What do you think would be the best CBA playoff structure?

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum

What would be the best playoff scenario for the CBA?

Top team in each division, best of five finals
26%
Top two teams in each division, best of three series, survivors play best of five
42%
Top four per division, #1 v #4 while #2 v #3, winners best of 3, then winners best of 5
21%
eight team single-elimination tournament bracket in one location
5%
Top four per div, #4-#3 1 game, winner v #2 1 game, winner v #1 best of 3, winners best of 5
No votes
Top 3 per div, round-robin series with top 2 teams with highest quarterpoints meet in best of 5
5%
Oh hell, forget the playoffs and just give the trophy to ...
No votes

Total votes: 19

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:55 pm

I believe that you heard him, ot. But I've yet to see any official documents on it. I would think that they would have released that info, or maybe I missed it.

bectond
Site Admin

Post by bectond » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:34 pm

IMO, the first round should be a round robin tournament (Like in 06').
Have 4 teams from each conference play a round robin over the course of one week.
On Tuesday “day 1”, the top seed would travel to the 4th seed (each team plays at least 1 playoff game) and the 3rd seed travels to the 2nd seed.
On Thursday the 4th seed travels to the 2nd seed and the 3rd seed travels to the 1st seed (which returns home)
On Sunday the 4th seed travels to the 3rd seed(which returns home)
and the 2nd seed visits the Top seed.
The team that accumulates the most QP’s during the round robin tournament would advance to a seven game finals series.

The winners of the Round robin tournament would play on Wednesday and Friday of the following week at the team with the most regular season QP’s. And on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday(if necessary) at the team with the least regular season QP’s. Then return to the city with the most regular season QP’s on Saturday (if necessary) and Sunday (if necessary).

The Entire playoffs would take a total of only 3 weeks to complete.
Basketball Junkie and Rummikub Champion

jbirdmontana
Site Admin

Post by jbirdmontana » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:11 am

I know what you guys think that Yakima and Minot are the best, but you all need to take a better look at the new Explorers squad, we are a great team that has only played about 8 games together. We need a chance to make some noise here at the end of the season. And lets not forget that the old Great Falls team that couldn't hold this ones jock beat Minot in Great Falls, so don't just hand Minot and Yakima a championship series. East Kentucky is also a very good team.

SUNKINGS
Site Admin

Post by SUNKINGS » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:24 am

Calm down, Fairfield high is putting on their spring play. "High School Musical" March 12-19. So they would have issues with a place to play.
Last edited by SUNKINGS on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:37 am

I'll grant you that E.K. is playing pretty good now, JBird, but don't overlook the X, regardless of what happens on Friday(hopefully we win).

Return to “CBA”