NIFL vs. Teams OF the NIFL

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:31 pm

Bill,

We had a good discussion yesterday over things.... and i find out this nmorning that something else has happened and you got to hear......

The Drillers are scheduled to play the Fort worth team this weekend that moved to another league and is treating the game as a pre season game.. I guarantee that the league will count the game towards the schedule! Will the fans that pay their hard earned money be told that the team coming in is using this game to play people that may get cut, not in it to win but to evaluate players? Doubtful.....

http://www.regulatorfootball.com/home
TEAM PRESS RELEASE

Regulators open 2007 Pre-season against the NIFL
April 18, 2007 - -- Regulators will enter into it's first ever pre-season game against the Beaumont Drillers of The National Indoor Football League April 21st in Beaumont, Texas. The Regulators have some great young players looking to prove themselves on the professional level. This will be the make-it or break-it game for some of these young men. Before the Regulators kick-off their 2007 American Professional Football League (APFL) season at home against the Texas Storm April 29, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.

GoCavs1
Site Admin

Post by GoCavs1 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:22 pm

And this is the problem.. My money is going where???

AllAces
Site Admin

Post by AllAces » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:03 pm

Bill,

You have a valid point and are right.

While not defending it, maybe I can offer you an explanation. Many of us started out with moderate enthusiasm against the league on this board. But over time, after watching entire markets get burned, people (vendors, sponsors, investors, etc.) being ripped off, players getting the food taken off their tables, and some of us being conned out of a considerable amount of money - we have developed into a pretty bitter crowd, but for good reason (read "haters").

Also, we have found ourselves being forced to defend our opinions to many people (some intelligent, some not so much...) who feel like we are just out to get the league for no good reason. All of this has made us (myself included) very jaded.

So, we over-respond to innocent questions. I guess we feel like we have paid our dues and are entitled. And, sometimes it's easier to post a strong, short reply rather than spend the time giving a full explanation.

You are right that we may hinder our desire to be taken seriously. But I, personally, have such strong opinions about this topic that I need to get it out there. My desire is to warn others before they end up where I am - just the same way 50 yard Fan suggested (very nice, by the way).

New people to the board should view the spectrum of opinions here. Any intelligent person should not change their plans to buy tickets based on what is posted. However, this should be a place where they can be warned of what to watch for and make up their own mind. Take all opinions with a grain of salt - but beware were (and how) you spend you money with this league.

billm75
Site Admin

Post by billm75 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:45 pm

AllAces....

I think you're right and I'm certainly not begrudging you your distaste with this league. Please don't misunderstand me.

I'm trying to think, instead, of the newbie not only to these boards, but to this SPORT, that are coming here hoping to learn something about their team and the future of the sport in their home town.

If they're anything like me, they're just thrilled to have indoor football...period. And since this league isn't much on publicity, they find their way here and hope to ask some honest questions.

I'm not saying that anyone is MISINFORMING them, just the tone they are greeted with will rub most newbies the wrong way and scare them off. Not only off of these boards, but away from the team and the sport.

You're certainly entitled to hate this league and everyone involved with it. Just try to be kind to us little guys that are new and kind of "ease us in" to the truths that you have learned. It's more of a personal issue, than a "This League is Awesome" vs. "This League Sucks Wombat Turds" kind of thing.

I hope that's understood by all who have followed this soap opera of a post.
Bill

http://www.stingersnest.com
http://www.iiflfootball.com - Management-based Internet Indoor Fantasy Football Free to join!

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Post by mrinsideto-u » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:13 pm

APFL vs NIFL, I wonder what Raph Adams is saying about this, cause he HATES C.Shiver and the NIFL. But the Drillers will win big. So no need to attend. Good luck to indoor team up there.

Return to “NIFL”