Charleston SandSharks?

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
Trainwreck
Site Admin

Charleston SandSharks?

Post by Trainwreck » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:10 pm

http://thecharlestonsandsharks.com/

It 'looks' like the Charleston SandSharks are attempting to revive themselves in the NIFL next year.

One interesting bit from their website...they can't get an arena deal (I wonder why?) so they are planning to play all of their games outdoors (no venue named yet).

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:30 pm

Carolina Sandsharks Heading outdoors in 2008
Thursday, 30 August 2007
The Carolina Sand Sharks are heading outdoors, yes outdoors.. The principal owner announced that the team will play outdoors in 2008. The decision came after several attempts to secure the North Charleston Coliseum for a reasonable leasing price for 7 home games . It was realized that every indoor programs that attempted to play in the coliseum failed not because the could not make, but simply because the lease for rental is extremely to high and teams are not able to profit or break even. The Sand Sharks will pay all of it employees including staff and football players. The team announce the stadium location soon.. "GET EXCITED"
Do the owners of this team even speak English as their native tongue?

Sykotyk
Site Admin

Post by Sykotyk » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:57 pm

That should've ended: "GET EXECUTED".

Wonder if this lays credence to the NIFL and CG registering "National Independent Football League" as a new name.

Curious, Paul, on when/if the NIFL will even drop off OSC? I mean, this is sub-APFL antics, and yet the APFL has yet to crack OSC.

I remember a while ago the Women's leagues were on here en masse, even without them being professional. And despite them now being gone--for the most part--the junior league hockey sections are still up and I think it's time that a distinction be made; either the NIFL gets booted from here (to the great detriment of comedy it produces) or the APFL finally gets its due and is added.

Sykotyk
Sykotyk's Super Trip - 10,473 miles, 48 states, 16 days

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:14 pm

I say have a section titled NIFL/APFL, or APFL/NIFL, or ANIFL/NIFL/APFL, or NIFL/APFL/ANIFL, or.... (you get the picture). :p
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:32 pm

Just a technicality to mention about junior hockey: the AMERICAN junior leagues (USHL, NAHL, all the Tier III Junior A and the Junior B leagues) allow players to retain NCAA eligibility... unpaid, in short. The CANADIAN major junior leagues (with a few American-based teams) pay per diem, which the NCAA considers a no-no, though "graduating" players retain Canadian school eligibility. Not that I'm sure you'll get more of the CHL crowd than you already have (once every few months plus me pontificating on the Northwest situations), because other websites are already favored among those fans. Pretty clear distinction, however.

The NIFL belongs in the special "Walks Like A Ponzi Scheme, Acts Like A Ponzi Scheme" section.

Sykotyk
Site Admin

Post by Sykotyk » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:20 am

No doubt about it, Pounder that the Canadian junior leagues are borderline professional (they do get more than pre- and post-game meal and paid travel).

I understand the NIFL is a great comedy and the NIFL forums are never dull, but I think if this charade is to continue that maybe OSC can at least add an "Other" section for indoor football on the fringe. Something for the Utah teams, APFL, NAIFL, ANIFL, IIFL, ABCDIFL, etc...

Sykotyk
Sykotyk's Super Trip - 10,473 miles, 48 states, 16 days

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:39 pm

[quote=""Sykotyk""]...maybe OSC can at least add an "Other" section for indoor football on the fringe. Something for the Utah teams, APFL, NAIFL, ANIFL, IIFL, ABCDIFL, etc...[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Just create another sub-forum at the bottom called "Other Indoor Leagues" for the NIFL, APFL, IIFA, etc. On the other hand, the General Discussion section can also serve the same purpose.

Return to “NIFL”