final four

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:42 pm

Reality:
#2 Mississippi at #1 Lakeland
#5 Canton at #4 Reading

Ideally:
#2 Mississippi at #4 Reading
#5 Canton at #1 Lakeland
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:52 pm

Nope. There are two conferences. So you play for a conference champion. And then the conference champs play for the league title. Plain and simple. That's how it works in the NFL, MLB, etc.

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:57 pm

[quote=""phydeaux72""]Nope. There are two conferences. So you play for a conference champion. And then the conference champs play for the league title. Plain and simple. That's how it works in the NFL, MLB, etc.[/quote]

I see you have given way to the "that's the way we've always done" mindset.

That's not how things are done in the World Championship Ice Hockey tournament or the Winter Olympic Games of hockey when there's two pools (conferences) of teams.

How many times do I have to see Mississippi play Lakeland or Canton vs. Reading during the course of a season? It would be different if there were 2 or more divisions in the conferences but that isn't the case in the AIFA.

Not happy with the scenario at all "as is".
Last edited by ChampionOfSteel on Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

THOR!CRAZIES
Site Admin

Post by THOR!CRAZIES » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:03 pm

i personally would like to see the "re-seeding" format. You would get different match-ups that you ordinarily would NOT see unless the 2 teams made it to the championship (canton DID play Lakeland this season though)----but you wuld see 2 match-ups like this instead potentially just one in the championship game..........that being said---i do think these match-ups(mississippi @ lakeland and Canton @ reading) are FAIR
THOR! CRAZIES---#1 FANS IN THE AIFA

daytonadan
Site Admin

Didn't we have the discussion last week?

Post by daytonadan » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:12 pm

CoS, you paying the transportation costs?

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:18 pm

[quote=""ChampionOfSteel""]Not happy with the scenario at all "as is".[/quote]

What difference does it make CoS? You're rarely happy with anything anyway. I'm sure if any of these leagues gave two licks what your thoughts were, they would be calling and asking you for your advice.

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:23 pm

[quote=""THOR!CRAZIES""]i personally would like to see the "re-seeding" format. You would get different match-ups that you ordinarily would NOT see unless the 2 teams made it to the championship (canton DID play Lakeland this season though)----but you wuld see 2 match-ups like this instead potentially just one in the championship game..........that being said---i do think these match-ups(mississippi @ lakeland and Canton @ reading) are FAIR[/quote]

You appear to be an unbiased fan with no employment connections with any league owners.

This is what I meant earlier by the silent majority non-owners that may agree with me on many issues, preeths.
Last edited by ChampionOfSteel on Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speak up!

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:28 pm

[quote=""phydeaux72""]What difference does it make CoS? You're rarely happy with anything anyway. I'm sure if any of these leagues gave two licks what your thoughts were, they would be calling and asking you for your advice.[/quote]

You don't have to be smart about it.

The current way is traditional and still cool. I'd like to see another league push the envelope instead of waiting for someone else to do it.

Speak up!

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:35 pm

[quote=""ChampionOfSteel""]The current way is traditional and still cool. I'd like to see another league push the envelope instead of waiting for someone else to do it.[/quote]

Sooooo .... why don't YOU do it?

'Nuff said.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:24 am

[quote=""ChampionOfSteel""]You appear to be an unbiased fan with no employment connections with any league owners.

This is what I meant earlier by the silent majority non-owners that may agree with me on many issues, preeths.[/quote]

Your delusions continue unabated. I could just as easily say, actually with twice as much evidence (phydeaux and Dan's posts above), that a majority agree with me that you don't actually think through your so-called solutions. You never answered Dan's question. Are you going to pay for the increased travel costs?

Minor leagues don't seed this way because that's the way it's always done. They do so to make playoff travel more economical. Your think-outside-the-box approach is missing one crucial element: the thinking.
Last edited by preeths on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “AIF”