MontanaFella
Site Admin

Acra Out As GM

Post by MontanaFella » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:10 pm

FrozenUpHere
Site Admin

Post by FrozenUpHere » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:17 pm

"I love the job, but I never knew whether a paycheck was coming."

This statement seems a little unsettling to me. Anyone in GF’s hearing about ppl in their organization not getting paid or is Acra stirring the pot in the wake of his release?

MontanaFella
Site Admin

Post by MontanaFella » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:56 am

No payroll was paid last friday to players, coaches, or staff. I am not in Great Falls but by the sounds of things, between Apex and Tuckman no employee has been paid for nearly two months.

Acra did tell a friend that Tickman payed him a nominal amount when he came in, but there has been no payroll.

Crystal Ball
Site Admin

Relax Abit

Post by Crystal Ball » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:03 am

All I know is at this level if the players donot get their funds they would'nt show up for work..... :mrgreen:

Add to the fact that they have been on the road for the first two weeks,I am sure that they were not spending out of their own pocket for per diem...

Tyler1420
Site Admin

I was the former director of sales for the Explorers.

Post by Tyler1420 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:50 pm

If there are specific questions that you would like answered, then please post them, okay? I'll do my best to answer.

All I know is that on 26 October, as I was out of town soliciting sponsorship dollars for the team, I was unable to access my email account. I was fired later that day. I received a txt msg from Mr. Acra a week later saying that my firing was a financial issue--had nothing to do with the $100K in sponsorships I had already raised for the team.

Mr. Tuckman and I spoke when he took over the team. I was expecting to hear back from Mr. Tuckman, but it seems as if he's changed his mind about calling me back.

Office chit-chat, that phone conversation and stories that were on Channel 5 and in the GF Tribunecovering the change of ownership were wildly conflicting, but, it seems the truth won out.

It's amazing, in my mind, the tone of the closing comments from MontanaFella.
Last edited by Tyler1420 on Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: addendum

psbf
Site Admin

Call me crazy

Post by psbf » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:12 am

but I would think the fact that you raised 100k, in sponsorship, would make you a valuable member of that team.

Tyler1420
Site Admin

Post by Tyler1420 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:08 am

That would be conventional thinking, wouldn't you agree?

However, Acra gave me every indication that GF Explorers' money wasn't handled locally; we were paid either by check from Apex (when we were paid) or by Wells Fargo transfer.

The team itself didn't seem to be benefitting from my sales efforts.

BTW, only 60K was cash, the rest was in trade.

psbf
Site Admin

Post by psbf » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:07 am

Yes and thanks, Tyler.

jbirdmontana
Site Admin

Post by jbirdmontana » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:40 am

You did a great job maybe if they kept you around they would actually have money. I hope tuckman is a better gm and brings in a better team no one wants to watch guess play as hard as they can just to keep up with the other team

jbirdmontana
Site Admin

Post by jbirdmontana » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:45 am

Montana fella where u from, ryan did an okay job last year of running a team that kermit young and others set up. But this year there is no one on the team that the coach didnt bring with him from his tryout in oklahoma, except for Stand and Salsheider (returners from last years team). The money issue cost the explorers keeping Jamar Howard (a CBA all star last year) and he chose to go play in germany.

Return to “CBA”