15 phone calls later and lookie lookie...Joe is king

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
a1sports
Site Admin

15 phone calls later and lookie lookie...Joe is king

Post by a1sports » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:13 pm

Took long enough yesterday to get info and piece it together. so here it is.

The rec league conference call:

1. Maybe 12 owners tops on the phone.
2. All Joe does is spin spin spin...ALL BS
3. Joe still blaming Doyle from last year for this years problems...LOL
4. LIed about every number he said yesterday,,, spent x on this law suit , spent y on that law suit. gave so and so a loan. NADA of truth.
5. He is so sad that people talk nagative about him.
6. BRAD said nothing during the conference call, JOJO allowed him to talk about the refs at the end for a few minutes to which brad said...I dont know anything about the ref situation. LOL
7. Joe would like to start revenue sharing but Joe said...I go to my mail box everyday but no checks are there to share with you owners. LOL
8. Everyone I talked to about the conference call had this opinion, yes everyone>>> The owners are idiots and joe plays them like a fiddle. If some one brings up a schedule problem Joe ignores the question and starts talking about great deals that are coming up and the owners drop the schedule talk. AMAZING.
9. Joe promised the owners that he will get back at Doyle in such a big way that Doyle wont see it coming. Called Doyle bad names (isnt this liable?).

BUT.....

JOJO has an offer for someone to buy the ABA. JOJO insists that if this group or person does buy BRAD must stay in a position with the ABA THis way JOE can still control things. He says he would step down,,,yea right.

BUT....

Looks like Darren of Strong Island would be the new CEO... you know the owner with no money, the owner that pulled this BS move of folding.
Birds of a feather. JoJO and Darren. Smoke and mirrors of new management.

NOTHING WILL CHANGE, owners still have no money, ABA still has no teams or schedule and Joe will continue to get checks. PERIOD

Still have a few more calls to make out there to confirm other things I heard.

rider
Site Admin

OFFER To BUY ABA

Post by rider » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:59 pm

It is true Joe did have a serious offer to purchase the ABA but failed to provide due diligence information and the buyer is gone, gone gone.

BBallFan - Long Island
Site Admin

Post by BBallFan - Long Island » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:31 pm

Look for SEC filings in the future if negotiations are underway (for an acquisition).

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:46 pm

A1, I understand Alex Wolff spoke for a couple minutes during the conference call yesterday. I'm curious to know what you thought of what he had to say.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:33 pm

Have we established yet why a1sports goes to all this trouble?
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

DazedAndAmused
Site Admin

Post by DazedAndAmused » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:40 pm

[quote=""preeths""]A1, I understand Alex Wolff spoke for a couple minutes during the conference call yesterday. I'm curious to know what you thought of what he had to say.[/quote]
[place predictable rant here from A1]

....did we really need to ask??!!

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:58 pm

[quote=""Sam Hill""]Have we established yet why a1sports goes to all this trouble?[/quote]

I don't know that we have to do so for anyone, but, yes, I believe we have established why it's important to him. He stated earlier this week he knew a lot of people who had been hurt by the league. That's all we really need to know. From what I have heard, his information on the league conference call is accurate, though open for interpretation. Many with whom I've talked share his interpretation of some things that were said.

TheStandard
Site Admin

Post by TheStandard » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:58 pm

A1 since you know so much who gave you the info?

{Inserts the part about his so called sources and of how they're right}

ABA Owners don't lie to me especially when they know I can help them $$$$ alot
Mean Spirited Blogger # 8
ABAish: Created By TheStandard
ABAish:Not Playing 99% of your games but you satisfy your self less than 50% Lack Of Promotion Of Your Team, Not Paying your players, Playing in a High School with non regulation lines or Half Court, Playing with Wal-Mart Uniforms, Playing with Mismatched Socks, Posting lies about your league, Posting things that are not basketball or really league related, Calling others Unethical and Immoral, Being Joe Newman.500 Charcters suck.

Return to “ABA”