CBA like a city league???

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
jbirdmontana
Site Admin

CBA like a city league???

Post by jbirdmontana » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:26 am

Now you guys are on here talking that the Butte team is having financial problems. So that makes Great Falls, Butte, Atlanta, Oklahoma, ok just pretty much every team except Yakima that has been mentioned this year as having problems. What is the CBA becoming, a city league. In a City League you get a sponsor or two to pay for the fees, here in Great Falls it is like 350 bucks for a team. Most of the teams in city league don't have their own jerseys, and sometimes the jerseys don't match, sounds alot like the CBA this season. And in city league the players don't get paid and there are no coaches, kinda like Butte with a player coach. After the games alot of the players go out for drinks also just like a city league team. The only difference is that the players aren't having to pay their way on road trips, and of course the players are better in the CBA.. ( Just hoping for a few laughs from anyone who reads this.)

jbirdmontana
Site Admin

Post by jbirdmontana » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:33 am

And alot of the teams only have one set of jerseys almost forgot.

heavesrock
Site Admin

Post by heavesrock » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:26 am

List of teams that have worn two jerseys this season:

Albany
Minot
Oklahoma
East Kentucky
Yakama
Minot
Butte
Pittsburgh

Heaven knows with Atlanta as there are no pictures of any of their homes games. I haven't a clue with Great Falls.

List of teams that have had confirmed financial problems this season. Key word: Confirmed

Butte
Great Falls
Oklahoma (Who are now under new ownership)

No one has really been able to prove that Atlanta has not had money this year, although I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

List of teams without coaching problems this season:

Atlanta
Albany
East Kentucky
Minot
Pittsburgh
Yakama
Rio Grande (fired but performance based)

List of teams with at least 15 sponsors

Albany
East Kentucky
Yakama
Rio Grande
Oklahoma
Great Falls
Minot
Pittsburgh

I don't know with Butte
Vermont Frost Heaves fan site: http://freewebs.com/frostheavesfans

Frost Heaves Forum: http://frostheaves.proboards.com

psbf
Site Admin

I should add

Post by psbf » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:06 am

that the Xplosion 3 jerseys. The X have black and Gold in addition to home white.

Patroons1
Site Admin

Post by Patroons1 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:15 am

Actually, the "going out for drinks after the game" part...I think all leagues...city, CBA, etc teams have that in common, just harder to find where the NBA teams drink unless you know a rather attractive groupie. ;) Especially when on the road....

jbirdmontana
Site Admin

Post by jbirdmontana » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:29 pm

Damn heaves I wasn't saying that teams haven't worn 2 differents jerseys for you to tear me apart, Great Falls has not had their own jerseys since their last home game, I believe that Oklahoma had to borrow jerseys for a game, and Rio Grande Valley has home pictures of them wearing their black away unis for home games. What is up with A-towns jerseys, are they practice jerseys or what. I thought the old Xplosion uniforms looked good on the GF team when they went there, or at least the shorts were long.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:46 pm

While I'm glad that the Xplosion were able to help Oklahoma and Great Falls out during their visits, I preferr teams to show up in their own uniforms for play, although I recognize that was not possible in their situations. But I don't like seeing what looks like Xplosion then vs. Xplosion now. Unfortunately(only for the fact that I would not see their real uniforms) they will not be back.

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:23 pm

[quote=""Patroons1""]...just harder to find where the NBA teams drink unless you know a rather attractive groupie. ;) [/quote]

Rather attractive?

Are you accusing NBA players of having low standards?

The ignonimy!

Of course, every time I see someone misspell "lose" by adding another o, I keep wanting to break out with some joke in the neighborhood of the above. I've been divorced, I've now had a girlfriend for the last 5 months, PLEASE do your best to refrain from placing these thoughts in my mind.
Mean Spirited Blogger #107

Patroons1
Site Admin

Post by Patroons1 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:08 pm

:infun: LOL, I stand corrected and agree that the NBA has the highest standard of groupie. I would say NBDL & CBA is second, USBL, ABA, IBL to follow...but may make for an interesting poll.

Return to “CBA”