More Deletions on the CIFL Board

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:13 pm

[quote=""Tatonka""]I suppose you guys knew what "talent tier" everyone belonged in back in October when we were working on the schedule? Before any of the new-for-'07 teams even had any players?

The issue concerning our schedule has been rehashed so many times on our board, that it's really not worth even bringing up again. Suffice it to say, it was impossible to make a "balanced" schedule with the dates we were given from some teams' arenas. Many of our teams play in hockey arenas and couldn't get good March dates as an example.

Going forward, we've already asked teams to begin securing as many weekend dates as possible for '08 so we have more to work with when it comes time to make the schedule for next season.[/quote]

I don't agree with those guys.

You did the right schedule format. Your other fellow indoor leagues recruit locally and have geographical divisions for playing most of their games against each other. But the CIFL for the second straight year had lopsided scores. That's why I think the game system bears part of the problem by allowing teams with a slight talent level to blowout their lesser opponent.

It's your dime. Investigate this issue in the offseason. The point is if you blow off your fans (former fans) suggestions and the league runs into this same problem in 2008, don't blame anyone else except those of you in charge that allowed your pride to get in the way of constructive criticism.

Research the issue. Prove it to yourself you got things under control.

If you are simply looking for new teams to join the league using the same 2007 rulebook, and without any plans to put age/experience limits on your rosters as a competitive cap because your game system is extremely sensitive to talent differences, you will fail in the same way you failed this year.

Remember it's your dime.

I want to say Good Luck but I don't really believe in that. Luck has very little to do with one's success.

That's about all I can say and will say. Back to the CFL until college and the NFL begin play.
Last edited by ChampionOfSteel on Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

ml91
Site Admin

Post by ml91 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:47 am

[quote=""ChampionOfSteel""]But the CIFL for the second straight year had lopsided scores. That's why I think the game system bears part of the problem.[/quote]
Dude, exactly how many messages do you plan on posting on these boards that contain the above statement? 500? 1,000? 10,000?

cRUSHer
Site Admin

Post by cRUSHer » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:49 pm

Don't worry ... :-D

Next year the posts will read , "For the 3rd year in a row ..." **

** provided there is a 3rd year :roll:
What I actually said was "Go I F L" ! ! !

http://goifl.com

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:37 am

It's starting to get highly questionable, though I do think the CIFL will kick off next year.
What are you doing here?

RaiderNation
Site Admin

Post by RaiderNation » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:58 am

I think the league will survive unless teams bolt to other leagues, and I'm not sure if strong options exist for teams. PH will probably fold, but that will still leave the league enough viable teams to move forward.

Coach Gade
Site Admin

Post by Coach Gade » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:45 pm

The funny part is that amidst all of our financial woes here, we are still being courted by other leagues to join. We are having a meeting soon with the people who are willing to fund us next year. Will it happen? Who knows, there is lots of questions to be answered before we commit again. But it is a reflection of the core people who stayed here, with this team, and would like to see it happen, to have other leagues look at our situation and say " you guys had financial problems, and basically folded, none of which are player, or coaches fault. If you have the financial support we would love to have you in our league." I have had people from other leagues call me and say they heard that aside from ownership, we tried to run a class organization, and I feel that we did. Myself and everyone else around here love football, and we try to coach it like they did back in the day. No one is bigger than the game, respect the opponent, the officials, and the game. There were many other teams and coaches I met through the season, and I wish I had the opportunity to compete against them again, but not ever again in the CIFL. I know the CIFL feels the same way about us, and no disrespect to Jeff and Eric, class guys that handle volatile situations well, but the league has toooo many problems that they are unwilling to look at and fix. As long as they are making $$ they turn a blind eye. I dont wish misfortune on anyone, I just wish the other teams would get out and we could all join a league, and make the CIFL say, "We should have listened" not to me, but to everyone involved. Yeah you're never going to make everyone happy, but you need to try and make the majority happy. Good luck to all in the playoffs.
Last edited by Coach Gade on Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mis spelling

Crimefighter
Site Admin

Post by Crimefighter » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:03 am

For anyone trying to track down Gettys for his criminal conduct...he's been spotted in Marion, IN working for Extreme Wrestling Federation (http://www.ewfarena.com) as he is working indy shows in Indiana again.

Coach Gade
Site Admin

Post by Coach Gade » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:28 pm

This is a truley honest question. If anyone hears of any current team changing leagues will someone please e-mail me. I am banned from the CIFL web site (truth hurts them) and there are good people in this league. I would like to go where we can 1st afford, and 2nd play with and aganist good quality people, with character, and intregrity. rochester746@yaoo.com thanks

Bonzogonzo24
Site Admin

Post by Bonzogonzo24 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:54 am

[quote=""Crimefighter""]For anyone trying to track down Gettys for his criminal conduct...he's been spotted in Marion, IN working for Extreme Wrestling Federation (http://www.ewfarena.com) as he is working indy shows in Indiana again.[/quote]

That's funny. My folks live in Marion. Next time I go down there I might do some PI work. :cool:

Return to “CIFL”