Minot @ East Kentucky - Feb. 9

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
Minor Leaguer
Site Admin

Post by Minor Leaguer » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:44 am

SUNKINGS, I agree although at this level I would place it around 80-20 on talent to coaching. You can't call Keathley a good coach at this point. He is under .500 this season and before that he won in the ABA. Like I said before the ABA means nothing. It's not like he doesn't have the talent to win games. I also find it funny that we haven't heard from ole Zeke or whatever his name is lately either.

one way
Site Admin

the coach

Post by one way » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:00 am

On this level, the coach is responsible for player personell. It is not an excuse that the team is to young. The coach brought in the players. The fact is that they are not getting it done. i told everyone about the problems with overseas stuff and everyone went crazy. The point is that the coach is responsible for wins and right now all he has been able to produce is a sub 500 record. No play-offs. Here is another predication, the kentucky coach will not finish the year and if he does, he will not be resigned for next year. Don't bother posting to argue, just sit back and wait.

roncris8
Site Admin

Post by roncris8 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:10 am

Hey guys I want to weigh in on this thread that is going on.
First of all I just want you guys to know that I am a Big Miners Fan but I do have a problem with this team that has now been assembled. These boys have to figure out there is no "I" in team. I get so sick of seeing them play selfish ball. They need to learn how to play team ball once again or we might as well pack it up. It is so obivious sitting in the stands it makes you wanna leave.

Now as far as the coach, Coach Keathley in my opinion is a great coach but once again he can only teach and preach so much. He has to have his players come together and help him win. I don't think any coach could win alot of games with what is going on with this team.

Now as far as Zeke, never met him don't know him but I respect him. Any man that is not afraid to admit his love of Christ is #1 in my book. Sure he has big dreams and probably unreachable goals but at least he has heart and he tries he just don't sit on this computer and put people down. Compassion Heart Determination, If all the Miners had it we would be unstoppable so please don't knock a man for trying. I doubt any of us have seen him play so he may be the next pistol pete , whos to say.

GO MINERS!!!!

one way
Site Admin

players

Post by one way » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:16 am

If the players are not responding, then the coach has to figure out how and why and make the changes to get players to do that. that would be a great coach. you just cannot keep losing ballgames and blame it on something else. The coach is responsible and if he was a great coach he woud be able to blend four all-stars togther and win or put the pieces togther and win. He is not winning, plain and simple. The players have tuned him out and they will continue to struggle

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:28 am

[quote=""one way""]On this level, the coach is responsible for player personell. It is not an excuse that the team is to young. The coach brought in the players. The fact is that they are not getting it done. i told everyone about the problems with overseas stuff and everyone went crazy. The point is that the coach is responsible for wins and right now all he has been able to produce is a sub 500 record. No play-offs. Here is another predication, the kentucky coach will not finish the year and if he does, he will not be resigned for next year. Don't bother posting to argue, just sit back and wait.[/quote]

By all means, please share some of your insights with us. For you to state such as the overseas comments implies you are well connected. As of now, all we see are comments without any substantial proof of your "knowledge". It takes no boldness to make statements that can't be disproven. I could say that Coach Knox is racist becuase he has no white players on his roster and I have heard him make comments anout white trash players (all of which is blatantly untrue to prove my point but couldn't be proven as lies until I admitted it). If you have the goods, you wouldn't be so hush-hush about how you know these things. I assure you that I am closer to the situation than you and there is 100% no truth to Keathley trying to ward off overseas contracts to keep the team intact. .. Sit back and watch as I predict the world will turn dark at night before light will arrive again....

major4_4
Site Admin

Daleo

Post by major4_4 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:48 am

[quote=""SUNKINGS""]Disagree
Woolpert calls plays on both ends of the floor throughout games. Guys dont execute they sit. I watch other teams come in here and watch their coach stand there with his arms folded watching the game. Then calling timeout as the game slips away. I say it 70-75% players 25-30% coaching. Without talent you have nothing is a fact.[/quote]\\

I agree Woolpert does coach, however I cant see all the praise people give Chris Daleo. What I witnessed is Ronnie Fields does most of talking during timeouts and setting plays from the floor. Daleo spent most of his time talking to a few of us behind the bench. I guess cutting John Strickland from a teams roster can make a man happy again.
Last edited by major4_4 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:51 am

Daleo has KY ties also... he lived in E-town for many years.... He is a class act and an exceptional coach... Record-wise, Woolpert appears a great coach as well... make them 1 and 1A.... different styles... kinda like the apples/oranges argument

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:20 am

one way, what's your issue with the coach? You've been critical of him before for other things and this appears to be just another excuse to fire a shot across his bow. Not saying you don't have reason to dislike him, I don't know, but I don't think his coaching is what's really annoying you.

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:24 am

thanks preeths for noticing also... I have never said Coach K is the best coach in the league, nor will I, as I feel there are some that excel more in "X's and O's".... however, it seems more than evident there is more to this than meets the eye... and I assure you that many if not most of the the points he shared before about blocking overseas contracts could not be further from the truth

MinersFan3
Site Admin

not again

Post by MinersFan3 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:25 pm

Not again will I fuel that guy's fire by talking back to his empty and questionable comments and speculations. But I will say this. Keathley will be back next year, and he will finish this season. He loves it in EK, and I believe he made NO MISTAKES in his initial recruiting of young players. Again, my opinions only, but he understands that dynasties aren't built overnight, and that he needed a core group of talent to MOLD to his style of play. Mark my words, if the CBA and/or Miners stay where they are, and faith is put in Keathley, EK will dominate in the next 2-3 years.

GO MINERS!

btw . . . great win/confidence builder in Pitt last night!!!!!
Last edited by MinersFan3 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “CBA”