The truth about, CG,CS, and the NIFL

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
Stephanie Fisher
Site Admin

Post by Stephanie Fisher » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:13 pm

I have been waiting for my name to appear and knew it would at some point. I have yet to respond to anything on this message board in regards to the NIFL. But, I feel obligated to share the knowledge and facts that I have in order to protect the innocent people that are caught up in the Cleveland and Carolyn scandal.

How I became a part of the NIFL to the point of being the Director of Operations for the expansion teams is a long story that I wouldn’t bore you with. To cut to the chase on Friday, March 9th I received a call in the middle of the afternoon from CG & CS. CG just got off his three-time a week conference call with the coaches. He was very distraught and upset. He said that he could no longer handle running the operations of his teams and asked if I would help out. At that point he and CS appointed me as Director of Operations for the expansion teams. I knew that I had to be careful so that I didn’t get thrown under the bus. I soon realized that there were some people that you could trust and others that you couldn’t. It was crystal clear who were CG & CS fans and drank the kool-aid that they were serving!

Part 1 = Schedule & Equipment Issues

I knew that it was going to be an uphill battle to get 17 teams up and running in less than three weeks. So before long I was instructed by CG & CS to redo the schedule and push all the expansion teams games back two to three weeks. That is why the schedule changed at least three times before a single game was even played, and also the reason why teams are playing back-go-back games in some weeks.

The first teams to receive equipment were the Aviators and Lynx. The reason being both teams had to travel to play established teams the weekend of March 30th. That equipment came from Football America. The Aviators was paid for by a wire transfer from CS and the Lynx paid for by a third party (who I will not disclose). A check was mailed to Football America for Atlanta’s equipment that needed shipped to them immediately, because they were scheduled to play Beaumont on April 7th. That check was returned due to lack of funds (INSF)! I was then instructed by CG that the NIFL would no longer due business with Football America. CG had a falling out with their President over financial terms.

Later today will be Part 2 – the facts surrounding the Atlanta vs. Beaumont game.

True Champion
Site Admin

Magic

Post by True Champion » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:32 pm

Magic,
First off let me start off by saying that if you are going to talk about someone, do it to my face. I am my own man trying to take advantage of an opprotunity to coach at the "PROFESSIONAL LEVEL," whatever that means now. But I seriously am not going to accept being disrespected by no man! I have not said anything negative about anyone. I am getting screwedover just like everyone else so the personal attacks on me has got to stop. I was hired to do a job and I am doing my job. I have players that I am very concerned about that I am trying to help and I have people like you hating on me and you don't even know me! You can always come to California and get to know me if you wish! Or I can come to you, whichever is convienent for you. But let it be know, I will respect you as a man, if you can't do the same, then we will continue to have major problems.

Anthony Bartley
Los Angeles Lynx
General Manager/Head Coach

coachld
Site Admin

Post by coachld » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:47 pm

[quote=""Stephanie Fisher""]I have been waiting for my name to appear and knew it would at some point. I have yet to respond to anything on this message board in regards to the NIFL. But, I feel obligated to share the knowledge and facts that I have in order to protect the innocent people that are caught up in the Cleveland and Carolyn scandal.

How I became a part of the NIFL to the point of being the Director of Operations for the expansion teams is a long story that I wouldn’t bore you with. To cut to the chase on Friday, March 9th I received a call in the middle of the afternoon from CG & CS. CG just got off his three-time a week conference call with the coaches. He was very distraught and upset. He said that he could no longer handle running the operations of his teams and asked if I would help out. At that point he and CS appointed me as Director of Operations for the expansion teams. I knew that I had to be careful so that I didn’t get thrown under the bus. I soon realized that there were some people that you could trust and others that you couldn’t. It was crystal clear who were CG & CS fans and drank the kool-aid that they were serving!

Part 1 = Schedule & Equipment Issues

I knew that it was going to be an uphill battle to get 17 teams up and running in less than three weeks. So before long I was instructed by CG & CS to redo the schedule and push all the expansion teams games back two to three weeks. That is why the schedule changed at least three times before a single game was even played, and also the reason why teams are playing back-go-back games in some weeks.

The first teams to receive equipment were the Aviators and Lynx. The reason being both teams had to travel to play established teams the weekend of March 30th. That equipment came from Football America. The Aviators was paid for by a wire transfer from CS and the Lynx paid for by a third party (who I will not disclose). A check was mailed to Football America for Atlanta’s equipment that needed shipped to them immediately, because they were scheduled to play Beaumont on April 7th. That check was returned due to lack of funds (INSF)! I was then instructed by CG that the NIFL would no longer due business with Football America. CG had a falling out with their President over financial terms.

