Elder Statesman Micheal Ray..

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
panchess
Site Admin

Elder Statesman Micheal Ray..

Post by panchess » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:46 pm

..interestingly one of the shining lights in the CBA this season has been Micheal Ray Richardson, the coach run out of Albany on a rail (deservely so) after his comments in the Times-Union just before the CBA Finals last year.

He stood up to Baron Hopgood, and held the real team together while new ownership was found in Lawton, OK. The Cavalry suddenly seems to be one of the best teams in the league, after almost folding at Christmas. Provoking a crisis in this case was the moral, and right, thing to do.

Micheal Ray also doesn't seem interested in Tuckman's crap in Montana, and wants to play on a regulation court with real CBA referees. Good for him. Tuckman's comments in the paper were as follows:

"We've been having all kinds of troubles with Oklahoma. They think it's the NBA finals, not the CBA," Tuckman said Monday afternoon after the postponement was announced.

Good for Oklahoma. That's the kind of management I want running my team.

OKCAVS67
Site Admin

Post by OKCAVS67 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:00 am

[quote=""panchess""]..
Good for Oklahoma. That's the kind of management I want running my team.[/quote]

We are happy he is here.

Makes one wonder if the issues in Albany was more with the ownership there than anything?

jbirdmontana
Site Admin

Post by jbirdmontana » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:12 am

Don't promote the Michael Ray to saint hood just yet, a friend of mine works at the Playground, which is a strip club here in Great Falls, and she said that Michael Ray was there last night and was very rude. Maybe that is why he didn't want to play the game last night, he would rather be in the strip club then out coaching.

cat1bb1
Site Admin

Okcavs

Post by cat1bb1 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:18 am

[quote=""OKCAVS67""]We are happy he is here.

Makes one wonder if the issues in Albany was more with the ownership there than anything?[/quote]

His bigoted remarks were his problem not ownership, keep it real, ok...
Gotta love the game...

TheStandard
Site Admin

Post by TheStandard » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:57 am

[quote=""jbirdmontana""]Don't promote the Michael Ray to saint hood just yet, a friend of mine works at the Playground, which is a strip club here in Great Falls, and she said that Michael Ray was there last night and was very rude. Maybe that is why he didn't want to play the game last night, he would rather be in the strip club then out coaching.[/quote]

And Bobby Knight was the Pope????? Adolph Rupp was Christ???

Please Michael Ray is just normal compared to those two that i've mentioned.

Michael Ray got mad about the ABAish things that were happening to the team he is coaching. He stood up not only for himself but for his players and the fans.

He can act silly at times but hey he cares about things unlike others.
Mean Spirited Blogger # 8
ABAish: Created By TheStandard
ABAish:Not Playing 99% of your games but you satisfy your self less than 50% Lack Of Promotion Of Your Team, Not Paying your players, Playing in a High School with non regulation lines or Half Court, Playing with Wal-Mart Uniforms, Playing with Mismatched Socks, Posting lies about your league, Posting things that are not basketball or really league related, Calling others Unethical and Immoral, Being Joe Newman.500 Charcters suck.

Patroons1
Site Admin

Post by Patroons1 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:35 am

JBird, next time I'm around montana, can I meet your "friend" at the club, I promise I won't be rude like Michael Ray and I'll bring plenty of green and gold twenty's ;)

jbirdmontana
Site Admin

Post by jbirdmontana » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:21 am

Yeah man just come go to the Playground and make it rain.!!!!

SUNKINGS
Site Admin

Post by SUNKINGS » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:37 am

The Most Unbeleivable Part Of The Story Is, There Actually Is, A Strip Club In Great Falls.

jbirdmontana
Site Admin

Post by jbirdmontana » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:02 am

Ouch Sun King that one hurt but it was funny there are actually 2 of them. Whatever happened too Ralphie Holmes were did he play this year. He was a great player, a real jack-ass on the court, but off the court he was really a decent guy. (We hung out with him once last year)

panchess
Site Admin

Didn't say he was a saint..

Post by panchess » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:18 pm

..and he couldn't stay in Albany, the capital of New York, after his remarks. The Times-Union story that got him fired began with his lawyer reviewing a new contract to coach the USBL and CBA Patroons for 2007-2008, after all, so ownership obviously thought enough of him to keep him another year.

Return to “CBA”