time issues, but every time he seemed to make some headway on the court, he would be nagged by injuries or illness off of it. Although he left the team some time ago, Ingram couldn't be officially released until the team signed another rookie, which is what makes Brewington addition important.

ChumpDumper
Site Admin

Good

Post by ChumpDumper » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:04 am

I'm glad Majic found another team.

skippy
Site Admin

Post by skippy » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:06 pm

According to the paper, after the game, Ruland grabbed the PA mic and apologized the crowd for the awful performance.

He should have been doing that after every game this year.

Very erratic and disappointing performances, I'm starting to lose interest in this.

#1 T-Birds Fan
Site Admin

Post by #1 T-Birds Fan » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:47 pm

I lost intrest a few games ago. I will still come to the games but It's hard not to root for the opposing team.
Farewell Coop....you made a great run.

Coach Cooper's gang- "2006 D-League Champs"

ChumpDumper
Site Admin

Info please

Post by ChumpDumper » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:57 pm

We might head up there to see the Toros play in a couple of weeks. Maybe you guys could tell me something about the handicapped seating. Are the sections on the same level as the concourse where folks walk in front of you all the time, blocking the view?

abie10
Site Admin

Post by abie10 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:10 pm

You know what...I think it is. Concourse level. You should let me know when your coming, I have a couple tickets from games that I missed that I can trade in. You'll be sitting on the floor...much better seats.

Send me an email abelicio @ gmail.com

ChumpDumper
Site Admin

Wow!

Post by ChumpDumper » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:18 pm

Thanks! I'll let you know when I finalize the plans. It will probably one of the games between March 11 and 14 when the Toros are there all week.

abie10
Site Admin

Post by abie10 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:21 pm

I'll be waiting...

jjbballfan
Site Admin

Post by jjbballfan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:44 pm

Has there been any updates or new rumors about this franchise being sold or moving to a downtown arena that may be built soon or moving to the burbs because I have watched web-cast and I have to say that where they play is the least fan friendly place I have ever seen...... It reminded me of playing in an old YMCA building..... I think Albuquerque has a lot of promise but I think the team needs to find local owners and be placed in a better facility.

TBirdCrazy
Site Admin

Post by TBirdCrazy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:03 pm

I do not think this team is getting sold. Attendance is up, and no indications from ownership towards that fact.

The proposed downtown arena is still waiting for bank approval of funds. The word is that all parties involved do not see any trouble with it getting approved.

The lease for Tingley is up this year, so hopefully the team can move to another arena, at least temporary until the downtown one is built.

I agree, Tingley Coliseum was meant for Rodeos and horse shows, not Basketball.

Return to “D-League”