Later today will be Part 2 – the facts surrounding the Atlanta vs. Beaumont game.[/quote]

I play in the same semi-pro league that Stephanie used to be a part of. I have heard good and bad about her and must admit that I was upset when I heard that she was involved with the NIFL. However, I applaud her for being honest and giving us the lowdown on what has been happening behind the scenes. The players and coaches who have been lied to for the past three months need to know what is going on. Thanks for your honesty!

Magic
Site Admin

To Mr. Bartley

Post by Magic » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:50 pm

To be honest with you, I wouldn't have a problem saying what Im saying here to each and everyone of you guys. I don't back down from no man, please believe that my friend. I don't have anything personal against you, only thing I have against you is that you back CG, knowing this guy is as fake as his bounced checks. That's what I have a problem with. I truely understand you wanting a coaching job, but hell Anthony, when are you guys gonna STOP faking the funk and tell CG enough is enough. At this point, think about your organization, you have earned that franchise. It's your name that you community will hold accountable not CG. He's going to STOP answering his phone as soon as this SCAM is over. CG plays your friend, but when you had that altercation your first game, he called you all kind of SOB and asked if you should be fired. If you need proof, I'll be glad to provide it for you. As far as talking to your face, those of you who know me, know I have no problem saying the same thing to your face. I'm no CG......CG is a straight COWARD!!! CG you better tuck your tail and run like always, because we're coming for you!!! WE don't give a Fk who your uncle is CG, your @ss is mine, THAT I PROMISE. Anybody who wants to step in the way, be my guess.......By the way CG, does your uncle know how big of a liar you are....?
Last edited by Magic on Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Cg

Post by mrinsideto-u » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:44 pm

[quote=""Tomcats""]Not only was the schedule changed at the last minute, there was no funds given for the trip. You go to bed thinking your playing one team, then at 1:00am in the morning your on a conference call trying to figure out if you can get enough people to go to Ohio instead of South Carolina. Then after an hour on the phone the owner of the league tells you and your teammates she will pay for the bus change and she does not. You show up to leave for Ohio only to find out the game is cancelled. What a joke? We got no sleep and got screwed out of a game. When the whole time we were suppose to go to South Carolina. South Carolina lost to Ohio by 12 points and CG wanted to send Jacksonville to South Carolina instead of Ohio for a closer game. I do not know why Jacksonville was going to get blowed out either way. So, because of this CG you cost Ohio and Atlanta a game. What did Jacksonville pay you to send them to South Carolina instead of Ohio?[/quote] I agree the league IS a sham, but truth be told Jax doesn't have money either. Not even a web site, and the coach is still contacting players from other team's trying to get them to come play for him. Who would want to when he has no exp- coaching the indoor game or no money for the team. What a shame CS and CG are doing to these cities.

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

cg

Post by mrinsideto-u » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:00 pm

[quote=""Tomcats""]Not only was the schedule changed at the last minute, there was no funds given for the trip. You go to bed thinking your playing one team, then at 1:00am in the morning your on a conference call trying to figure out if you can get enough people to go to Ohio instead of South Carolina. Then after an hour on the phone the owner of the league tells you and your teammates she will pay for the bus change and she does not. You show up to leave for Ohio only to find out the game is cancelled. What a joke? We got no sleep and got screwed out of a game. When the whole time we were suppose to go to South Carolina. South Carolina lost to Ohio by 12 points and CG wanted to send Jacksonville to South Carolina instead of Ohio for a closer game. I do not know why Jacksonville was going to get blowed out either way. So, because of this CG you cost Ohio and Atlanta a game. What did Jacksonville pay you to send them to South Carolina instead of Ohio?[/quote]

[quote=""coachgreer""]The Tri Valley Players and my one coach is the most important thing to me in the unfortunate soap oprea. I have 35 dedicated young football players that I am tring to give a oppertunity to get film, play in front of their families and try to move up to the next level.

My coach and myself are not doing this for Carol Shiver or Cleveland Gary, we are tring to bring the indoor game to Northen CA. and the smaller market areas. I am be no means a YES MAN to anyone. I WANT to believe in a system that works, and give my players ,coach and myself a great organization to own in the Bay Area.

All of these personal attacks on this board is uncalled for. If you want to attack NIFL, Cleveland and Carol that is one thing, But Coach I am in the same boat that you are in. I had no tickets at my last game, My field was terrible also, I handed out my gear the day before the game, Because I bought it. I bought my own practice gear , with our logo on it ,t-shirt and shorts. ( for those players that made the team, not those that could not Mr. BLINDTOTHEFACT Eric you know where I am. If you want to see me.)

