Completing seasons

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
preeths
Site Admin

Completing seasons

Post by preeths » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:01 pm

In a press release from today, we've spotted a couple of errors. It was issued by the Huntington Heroes and can be found at //www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3488135

Here is the section in question:
Q. Let's move on to some league issues. From many fans perspective the league did some good things this year and some bad things. Let's first talk about the good things. Every team completed the season, no one folded and that was because the league stepped in to help some struggling teams. So it appears they're committed to making this league work. Give you thoughts on that.

A: Every team completing their schedule is a great accomplishment. We're the first indoor league to do that. Someone may say the WIFL did but they only have four teams and that's only 50 games. Not 150 like we have. ...

As a point of fact, both UIF and the IFL completed their seasons last year. You could argue that after UIF kicked out the Dayton ownership, prior to the league's inaugural game, they also completed year one. Also, the WIFL won't finish its regular season until this weekend, so the AIFA beat them to the feat, but they are not the first.

Having said all that, the AIFA has taken a step forward this season.

Tatonka
Site Admin

Post by Tatonka » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:37 am

The GLIFL played all of it's scheduled games last season, it's first season...

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:55 am

Both IFLs played their entire schedule in their first year.

If you only count games from the first day of the season (and not three days before, when the schedule was changed to remove Dayton), the UIF can be added to the mix.

The WIFL and GLIFL did, too.

And what's with these leagues trying to one-up one-another by saying "we did this better than them" all the time? Does not everyone have enough of their own crap to worry about that they don't need to be saying "We're better than them?"
What are you doing here?

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:26 am

He didn't mention any of those other leagues, because his team was never involved with them.

Remember, the Heros made the jump to the WIFL with the other teams last year, but had to retreat back to the AIFL because of logistics.

IMO, his statement was all about saving face with the AIFA.
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

thefridge81
Site Admin

Post by thefridge81 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:49 am

In comparison, the AIFA has risen above the AIFL. Even after the problems with Danville and Tallahassee. Things definitely need to be addressed this off season such as Refs, Rules Consistency, Stats and the scheduling of games. There's not excuse for Reading having to play 16 games when everyone else is playing 14.

The GLIFL did well last year, but are feeling the exact same "growing pains" as the AIFL did in year 2. The WIFL is only 4 teams, so it's easier to manage. When the WIFL gets about 12+ teams and remains solid, I'll never bash the league again.

gonzo13
Site Admin

Post by gonzo13 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:15 am

And when the AIFA gets 12+ solid teams, I'll never bash them again either. ;)
Just when I thought I was out....They pull me back in.

daytonadan
Site Admin

I know it shouldn't bother me, but...

Post by daytonadan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:19 am

We're the first indoor league to do that.

It's because you kicked off two weeks before everyone.

Someone may say the WIFL did but they only have four teams and that's only 50 games. Not 150 like we have. ...

WIFL had 28 games. AIFA 98. Someone didn't their math.

jimbo32712
Site Admin

oh yeah???

Post by jimbo32712 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:25 am

Hey the NIFL completed about 15% of their games... Top that! :p

DAG
Site Admin

Post by DAG » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:21 pm

You mean 15 games.

Return to “AIF”