Not good news

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
WorcShark
Site Admin

Post by WorcShark » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:44 pm

[quote=""cardsrule22""]I am not calling him a liar I am saying that if the league told him it was because the bus broke down then they lied to him.[/quote]

Yes, that was my point as well.

WorcShark
Site Admin

Post by WorcShark » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:48 pm

[quote=""ChampionOfSteel""]
Monitoring would not have done much. [/quote]

I probably should clarify my monitoring comment. It was only meant to protect whoever was going to play this or any team that is in trouble. Like multiple check-ins during the week. Basically asking "are you ready to play this week?" "Are you ready to travel?" Right up until Saturday AM, and keep the other team informed. Sort of like checking in with a probation officer.

Sounds like Marion handled it the best they could. But say they lost money because they had no one to play - can they sue the team, sue the league?

cardsrule22
Site Admin

Post by cardsrule22 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:28 pm

[quote=""ml91""]There is an article in today's Springfield State Journal-Register (linked on OSC's CIFL page) stating that the Stallions did not travel to Marion because several of the players had already made plans for Father's Day, and also because they did not have enough money to buy gas. WOW!!!!! I hope this league never goes away. My stomach hurts from laughing so much![/quote]

Actually it was guys who were not players before that they contacted about playing the last two games. Guys had other plans or committments already and could not play. He is not talking about current players or coaches on the roster. There were not enough of us available to fill out a full roster.

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:29 pm

[quote=""cardsrule22""]Actually it was guys who were not players before that they contacted about playing the last two games. Guys had other plans or committments already and could not play. He is not talking about current players or coaches on the roster. There were not enough of us available to fill out a full roster.[/quote]

Father's day is the tip of the iceburg (spelling) and only a superficial reason. The concern over playing for free without insurance, being out of shape with 48 hours notice to play, suiting up against the wishes of the original team that sees you as a scab (crossing the picket line), are THE real reasons why no one joined.

Why put up with that crap when you can spend the day taking in rays on a nice day with everyone honoring you on Father's day?
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Post by mrinsideto-u » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:40 pm

[quote=""cardsrule22""]It was not a money issue. The article in our paper in Springfield this morning even says that the one owner sent money to cover travel costs. The problem was they could not get enough guys to play. Some guys left this week to play in other leagues and they did not replace them. If you were told it was because the bus broke down then whoever told you that flat out lied to you.

I am pretty sure the league knew what was going on the entire time. Coach told me that he and the one owner were in constant contact with the league each week. The league knew where the team was all the time.[/quote] What guys left to play in other league's, replacement teams for the NIFL? What guys went to other teams? This team is only APFL quality. Oh thats where they went to, Iowa. Just looking for a list that is A2 material.

cardsrule22
Site Admin

Post by cardsrule22 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:18 pm

[quote=""mrinsideto-u""]What guys left to play in other league's, replacement teams for the NIFL? What guys went to other teams? This team is only APFL quality. Oh thats where they went to, Iowa. Just looking for a list that is A2 material.[/quote]

It was said on the local talk radio station today. They also mentioned that the owner that was left after everyone else left has local investors already in place for 2008. He said that they plan to join either the UIF or a new league that is being formed in the midwest. This team will do well without Getys in the mix from the start. I am surprised that Dlow Brown quit though. The last owner left was in Springfield today meeting with local ownership so that they can get something in place and organized soon. The radio station ripped the CIFL really good on the air. They said it was ran like a backyard league. I don't think the blame should be on the league because of what happened. Getys should take full blame for what happened here not the league. The owner that did not quit on the team is suppose to be on the morning show tomorrow morning to talk about everything.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:55 pm

The league will take blame for not doing a check on an owner that apparently had other plans, whether or not it's warranted.

Because SC/STB both are disasters, the credibility the league could have in saying "We wouldn't have known Gettys was so bad" is also eliminated, whether or not the league was at fault.

The players didn't want to pay the money to travel to Marion just for the right to get their butts whooped. Can't say I blame them for that; there's plenty of semi-professional options for players that want to keep playing and aren't good enough to play in a pro league.
What are you doing here?

Sykotyk
Site Admin

Post by Sykotyk » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:27 am

The AF2 also has the luxury of operating as a single-entity. When Roanoke went broke, they stopped sending money to the league, who kept redirecting it to the players, etc. The AF2 hefty fees were used to keep the team 'afloat' just long enough for them to make it through the season before axing them.

Same thing's going on in Fort Wayne right now. And who knows where else. The AF2 is pretty secretive about it. Just remember, in the AF2, the good teams get hurt by having their dues go to cover bad teams the AF2 has to bandage.

Sykotyk
Sykotyk's Super Trip - 10,473 miles, 48 states, 16 days

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:52 am

[quote=""Sykotyk""]The AF2 also has the luxury of operating as a single-entity. When Roanoke went broke, they stopped sending money to the league, who kept redirecting it to the players, etc. The AF2 hefty fees were used to keep the team 'afloat' just long enough for them to make it through the season before axing them.

Same thing's going on in Fort Wayne right now. And who knows where else. The AF2 is pretty secretive about it. Just remember, in the AF2, the good teams get hurt by having their dues go to cover bad teams the AF2 has to bandage.

Sykotyk[/quote]

That would be a GREAT procedure to have in place to make sure no one folds during the season. I haven't seen any AF2 teams fold during the season. I bet Marion would have appreciated an annual hefty fee in place so the Springfield situation didn't crap on them last weekend. I bet Marion would have appreciated not having as many teams in the league with barebones checkbooks on top of that as well.

Sykotyk, you do know what it takes to have all teams complete their season. Why do you continue to side with the bush league boyz, year after year? Would it not have been better to have a CIFL with just 6-8 well funded teams this past year with an annual hefty fee in place?
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

Return to “CIFL”