Chicago PBL , Are they real?

The Premier Basketball League (PBL) forum
rider
Site Admin

Chicago PBL , Are they real?

Post by rider » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:24 pm

You got to wonder if Chicago is real? no web site ! no nothing! rochester's money or the league must be behind it?

DazedAndAmused
Site Admin

Chicago infrastructure

Post by DazedAndAmused » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:36 pm

Rumor is that much of the management of this team (off the court) will be driven by the league office and more will be made known in a couple days.

Participation in the FIBA tourney apparently contributed to some of the delays associated with this team.

Someone else with closer contacts to the league should be able to confirm.

rider
Site Admin

Chicago

Post by rider » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:44 am

Thats my point is there really a ownership group ? This is likely a league deal

DazedAndAmused
Site Admin

Post by DazedAndAmused » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:25 pm

Ya, I have the same questions and agree with you. I don't think the problem necessarily is that the league backing this team in some way. The problem is that there are 25 days to opening night with seemingly little going on, but that assessment comes from the lack of a web site and nothing else (at least for me.) There was talk of an "International" team early on that would only be a traveling team. I wonder if that has morphed into a team based in Chicago that will be playing some home games, but whose primary purpose is to represent the league in FIBA events. Chicago being chosen as the home base because of the location of some of the key people involved. This is just supposition on my part. Seems like someone from the league could monitor and confirm or send comment of some sort. (After all, the PBL has many agents on OSC spreading rumors and lies!)

QC_Hawks_fan
Site Admin

Rochester

Post by QC_Hawks_fan » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:01 pm

The management and ownership from Rochester will be running the Chicago team, as of today they are planning on playing in Cicero but that is likely to change, Cicero Stadium does not have running water. The league & owners are committed to make the PBL a success for the fans. No phony business plans like that other league (Not an attempt to bad mouth the ABA, they don't need any help with that, they are doing fine on their own).

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:21 am

[quote=""QC_Hawks_fan""]The management and ownership from Rochester will be running the Chicago team, as of today they are planning on playing in Cicero but that is likely to change, Cicero Stadium does not have running water. The league & owners are committed to make the PBL a success for the fans. No phony business plans like that other league (Not an attempt to bad mouth the ABA, they don't need any help with that, they are doing fine on their own).[/quote]
Do they have a website? A head coach? Players? Tryout info?

If not with two weeks before the season tips off, I guess they're not too committed to success...
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

QC_Hawks_fan
Site Admin

QC Riverhawks

Post by QC_Hawks_fan » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:13 pm

the same can be said of the Riverhawks, nothing on the team web site as far as exhibition games against the Rockford Fury last week and this week, no roster, coach, sponsor information BUT, they are real and I mean the are REAL.

I had the opportunity to watch them in Rockford against the Fury and I must say it's the type of basketball that is fun to watch, physical, fast and professional.

I recommend to anyone within an hour of a team to go, you won't be disappointed.

Happy Holidays.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:53 pm

[quote=""QC_Hawks_fan""]the same can be said of the Riverhawks, nothing on the team web site as far as exhibition games against the Rockford Fury last week and this week, no roster, coach, sponsor information BUT, they are real and I mean the are REAL.

I had the opportunity to watch them in Rockford against the Fury and I must say it's the type of basketball that is fun to watch, physical, fast and professional.

I recommend to anyone within an hour of a team to go, you won't be disappointed.

Happy Holidays.[/quote]
However skilled the players may be, if you don't keep your fans up-to-date on what's going on, not very many will show up for the games...

QC has an advantage, because they're the top dog in their region...Chicago though, they've got the Bulls and plenty college teams, so they'll need to promote better and FAST!

And Merry Christmas to you too, QC Hawks fan.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

BBallBoy
Site Admin

Post by BBallBoy » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:46 pm

Not sure about this Chicago team but check out the thread from the Dallas Morning News. The Dallas team appears to be real in a big way. Owner came from Nike and coach worked for the Lakers.

rider
Site Admin

Chicago Appears to be a Joke

Post by rider » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:45 pm

It's a couple of weeks before the tip off and Chicago is a joke, come PBL get your act together. You left the ABA to lead ! Your looking all to familiar! Your team web sites as a whole are very poorly maintained. We all want you to succed step it up quickly!

Return to “PBL”