Is there some reason why....

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Is there some reason why....

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Tue May 22, 2007 12:01 pm

Is there some reason why the fundamental stats (scores and standings data) came to a crashing halt in the AIFA on May 6th?

Is there some reason why Reading turns around two nights later and plays Baltimore last night?

Is there some reason why Reading is scheduled to play a 16 game season (closes out against Danville) when everyone is fundamentally suppose to play a 14 game season with the exception of Baltimore and Gulf Coast?

Is there some reason why an exhibition game played on March 17th between Huntington and Carolina gets scored in error as a regular season game in the standings except on the team websites for Carolina and Huntington?

I would think with the playoffs around the corner the AIFA stats would be updated minutely rather than daily. Instead the stats haven't been updated since May 6th!

http://www.thestatguys.com/AIFA/CONFSKED.HTM#conf.std

I would like to submit my resume to takeover this job. I'll use my own custom software to do this task.
Last edited by ChampionOfSteel on Tue May 22, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue May 22, 2007 3:14 pm

As for the stats, don't blame the people compiling them. From my experience, the problem is usually that teams fail to submit them.

dhstatman
Site Admin

Post by dhstatman » Wed May 23, 2007 8:29 am

Indeed. We are expecting a back log of games to be available in the next few days.

daytonadan
Site Admin

Uh, CoS?

Post by daytonadan » Wed May 23, 2007 1:39 pm

Don't ever, EVER insinuate that David Harwood isn't on the job. Do it again and I'll force you to hear my rendition of "And I am telling you." ...

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Wed May 23, 2007 5:58 pm

[quote=""daytonadan""]Don't ever, EVER insinuate that David Harwood isn't on the job. Do it again and I'll force you to hear my rendition of "And I am telling you." ...[/quote]

Sorry dude! David Harwood is the Orville/Wilbur Wright (his logo) stats guy?

So who dropped the ball on this one? The AIFA commissioner for not cracking the whip?

Just like I complained to Jerry Hewitt during the 2005 NIFL season, just get the damn scores and standings data up. The individual rushing stats, etc. can wait. (This comment is directed to AIFA management, not the StatsGuys.)

I attached two text files to this post for those of you interested in the final scores and standings data as of May 21st.

Don't forget to remove the stats from the March 17th game between Carolina and Huntington. This applies to both the StatsGuy and OSC. You both have an exhibition game counted as a regular season game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ChampionOfSteel on Wed May 23, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Thu May 24, 2007 1:26 pm

[quote=""dhstatman""]Indeed. We are expecting a back log of games to be available in the next few days.[/quote]

Is your software customizable? Are you guys computer programmers? Can you enter raw final scores in a data entry screen (or refine the computer code so you can?) and have your team results and standings data updated, and have the links to the actual game stats un-highlighted until that data arrives?

Speak up!

daytonadan
Site Admin

Remember this CoS...

Post by daytonadan » Thu May 24, 2007 5:48 pm

The most important pieces of equipment are the carbon-based bipedal data manipulators and their networking interaction is more crucial than any piece of hardware or software...

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Thu May 24, 2007 7:13 pm

[quote=""daytonadan""]The most important pieces of equipment are the carbon-based bipedal data manipulators and their networking interaction is more crucial than any piece of hardware or software...[/quote]

I was hoping you would say to the AIFA/StatsGuys and myself... get your stats up-to-date, grow up and shut up, like you said to KK awhile back. LOL

I can't understand why anyone would let their customer fail (the AIFA). They fail (the AIFA). You fail (the StatGuys). So what if the deal was only to update with box score data. Go the extra mile (if possible) and update the standings and score listings.

Make a commitment to excellence and rewrite the sections of your software to do the job right.
Last edited by ChampionOfSteel on Thu May 24, 2007 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speak up!

daytonadan
Site Admin

One More Time, CoS

Post by daytonadan » Mon May 28, 2007 5:16 am

Thanx for the compliment. I've already made my point.

I don't need to tell David Harwood a darn thing. He's the best in the biz.

I don't need to update our software. The automated scorebook is the standard in college and minor league sports.

Some teams and league need to do a better job of a) having qualified people work the games and b) getting the data to the stat bureau.

And that's the end of the discussion. Fini. Concludo. Na-na-na, hey-hey-hey, goodbye. Comprede.'

To continue this discussuion would be merely be an ignorant attempt that would do notjing but annoy those in the know.

And you deserve this...

And I am telling you
I'm not going.
You're the best man I'll ever know.
There's no way I can ever go,
No, no, no, no way,
No, no, no, no way I'm livin' without you.
I'm not livin' without you.
I don't want to be free.
I'm stayin',
I'm stayin',
And you, and you, you're gonna love me.
Ooh, you're gonna love me.

And I am telling you
I'm not going,
Even though the rough times are showing.
There's just no way,
There's no way.
We're part of the same place.
We're part of the same time.
We both share the same blood.
We both have the same mind.
And time and time we have so much to share,

No, no, no,
No, no, no,
I'm not wakin' up tomorrow mornin'
And findin' that there's nobody there.
Darling, there's no way,
You see, there's just no way,
There's no way.

Tear down the mountains,
Yell, scream and shout.
You can say what you want,
I'm not walkin' out.
Stop all the rivers,
Push, strike, and kill.
I'm not gonna leave you,
There's no way I will.

And I am telling you
I'm not going.
You're the best man I'll ever know.
There's no way I can ever, ever go,
No, no, no, no way,
Oh, I'm not livin' without you,
I don't wanna be free.
I'm stayin',
I'm stayin',
And you, and you,
You're gonna love me.
Oh, hey, you're gonna love me,
Yes, ah, ooh, ooh, love me,
Ooh, ooh, ooh, love me,
Love me,
Love me,
Love me,
Love me.
You're gonna love me.
Last edited by daytonadan on Mon May 28, 2007 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I wanted to.

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Mon May 28, 2007 8:21 am

Did you obtain copyright permission before you posted those lyrics? I noticed that you didn't credit the original author.

:D

Return to “AIF”