Titans might not finish season

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
TitanFan
Site Admin

Post by TitanFan » Tue May 15, 2007 8:28 pm

I get my information from the best sources ... seeing how I work in the front office.

Guess that means I actually do know what I'm talking about

ChampionOfSteel
Site Admin

Post by ChampionOfSteel » Tue May 15, 2007 8:51 pm

[quote=""TitanFan""]I get my information from the best sources ... seeing how I work in the front office.

Guess that means I actually do know what I'm talking about[/quote]

Ouch.

Being politically astute with the general public pays long-term dividends.

The 2007 CIFL organizers are paying dearly for not having a policy that forbids its employees from responding to the general public. Leave that to a select few in the league that have thick skin and are well versed and experienced in conflict management. Keep your words to the general public, nice and sweet just like a Toll House cookie, just in case you have to eat them.

What do they teach in our nation's colleges and universities nowadays?
Last edited by ChampionOfSteel on Tue May 15, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't let the people with the money know you prefer the NIFL game system, you won't see any stable leagues copying the NIFL game system for your enjoyment!

Speak up!

Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PbIlQYR1Qs LAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

TitanDrew
Site Admin

Post by TitanDrew » Wed May 16, 2007 3:05 am

The Titans are finishing the season. I know that, fires permitting, I will be traveling up to Tallahassee for this Friday's game against the Carolina Speed. There is no financial question for the Titans, the Titans will play this game. The Titans financial woes may not have vanished, but they WILL finish the season, as promised by the Titans' management. Hopefully, I will be able to make both games, but with the current fire/smoke situation on what would be my 7-hour commute (Ft. Lauderdale to Tallahassee), this is in jeopardy.

To clarify about the refund that the Titans got from the Leon County Civic Center (their home arena), the deal was that the Titans would receive back a portion of their deposit in order to finish the 2007 season, and the money is due back towards the end of 2007 (I forget the exact month, I want to say October). This money (the deposit) was a down payment made by the Titans and pays for a majority of the 2009 season's stadium fees (all money the Titans put down before the 2007 season is payment for their final year of their contract with the Civic Center). What happened with the Titans financially was a result of coming up short on the numbers that we had hoped to reach in sponsorships preseason. The process of acquiring sponsorships had been started too close to the season's beginning, and so the amount of sponsors acquired was short of the team's goal. The good news is that many local businesses have stepped up and agreed to sponsor the 2008 season.

The Titans really appreciate the support of the fans, especially those in Tallahassee, and all of our sponsors. We hope that everyone has been enjoying the first year of Titan football this season, and we hope that you will continue to enjoy it in future years.

CapnRusty
Site Admin

Packed House in Titan Town!

Post by CapnRusty » Sun May 20, 2007 6:35 pm

I took my computer with me when we went to Alabama to play the Bears and a number of players as well as staff watched your game Friday night. We were wondering how you will be able to pay the bills this week seeing as how your usually packed house had about 3,000 fans at the game if that. This is of coarse only an estimate on our part but the coverage of the game showed about that many fans in attendance and this is for a supposedly championship bound team! It looks like we will have a pretty good chance of hosting both playoff games here in Lakeland since Mississippi lost and the AIFA wants to play the games in a "solvent" and viable media coverage area. At least we are paying our bills and our staff and our players and are having no problems with where we are playing at financially. Hope to see you all in Lakeland on the 12th and 18th of June for the playoffs! Then you can watch on your computers when we play in Florence on the 23rd when we win the Championship!

mudcatsfan01
Site Admin

Post by mudcatsfan01 » Mon May 21, 2007 10:54 pm

Capnrusty,

How can you talk garbage about the Titans organization? Even if they did only draw 3,000 fans that is far more then the t-bolts have drawn all season. The ledger posted 2,600 last game, but I highly doubt that. 900 maybe. The ledger posts attendance each game, and 99.99% of the time they escallate the numbers. With that in mind, I think i saw a game that they posted 600 fans. I go to each game and cannot estimate the exact numbers, but I would say the ledger has been pretty spot on. Except for the titans game.
The thunderbolts might be doing better then the titans financially, but what happens when the management realizes that indoor football could make a better profit in another town? The NIFL was marketed for "smaller" markets, with that league out of the picture what will stop teams i.e. thunderbolts, from going to larger markets without two AFL teams within 60 miles of them? Just a thought after watching attendance drop drastically this year. CapnRusty, I am going to go out on a limb here and say you might not want to talk trash about an organization that are atleast trying to do things right, and letting their fans know all of their business up front.

Thuderbolt
Site Admin

Post by Thuderbolt » Tue May 22, 2007 2:13 am

there were 2,600 at the last t-bolts game. It was the first game they actually counted the gate numbers. The ledger has been grosly underestimating the attendance. I HATE THE LEDGER

CapnRusty
Site Admin

Post by CapnRusty » Tue May 22, 2007 12:58 pm

[quote=""mudcatsfan01""]Capnrusty,

How can you talk garbage about the Titans organization? Even if they did only draw 3,000 fans that is far more then the t-bolts have drawn all season. The ledger posted 2,600 last game, but I highly doubt that. 900 maybe. The ledger posts attendance each game, and 99.99% of the time they escallate the numbers. With that in mind, I think i saw a game that they posted 600 fans. I go to each game and cannot estimate the exact numbers, but I would say the ledger has been pretty spot on. Except for the titans game.
The thunderbolts might be doing better then the titans financially, but what happens when the management realizes that indoor football could make a better profit in another town? The NIFL was marketed for "smaller" markets, with that league out of the picture what will stop teams i.e. thunderbolts, from going to larger markets without two AFL teams within 60 miles of them? Just a thought after watching attendance drop drastically this year. CapnRusty, I am going to go out on a limb here and say you might not want to talk trash about an organization that are atleast trying to do things right, and letting their fans know all of their business up front.[/quote]

You have no idea what to heck what you are talking about. The Ledger is a rag of a paper that has had it in for the Bolts since their inception and the Sports Editor had a thing for the Head coach and because he is married and would not respomd to her she turned dog on us! Thank god she;s gone now! We will be getting better press and a truer acounting of what is happening with the team and what is coming through the doors from thee Tribune who's Roy Cummings will give us a fair shake. I spoke with him last week and he will be coming to our remaining games. He got married this weekend and should be back from his honeymoon in time for the Bama game and then the playoffs. His little brother Lee was my student trainer at USF and at the Buc's and Roy is a good friend. The Ledger hasn't got an attendence right since the start! I think that they are product's of that teachers college up in Tallahassee! lol I am dropping my subscription to the Ledger and picking up one with the Tribune instead. Their sports coverage is so much better and much more accurate!

Return to “AIF”