2007-08 NBDL Season

The NBA Development League (D-League) forum
Pounder
Site Admin

Post by Pounder » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:35 pm

[quote=""rams80""]College coaches, for the most part, are not hacks.[/quote]

Quote from the media world: "It's not the Xs and Os, it's the Jimmies and Joes." Recruiting determines your fate. NBA coaches complain that they have to teach skills. AAU probably teaches more skills.

[quote=""rams80""]Season length. (Solution, NBA shortens season, which would also end the glorified exhibition that is the NBA before January)..[/quote]

...and your proposal to replace that lost income is...

[quote=""rams80""]teamwork (or lack thereof on the NBA level). Solution? Change the culture of the NBA.[/quote]

Have you watched any ESPN Classic? Even in the 80s, where team play was lauded, even in a Lakers-Celtics playoff game, watch the number of mid-range jumpers that go up within 6 seconds of the rebound. Watch the defensive effort. Teams have gone to isolation because teams since then actually started playing DEFENSE. Some of that is because NBA takes what college gives them- which NOW is a lot of 6'5" to 6'9" players who can barely handle the ball but are quick as all get out. If you want to see Princeton basketball in the NBA, skills have to be taught so these athletes could actually be capable of making the necessary passes.

sportsguy12
Site Admin

Who wouldn't be back?

Post by sportsguy12 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:32 pm

[quote=""Pounder""]Don't count those chickens yet... there's still eggs in the basket.

No evidence, just a hunch... and plenty of observed history. I'm thinking there will be a handful of teams going away.

BTW... gotta laugh at people placing Idaho and Utah in separate divisions. Alignments do not have to require putting square pegs in round holes for the sake of having consistent numbers.[/quote]

Most of the teams seem viable - Fort Worth and Arkansas, maybe?

AConcernedCitizen
Site Admin

Post by AConcernedCitizen » Wed May 02, 2007 4:07 pm

If a team averaged less than 3,000 in the D-League, then I think it was probably in trouble.

The D-League needs to be about 5,000 per night; if not now, then within 5 years.

Did anyone get 5,000 this year?

HKF
Site Admin

Post by HKF » Wed May 02, 2007 8:44 pm

It looks like Arkansas will be the team that moves. The franchise will not fold but should be moving their operations to La Crosse, Wisconsin. There are only going to be 16 teams in the D-League for '07-08, guaranteeing that there are two NBA teams per D-League team (not including the Lakers team). I think if the league as it stands right now doesn't work in Little Rock because an 18,000 seat arena for a league that is growing isn't going to work right now. It's a mere formality, but by June the RimRockers should be playing in La Crosse.

Here is the link:

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles ... 00lead.txt

DakotaWizardsFan
Site Admin

Post by DakotaWizardsFan » Wed May 02, 2007 9:53 pm

[quote=""AConcernedCitizen""]If a team averaged less than 3,000 in the D-League, then I think it was probably in trouble.

The D-League needs to be about 5,000 per night; if not now, then within 5 years.

Did anyone get 5,000 this year?[/quote]

If you have to average at least 3,000. then the whole league is basically in trouble. Sioux Falls and Dakota (I think, but I'm not sure though. I know we've had more than 3,000 people numerous times) and maybe one other team average over 3,000.

I don't think anyone averaged 5,000 a game, but I know that the championship game had 5,224 people attending.
'00-'01 IBA Champions
'01-'02 CBA Champions
'03-'04 CBA Champions
'06-'07 D-League Champions

We're coming for you Iowa!

Return to “D-League”