So keep my name out of both of your mouths. I am just tring to run my team out here in Northern CA. That is my main goal, I know Cleveland as well as I know you COACH ,I have never meet him in person and I have never meet you in person COACH.

So about that NUTS comment, Northern California is where I am, come see me, I am not hard to find. Since you want to talk about it ,you better be about it.[/quote] Personal attack is one thing but if you want to do the right thing STOP playing for now and find an investor or two and get into another league or start your own, the IFL or the UIF might be a good thing but as long as I have known CS she has been BAD news, will you discuss all that has been going on with the league, with someone from SI or ESPN the mag, if you are contacted or will you be a yes boy and hide ALL the problems you have encounterd with the league. You want tohelp these players? Distance yourself from CG and CS and free your mind and your soul and help expose the league for what it is. Then send a private mes, and there will be someone from above in contact if you really want to again,,,EXPOSE what this garbage league is about. Do you have insurance?

[quote=""billm75""]I'm certainly not siding with the league here, but if the players stage what would amount to a "strike", they are also endangering the future of the sport and the game in their hometowns. I COMPLETELY AGREE that this league needs to put up or shut down when it comes to insurance and such.

I understand where the players/coaches are coming from though. This is a chance to continue playing "professional" ball. Most of their fans LOVE THEM, as the Stingers can attest too. They're not playing for the money, $200-$300? C'mon, McDonald's pays better than that and you'd be hard pressed to blow out your ACL making nuggets.

The league needs to make good on it's promises and it's contracts, or it needs to tell the teams/fans/venues that they've screwed up and it's beyond their control to repair the problems. Sell out to another league, get your $100 per team and move on. Quit endangering the lives of players, the goodwill of communities and the support of fans in towns all across this country.

I'd be willing to bet that 10 of us from this forum could pool our resources and start a league that's:

a.) MORE STABLE
b.) MORE TRUSTWORTHY
c.) MORE RELIABLE
d.) MORE HONEST
e.) BETTER MANAGED
and....
f.) MORE POSITIVELY ACCEPTED
than the current NIFL group could ever hope to achieve.

I say support your players and teams, organize some fundraising events for YOUR TEAMS/PLAYERS and to hell with this league. Let them crawl back under their rocks.[/quote]

dking5341
Site Admin

Finally someone is on my side

Post by dking5341 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:29 pm

I went out on the limb last month to say that I felt that CG was running a scam along with another person. I said that he would try to use semi-pro teams to fill the empty cities teams. When I approached CG about the venue, money, equipment and other things, he jumped off the conference call that he organized acting like he had a meeting to go to all of a sudden. I went after him because, I felt like I needed to for the rest of the coaches that were fed the same things from CG. I think a few of coaches agreed to what I said and very couple agreed the way I did it. But, never the less, it needed to be said, rather if it was the right time or not. He told me that a few of the coaches after that conference call, called him and said that he should change the number and code to the conference call and not include me anymore. I told him to do what he felt. He wanted me to apologize to him in front of all the coaches on that next Monday conf. call. I told him sure, but in my mind, I knew that I wasn't going to do that, b/c that meant that I went back on my feeling that I had and said about him. He told Stephanie that I was to apologize, b/c she was back in charge. So I guess he wanted me to apologize and let her tell him I did. It wasn't about pride (well a little of it was), but it was about the right thing and people(players and fans). I've never spoken with CS, I wish I would've before the article hit the press, to tell her that I felt CG was running a scam and trying to run her out of her own league. So before you outsiders go crying on the behalf of CG, listen and open your eyes to the truth.
ALWAYS WORK HARDER THAN YOUR BOSS!!! ;)

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:56 pm

Shiver and Gary seem to make two peas in a pod pretty well here.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:35 pm

For those who missed it, here is the story dking5341 is referencing:
//www.oursportscentral.com/service ... id=3439373

Rooster
Site Admin

Chaos in the NIFL

Post by Rooster » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:05 pm

It's official, this thread has really touched off a nerve. Glad to see that front office personnel from ALL indoor leagues are getting a chance to read this. Must be pile on the NIFL day today:

Cleveland Gary, the new CEO of the league (former NFL player), granted franchises to anybody and everybody despite the fact they had no uniforms, a proven arena, tuf, dasherboards, and never posted the $150,000 security bond, etc. All of these teams were being backed by a California company which thought they would sell a lot of season tickets, use the money to buy what was needed, and go home loaded with cash. It didn't work.

For more:

http://www.minorleaguefootballnews.com/
Will Work for Red Bull!

Return to “NIFL”