Minot @ East Kentucky - Feb. 9

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
MinersFan3
Site Admin

Minot @ East Kentucky - Feb. 9

Post by MinersFan3 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:12 am

:confused:

I'm puzzled. We have 4 CBA All-Stars, a coach named one of the top 10 young coaches in America, a great front office . . . yet, we get on the court and show NO EMOTION as Minot walks away with the game in the 3rd. Granted, we had a couple of key injuries at a crucial point in the game,(Crain - ankle, Northern - hand), but come on, where's the team chemistry??? We HAD it . . . .

OKCAVS67
Site Admin

Post by OKCAVS67 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:41 am

Wonder if there is some behind the scene stuff with the players that nobody is talking about?

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:51 am

I watched the game, Minersfan3. The Miners seemed to do well, but I think the Skyrockets wanted to make up for their loss here. You have a tough schedule, hosting them again tomorrow then coming up here.
Cavs, I saw that the Cavs beat the Kings tonight, by one(92-91). It looked like a good crowd in Lawton.

PikevilleOT
Site Admin

Post by PikevilleOT » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:19 pm

MinersFan3, I feel your pain also... The injury to Crain hurt a lot as he is perhaps the best shooter on the team. Northern's hand injury might leave us one short the rest of the way unless we have another signing. Maybe we should pretend each team is Yakima and we might maintain greater focus for 48 minutes...if we play that well with the best team in the CBA (record-wise), we should be much, much better than .500 ballclub

Minor Leaguer
Site Admin

Post by Minor Leaguer » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:48 pm

I think the fact that Pro Basketball News named Keathley one of the top 10 young coaches is a joke. Congrats he was named coach of the year in the ABA one season. That is like being named MVP of your local rec league. I would be very interested to see who the other 9 coaches on the list were.

panchess
Site Admin

Miners...

Post by panchess » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:43 pm

...don't have a lot of size and they have a first-year coach in the CBA. They are in a tough division too. It makes a difference. Last year's Alley Cats team (same ownership) had a lot of playmakers too, but without the size, they struggled late in the season and against better teams.

They have a pretty good team, but not an excellent one. Minot is excellent, and so is Coach Daleo.

Look for EK to make a jump next season. Pittsburgh got their butts kicked last year, but they learned the right lessons with obvious results.

jbirdmontana
Site Admin

Post by jbirdmontana » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:04 pm

Just have to say to Minor Leaguer that I love that comparision of being ABA coach of the year to being MVP of the local rec league that was hilarious I am still chuckling.

heavesrock
Site Admin

Post by heavesrock » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:27 pm

Goodness, how many games can the Miners blow? Leading by 7 at the end of the third, and they lost another one. 5.5-1.5
Vermont Frost Heaves fan site: http://freewebs.com/frostheavesfans

Frost Heaves Forum: http://frostheaves.proboards.com

roncris8
Site Admin

Post by roncris8 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:57 am

Went to game, big crowd , and another blown opportunity.
Here is my opinion.
They have two many allstars. Their is no team chemistry like there was at the first of the year. I think its hurting them having so many playmakers cause everyone tries to out do the other and its not good.

I may be wrong but thats what I think. But it was great to see another big crowd .

GO MINERS!!

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:08 am

What were the crowd numbers down there, Ron? I did not really notice the big crowd until later in the game.
I was hoping the Miners would split the series, as they have their work cut out for them, traveling up here and playing us tomorrow night.

Return to “CBA”