ArenaCup to BossierCity/Shreveport; anyone going?

The arenafootball2 (af2) forum
redwolf_5
Site Admin

ArenaCup to BossierCity/Shreveport; anyone going?

Post by redwolf_5 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:28 am

announced today see article:
http://www.af2.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_ ... 2&ISWIDE=1
I plan on going as Im also going to the ArenaBowl also in my home state of Louisiana. Im curious who plans on going and if anyone else besides me plans on attending both games. fellow VooDoo fans perhaps? I very nearly went o this game back in '05, but didnt want to make drive by self and was keeping an eye on weather as well (as we all know what hell hit Louisiana a day or so later).
Last edited by redwolf_5 on Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:05 pm

Apparently the af2 didn't learn from their mistake last season that holding a minor league championship game at a neutral site is a bad, bad idea. Not to mention that Bossier-Shreveport already draws a very poor crowd at their own home games as it is.

When will they ever learn? :rolleyes:

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:23 am

[quote=""phydeaux72""]Apparently the af2 didn't learn from their mistake last season that holding a minor league championship game at a neutral site is a bad, bad idea. Not to mention that Bossier-Shreveport already draws a very poor crowd at their own home games as it is.

When will they ever learn? :rolleyes: [/quote]

Reportedly Bossier's attendance is up this year...

Personally, after the reminder of 2 years ago, and remembering that Puerto Rico got hit by a hurricane during last years arenacup, and Fort Myers in 2004, I'd say play the game further inland. Like Dakota.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

Dubs
Site Admin

Post by Dubs » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:31 am

Dangit! I'm working that weekend. Just like I have to work on Arena Bowl weekend at the end of July. :mad:

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Post by mrinsideto-u » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:04 am

[quote=""phydeaux72""]Apparently the af2 didn't learn from their mistake last season that holding a minor league championship game at a neutral site is a bad, bad idea. Not to mention that Bossier-Shreveport already draws a very poor crowd at their own home games as it is.

When will they ever learn? :rolleyes: [/quote] Lets see,,,,,,,,, they are 3-0. Also going to be no#1 or 2 after this game, oh yea did you see Q. Carter is their QB, and that their owner Dan Newman is doing a great job also. unlike haters who are on their 4th coach before playing their 2nd game. Love your league alot but the A2 rules the state of TX. Keep up the good work on YOUR teams and with EP next yr. ;)

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:14 pm

[quote=""mrinsideto-u""]Lets see,,,,,,,,, they are 3-0. Also going to be no#1 or 2 after this game, oh yea did you see Q. Carter is their QB, and that their owner Dan Newman is doing a great job also. unlike haters who are on their 4th coach before playing their 2nd game. Love your league alot but the A2 rules the state of TX. Keep up the good work on YOUR teams and with EP next yr. ;) [/quote]

But the af2 teams in Texas are crap to a man. They should all fold so the good people of Texas can get winning football teams.
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

twisterfan
Site Admin

Arena cup

Post by twisterfan » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:49 pm

If Arkansas is playing, I'm going.

redwolf_5
Site Admin

prices

Post by redwolf_5 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:33 am

I read elsewhere that VIP tix are $35 and go to 25 and 15 after that. not bad actually.

mtedora
Site Admin

but but but

Post by mtedora » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:27 pm

but...

IF the Battle Wings get as far AS the title game, should it still be IN Bossier/Shreveport?
Mateo en Tejas, USA

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:39 pm

Yes, especially then.

Return to “af2”