Something smells fishy in Long Island

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
a1sports
Site Admin

Something smells fishy in Long Island

Post by a1sports » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:58 pm

Was thinking about the announcement regarding SIS yesterday, yes I jumped on and said Darren probably has no money. Then I started to think about it.....

Hes an accountant. Wouldnt he know prior to the season if he had the funds to operate all season?

Hes the CFO of the rec league ABA, is there something that the shareholders should know that he knows?

Where is the latest filing? Way overdue.

Was he waiting for some money that didnt come? for his salary? for the team?

Did Joe do something or NOT do something to cause them to quit all of the sudden?

Is this a power play by Darren to force joe to do something?

Something smells fishy as always in the ABA............

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:04 pm

I thought the same thing A1.

There is something going on that has led to this. I honestly believe Darren has jumped ship on Joe. I truly think that something will happen.

I also have a fairly good idea on where it may be coming from too. I think when we look back on this one word will sink Joe. Ontario. The problem will come from Ontario.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:19 pm

IMO, He would have jumped ship with Doyle and Salley. That was the correct move. By him staying with Joe put him, IMO, in the samer personality clan, if you know what I mean. He came this far with Joe, for him to just jump now doesnt sound right.

Birds of a feather ! what keeps these birds together in the rec league?
IMO, the chance to make $$$$$$$$$.

Someday the current owenrs will see that they put there money out, made Zero and Joe and his gang will make money some how leaving the current owners holding there "balls" and nothing else.

MisterHappy
Site Admin

Post by MisterHappy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:17 am

Maybe the league itself is folding and strong island knows it so just stopped playing. have they made an official announcement about it?

BBallFan - Long Island
Site Admin

Post by BBallFan - Long Island » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:44 pm

New to the board as a participant.

Could be a Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing ABA Inc.. Has anyone been following any of the lawsuits and their resolution? A Chapter 11 filing would allow the ABA to file a reorganization plan - essentially admitting the mistakes of the past with the promises of a better tomorrow. For some, a true plan for a better tomorrow. For others, delaying the inevitable.

Perhaps the CFO (Darren) discussed the inevitability of a coming cash crunch, and by dropping his team (SIS) out, kind of forces Joe's hand.

rider
Site Admin

ABA WAs Paying SI's Bills?

Post by rider » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:00 pm

Do you really think Darren had any money? Don't you think the league was paying the bills in Long Island which was why Darren was the league CFO? Now the league can't pay the bills ,Darren pulls the plug and will never play again in any league unless someone pays the bill. Just my guess!

cglue
Site Admin

So not true

Post by cglue » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:19 pm

[quote=""rider""]Do you really think Darren had any money? Don't you think the league was paying the bills in Long Island which was why Darren was the league CFO? Now the league can't pay the bills ,Darren pulls the plug and will never play again in any league unless someone pays the bill. Just my guess![/quote]

This is not true at all.
"This Time It's Personal"
http://www.houstontakers.com

TheStandard
Site Admin

Post by TheStandard » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:26 pm

[quote=""cglue""]This is not true at all.[/quote]

Very not true at all.

Darren has the money. He pulled out because of the instability of teams such as Delaware and Westchester.

But don't let it fool you. Darren has money and resources.

And damn whats with all these damn rumors.

Darren Pulled out hey he did. Larry may just pull it hey its his damn money.
Mean Spirited Blogger # 8
ABAish: Created By TheStandard
ABAish:Not Playing 99% of your games but you satisfy your self less than 50% Lack Of Promotion Of Your Team, Not Paying your players, Playing in a High School with non regulation lines or Half Court, Playing with Wal-Mart Uniforms, Playing with Mismatched Socks, Posting lies about your league, Posting things that are not basketball or really league related, Calling others Unethical and Immoral, Being Joe Newman.500 Charcters suck.

rider
Site Admin

Strong Island

Post by rider » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:22 pm

Thanks for your response to my speculation. If Darren is so credible why on earth he would he a officer on the ABA corporation. Being a CPA and the CFO of a public company means you have a professional fiduciary reponsibility. By not resigning long ago your tarred by association. I have to believe if bozo Joe is in trouble, they will put a microscope up the rear end of all the officers of the corporation. If he was the CFO , he wrote the checks , he's responsible.There is a bigger story to unfold very soon.

I MUST SAY THAT THIS IS ALL SPECULATION AND NOT BASED ON ANY FACT!

a1sports
Site Admin

Post by a1sports » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:29 pm

Darren DOESNT have the money...if he had money he would have kept playing...AS HE SAID ON THE ABA CONFERENCE CALL.....there was NO sposorship money to keep playing....so where was his money???????? CASE CLOSED

Return to “ABA”