final four

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
thorcrazies
Site Admin

Post by thorcrazies » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:05 am

For gods sake, he just gave his opinion. Leave him be.

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:27 am

Wait until you've read mor than three of his opinions, then say that again...

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:36 am

I'm willing to hear him out. Tell us how you pay for the increased travel costs related to reseeding the teams for the playoffs, regardless of conference alignment.

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:57 am

[quote=""preeths""]I'm willing to hear him out. Tell us how you pay for the increased travel costs related to reseeding the teams for the playoffs, regardless of conference alignment.[/quote]

Fewer (or none) out of conference games in the regular season. Use your fewer out of conferences savings for the criss crossed playoffs.

{the rest was removed by CoS, before preeths sees it}

Smile!
Last edited by ChampionOfSteel on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:59 am

[quote=""Jamie""]Wait until you've read mor than three of his opinions, then say that again...[/quote]

You lack vision and the balls to experiment with new ideas. That is the source of your frustration, not the messenger.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:03 pm

[quote=""thorcrazies""]For gods sake, he just gave his opinion. Leave him be.[/quote]

Ever notice the people criticizing me are in indoor football management or significant volunteers?
exit322 -- former CIFL guy
Jamie -- volunteer of CIFL team
preeths -- runs this site personal incentive to keep things cool with indoor owners so they cooperate with their press releases with this site, etc.?
phyedeux (spelling) -- owner of Katy team
Kevin K -- PR guy for CIFL

The list goes on. Few nonaffiliated fans post here.

Do the math.

Possibilities exist the unaffiliated fans are in the majority that sit back and do not post but agree with me.
Last edited by ChampionOfSteel on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speak up!

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

hum a tune

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:17 pm

In a situation like this (conflict with the status quo) all I can do is sing to the tune from my Jimmy Buffett CD, Brown Eyed Girl...and do the job myself. I really get rollin' when I follow that tune up with Margaritaville!
Last edited by ChampionOfSteel on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speak up!

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:44 pm

[quote=""ChampionOfSteel""]Ever notice the people criticizing me are in indoor football management or significant volunteers?
exit322 -- former CIFL guy
Jamie -- volunteer of CIFL team
preeths -- runs this site personal incentive to keep things cool with indoor owners so they cooperate with their press releases with this site, etc.?
phyedeux (spelling) -- owner of Katy team
Kevin K -- PR guy for CIFL

The list goes on. Few nonaffiliated fans post here.

Do the math.

Possibilities exist the unaffiliated fans are in the majority that sit back and do not post but agree with me.[/quote]

Only if they have a loose grip on reality. You make little sense. It's not financially wise to go the rout you want, at a level where cost is a serious consideration.

The highest levels that would have the funding to format the way you propose choose not to do that. Why do you think that may be?

Perhaps it's just a poor idea. The format was set before the season. The set format makes financial sense. The set format has interesting matchups that will lead to the championship game.

It appears that this league has it right.

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:50 pm

[quote=""fwp""]Only if they have a loose grip on reality. You make little sense. It's not financially wise to go the rout you want, at a level where cost is a serious consideration.

The highest levels that would have the funding to format the way you propose choose not to do that. Why do you think that may be?

Perhaps it's just a poor idea. The format was set before the season. The set format makes financial sense. The set format has interesting matchups that will lead to the championship game.

It appears that this league has it right.[/quote]

I just explained how it can be done and you still say it is a poor idea?

You'd make a great corporate executive (but not in Japan)!

"Wasted away again in Margaritaville!"

To keep things fair, is fwp a true free-thinking non-affiliated fan or connected to a team in some manner? I honestly don't know. Be honest here.

Speak up!

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:00 pm

Fred's not affilliated. And unlike you, he has a grip on reality.

The XFL used your idea, and it got them so far that they never kicked off a second season.

Your format forces out-of-conference matchups that make absolutely no sense. This way, we have two great southern AIFA teams facing off with one-another, and a great northern matchup that's quickly turning into one of the bigger rivalries in the game.

But no, you'd rather see Canton travel to Lakeland under some computer seeding format that doesn't have the ability to take into account true in-division strength (one or two games out of 13-16 doesn't give you a good gauge on that strength).

Using computers for ranking works best when there is such a large number of teams that having all of the in-conference matchups (with two conferences) really isn't feasible (like high school sports). When all the north teams and all the south teams have easily the ability to play one-another, there's no need to use any sort of computer seeding to decide the playoff matchups.

And I would also like to see how you're going to compensate Canton and Mississippi for the increased travel expenses. While you're at it, I assume you're going to buy the extra 30-50 tickets that those Canton and Mississippi fans aren't going to use because there's no chance they can make the road trip.
What are you doing here?

Return to “AIF”