Fort Wayne follows Raptors into Cifl

The Indoor Football League (IFL) forum
Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:39 am

[quote=""jjbballfan""]The UIF may be expensive and I believe that is what is holding it back from being a 20+ team league right away but in 10 years it could very well be a 20+ team league and only the best will be there... my point being if owners are too cheap to play in the UIF they must not be a quality business.... the UIF has played every game you know that unless a tornado has gone through the arena when you travel to there you are going to play a game and when you go to your home arena they are going to show up.... short term the UIF is not a great league it is hard to make money the first couple of years but become a well established franchise and well known in the city you can make money because the community knows that the game is going to go on and it is going to be against the team that is listed on the ticket or on there web-site.[/quote]

That's a nice fantasy. In reality though, besides you
and a handful of others, the remaining 2,995 attendees
at an indoor football game dont care about anything
except that the home team wins and the beer is cold.

hawkeye
Site Admin

Post by hawkeye » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:52 pm

I took 40 friends to a game in another league in which the team on the field was not the team on the ticket. I didn't say a word because I was hoping at least a couple of these people would come back for another game. Someone looked at their ticket and said, "that's not the *team name*". The fill in team got dog stomped and none of those people in my group ever came back. A few left at halftime.

It's something different that draws people into these games. Some of it is the show, some of it is the food, some of it is the beer being cold. But it's not as simple at that Bruiser. If it was then teams that had cold beer (the Lincoln Capitols had the coldest beer...and the best beer) and teams that won ball games (plenty of winning teams no longer with us) would still be with us.

My wife used to love going to Beef games because of the homemade nacho stand. No more stand...no more wife at Beef games. My nephew used to love the pyrotechiques (sp?)...no more fireworks...no more nephew. And when teams start playing scrub fill in teams...that will drive people away as well.
Visit http://www.indoorfootballfan.com - a fan site built by fans for fans!

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:36 pm

[quote=""blanketman""]I am not ignorant about the Cifl nor the Uif for that matter.I cant stand Jim Terry so obviously ,Im not him.The leagues all work from the same talent pool. You cant tell me Bloomington will have better talent than some other team in the cifl. Chances are its about recruiting; period. Furthermore, the leagues and owners themselves will decide their own fate. That being said,the cifl has had a strong offseason many quality changes have been made to ensure a better year some include:all teams will participate in a 10,000 emergency fund,a combined 140,000 will be set aside; games will start in march and end in July;more ownership meetings throughout the season.The Uif will be fine too.[/quote]

That's a change in tack from you.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:41 pm

[quote=""jjbballfan""]
You could go with a lot of teams....[/quote]

San Antonio...No. That's Intense League/af2 turf.
OKC...No. They have an af2 team already
Colorado Springs...Perhaps, this could work.
Broomfield...If the Ice allow it.
Casper...Possibly, but ownership conflicts remain.
Reno...No. af2 turf
San Diego...Good Lord, No....
Tri-City(NE)...Maybe, assuming the arena still talks to indoor football leagues,
Rapid City...Could work
Salt Lake City...Good Lord, No...they have an AFL team
Yakima...No. af2 turf/derelict town.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

hawkeye
Site Admin

Post by hawkeye » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:00 pm

[quote=""Bruiser""]Really? I was very disappointed when the Nashville Kats came into
town last season and the Rush proceeded to bend over, grab their
ankles and let the Kats have their way with them. That sure was
"non-entertaining." And my Bears, well, I'd rather they COULD
schedule some scrub teams for them to play. And the team that
replaced Springfield @ the Slaughter last season had cool uni's...
and they all matched! Point is, you're not guaranteed a team will
play like they are supposed to in any league. I've seen plenty of
stinkers in the NFL and very exciting games at the local high school.
You make a mountain out of a mole hill, sir.[/quote]

Once again you are over simplfying it. By your standards anyone with a garage full of equipment, league dues, and an arena contract should be owning an indoor football team it seems. Sounds easy enough. Heck cold beer and a winning team. I could put that much together. So that will get me "football fans" and "beer drinking football fans". If those are the only fans I needed to make money I'd be doing this. Most of "those" fans don't give the indoor game a second thought. It's not NFL and it's not NCAA and it's not AFL.

I'm not trying to say your wrong...I'm just trying to say if it was that simple then more teams would be a success.
Visit http://www.indoorfootballfan.com - a fan site built by fans for fans!

jjbballfan
Site Admin

Post by jjbballfan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:05 pm

[quote=""hawkeye""]Once again you are over simplfying it. By your standards anyone with a garage full of equipment, league dues, and an arena contract should be owning an indoor football team it seems. Sounds easy enough. Heck cold beer and a winning team. I could put that much together. So that will get me "football fans" and "beer drinking football fans". If those are the only fans I needed to make money I'd be doing this. Most of "those" fans don't give the indoor game a second thought. It's not NFL and it's not NCAA and it's not AFL.

I'm not trying to say your wrong...I'm just trying to say if it was that simple then more teams would be a success.[/quote]

The thing that works with Indoor football atl east in the midwest is that it gives a chance to see local college players play in a fun game.... the tin about all minor league sports is getting you there, generally that means a good quality team- UIF has that, the fact that there is going to be an actual game against the team and if something happens it is announced well before time... UIF has, Then it has to have something that makes it interesting if that is good looking cheerleaders, a good concession stand or good beer that cost little.... it all is factored in but how you make money is by doing all that and still turning a profit... something that UIF teams have done and if they are not getting it done they leave.... How a league makes money is by having the disfunct franchises or the lesser ones not continue to bring down the rest of the league.....

ragefan
Site Admin

Post by ragefan » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:59 pm

the Rage is a class team, they have owners who are good to their team and they really care about the team and the players and fans. I enjoy the games . I look forward to seeing them in the UIF in 2008.

chardale
Site Admin

Post by chardale » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:13 am

[quote=""blanketman""]Also, you keep talking about competition thet is lacking in the cifl. In 2006, Rob Schreoder, was a Rochester Raider. He went on to make the all rookie team in the Afl. This year,5 Raiders are signing contracts with the Afl. Mike Mikolichik, Mo Jackson are in the process of signing with Kansas City. Three others with the Orlando and the Dragons. Furthermore, Jamil Porter has a contract offer with the aafl team. The team has 47 players trying out from 1 a schools this year alone. Is it because many of these positions come with a professional 30k job, if they are qualified;maybe.Where would you rather play, if you had a college degree in communications.In addition, the raiders have just signed an exclusive deal with a top agent in the country for afl players. This agent has a player on every Afl team. Also, Jim Kelly is a huge advocate of the raiders, check there web site out. Its about the teams not the league. i know there are great teams in the uif,but the cifl has some too.[/quote] IT HAS ONE, = Raiders

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:10 pm

[quote=""chardale""]IT HAS ONE, = Raiders[/quote]
Cool. I guess that implies that you're in agreement
that the CIFL is on par with the UIF, considering
the Storm is their ONE good team.

Bruiser
Site Admin

Post by Bruiser » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:13 pm

[quote=""hawkeye""]By your standards anyone with a garage full of equipment, league dues, and an arena contract should be owning an indoor football team it seems. [/quote]
Uh, ya. That's pretty much what's going on right now.
I never stated anything about teams being financially
successful only about why people are attending, and
it has nothing to do with the owners making money.

Return to “IFL”