Not good news

The Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) forum
cardsrule22
Site Admin

Not good news

Post by cardsrule22 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:36 pm

Since Dlow Brown decided he did not want to own the Stallions anymore he quit paying the bills. The team had no way to cover travel to the Mayham game because the funds were cut off by him. He also did not pay the insurance bill to cover the rest of the season. The players furious and some of them have already signed with other teams in other leagues. Winsten Tayler signed with Bloomington the other day. The other owner Mark something disappeared also. The other owner Chris I guess never gave up but the money was coming from Dlo so it ended the team. I am surprised that it last this long. One of the players told me that the team will be coming back next year with local ownership but will not play in the CIFL. One of the coaches that is going to be an owner said the CIFL is a joke and does not want anything to do with it because it is not ran very well. He said they have already contacted the UIF.

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

heartbeat from going to game

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:34 pm

If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

cardsrule22
Site Admin

Post by cardsrule22 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:12 pm

Why would the league not inform Marion until an hour before the game?

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:30 pm

[quote=""cardsrule22""]Why would the league not inform Marion until an hour before the game?[/quote]

I'm guessin' the Springfield players/coaches/owners probably turned into f it mode when it became insurmountable to get to Marion.

Usually a team arrives at least 3-4 hours before kickoff The Marion administrators probably made a bunch of phone calls (cell phones) to the latest players/coaches/admin of Springfield when the bus/car caravan didn't arrive by 5PM. Eventually the Marion admin. got a hold of someone from Springfield and said they never left and everyone walked.

Question I have is Chicago has a home date against Springfield. Are the Chicago administrators going to push their game tickets against Springfield can be used for the playoffs?

I'm bettin' Marion and Chicago already spent their season ticket money for their games against Springfield so that rules out the refund option.

I almost went to the Marion game last night.

Gotta believe Steubenville will be like the '74 WFL New York Stars/Charlotte Hornets and will withdraw from the CIFL playoffs after next weekend of play is completed. So that leaves 12 teams out of 14 that are still in business battling for 10 playoff spots.
Last edited by ChampionOfSteel on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

WorcShark
Site Admin

Post by WorcShark » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:36 pm

[quote=""cardsrule22""]Why would the league not inform Marion until an hour before the game?[/quote]

Well either the league will say a press release is coming (and then not issue it), or explain how it isn't their fault, that it is the team's/owners fault.

I think the league has run out of black eyes.

tony-o
Site Admin

Post by tony-o » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:23 pm

[quote=""WorcShark""]Well either the league will say a press release is coming (and then not issue it), or explain how it isn't their fault, that it is the team's/owners fault.

I think the league has run out of black eyes.[/quote]

I doubt the league even knew about Springfield not leaving until Marion knew. The league's only mistake was actually allowing the Stallions in. They aren't the people to blame in this instance.

cardsrule22
Site Admin

Post by cardsrule22 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:01 pm

Coach said he told the league on Friday that they probabaly would not be traveling and informed the league at noon Saturday that they definately were not going to make the trip. I do not think you can blame the league. The Stallions were doomed after the first owner took off with the cash and disappeared. He took off from town so fast that his car is still in Springfield! The next guy who took over was Dlow Brown and sometime in May he quit and that left it to the last guy. Coach said he was working three jobs back in Ohio to get funds to get the team to the end of the season. The players decided as a group that they were done and did not want to travel. It all comes back on Justin Getys for doing what he did earlier in the season. The team should have just folded after week two when it happened instead of trying to put new bandaids on every week. I met Getys and didnt like him. I met Dlow and he was a really nice guy. I met Chris and he was a really nice guy to but his hands were tied. I have already heard that a group of ownes including the last Stallions owner around will have a team in Springfield next season but are going to play in a league like the UIF or APFL or some new league that is being formed out this way. I will support them even if my buddies are not playing on the team next season.

Sykotyk
Site Admin

Post by Sykotyk » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:33 pm

Actually, Steubenville lost last night and according to the league officials that were there, the team is disqualified from the playoffs.

On a side note, CoS, for a league you hate so much, why were you even contemplating attending?

I know in 2004 when a lot of NIFL crap came about, I swore to never go to another NIFL game again, and didn't.

Where's that conviction from you? Or are you all talk?

Sykotyk
Sykotyk's Super Trip - 10,473 miles, 48 states, 16 days

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:00 pm

[quote=""Sykotyk""]Actually, Steubenville lost last night and according to the league officials that were there, the team is disqualified from the playoffs.[/quote]

Ok, thanks for that tidbit. That wasn't public information on the disqualification thing that I missed, right?

[quote=""Sykotyk""]On a side note, CoS, for a league you hate so much, why were you even contemplating attending?[/quote]

I don't hate the league, I hate the folks in charge and the bonehead decisions made by those folks back in February that doomed them to this point.

I was sort of intrigued and desired to go and see firsthand a different Springfield Stallion team wearing perhaps different uniforms against Marion. The Mayhem put on a good show when it comes to entertainment between plays. The weather was nice for a drive to the barn that night too. Would have been a good place to people watch, like an arts fair.

[quote=""Sykotyk""]I know in 2004 when a lot of NIFL crap came about, I swore to never go to another NIFL game again, and didn't.[/quote]

I'm intrigued by the NIFL game system when I attend the Marshals first home of the season this year. It was an opportunity to witness firsthand how something good (the game system) and go to hell in a handbasket (unfinanced teams).

[quote=""Sykotyk""]Where's that conviction from you? [/quote]

It's still there. I assure you it never left.

[quote=""Sykotyk""]Or are you all talk?[/quote]

Definitely NOT all talk. No funds to start my own league and no plans ever to start my own league if that's what you meant.

Those games (Marion/Cincy) were an education on how to be successful: Watch what they do, and then don't do it.

I have no anticipation or emotional commitment to the NIFL or CIFL that everyone that began their season would complete it.
Last edited by ChampionOfSteel on Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speak up!

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:05 pm

[quote=""Sykotyk""]Where's that conviction from you? Or are you all talk?[/quote]

He's still busy leading his boycott of indoor football message boards.

Return to “CIFL”