Greensboro phone not in service

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Greensboro phone not in service

Post by mrinsideto-u » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:00 am

Has pewonski already fallen on hard time's. Seems the phone is not in service.
Also some one needs to copy and paste his bio from the web site, great story.

billm75
Site Admin

The Man, The Myth

Post by billm75 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:08 pm

Anthony Pewonski -- President

Sunshine State Sports Management, LP (Sunshine) the company that owns and leases NIFL teams to companies that play in the league. They currently own three franchises operating in Greensboro, Dayton and Charlotte for the 2006 season. Sunshine has started four teams in the NIFL in prior year and sold two of the teams to local operators.

The contract with Centurion Sports Management, LLC (CSM) to setup and operate teams to assure successful structuring of companies and secure local operating partners.

Mr. Pewonski served on the NIFL Board of Directors for the 2005 season, worked as a liaison with the NFL and served as head of expansion for the eastern United States.
(does watching it on TV count as acting as a Liason?)

Anthony served as a Director of Foster & Dunhill, Ltd., heading the Strategic Consulting Division of the company, where his duties involve the coordination and direction of in-house professionals that include Attorneys, Certified Public Accountants and Certified Financial Planners.

In 1970, Mr. Pewonski received his degree in business administration with a major in accounting and began his career as a public accountant for a private income and estate practice.

In 1974, he established a successful consulting practice specializing in U.S. asset protection techniques.

In 1987, he began integrating international strategies in his practice.

In 1994, Mr. Pewonski co-founded the International Asset Protection Alliance, Inc., which trained United States and international legal, accounting and insurance professionals in all aspects of asset protection planning. A co-founder of Foster & Dunhill, Ltd. And a well known expert, Mr. Pewonski has addressed audiences, both in the United States and internationally topic of asset protection for businesses, professionals and individuals.

Anthony and his wife Nancy have made Greensboro, N.C. their home along with locating Sunshine and CSM in the Triad area.

Bold and italics were added by me.......

tony-o
Site Admin

Post by tony-o » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:32 pm

The contract with Centurion Sports Management, LLC (CSM) to setup and operate teams to assure successful structuring of companies and secure local operating partners.
[sarcasm]He did a great job with that.[/sarcasm]

I don't think the phones are ever working at the Revolution front office. I know people complained about that this offseason.

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:36 pm

I believe that Tony P still technically owns the rights to the Dayton market... I wonder if the Marshals got his permission?

mvhcpa
Site Admin

I would hope...

Post by mvhcpa » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:33 pm

[quote=""Jamie""]I believe that Tony P still technically owns the rights to the Dayton market... I wonder if the Marshals got his permission?[/quote]

...if Tony P. raised any kind of an issue, that the Marshalls would have just told T.P. to stick it right where TP usually goes.

Michael Val
(who is starting to wonder if being a con man--or feeling your team is stuck--or having a misplaced sense of loyalty--is a prerequisite for participating in this league!)

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:26 pm

First-hand reports are that things are getting worse in Columbia as well. Hope to have more info this week.

billm75
Site Admin

Post by billm75 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:28 pm

For the sake of the Columbia Fan Base and the Players/Coaches, I hope someone realizes that this city is ready for Indoor Football and offers to purchase this team, and move them into a better league next season.

We'll see how attendance is tonight, and make judgements based on turn out.

Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:30 pm

[quote=""billm75""]For the sake of the Columbia Fan Base and the Players/Coaches, I hope someone realizes that this city is ready for Indoor Football and offers to purchase this team, and move them into a better league next season.[/quote]

Pewonski tried that in Dayton in 2005.

I give him a few positive points for trying to save that team after it was kicked out of the UIF... but then he drove it in to the ground and left thousands of dollars of unpaid bills and screwed over vendors and sponsors.

He then put a price tag on the team that was far more than it could possibly be worth. Suprise! No Buyers.

Instead, the NIFL put a new team in Dayton, the Bulldogs... to be frank, I had quite forgotten about them, since they never finished the season in 2006... so maybe someone there owns the Dayton rights... but I digress...

The bottom line, before anyone considers buying Pewonski's team at a hyperinflated price, they should just let him flounder and fail, as all his teams do, and then get the rights to that city with another, more legitimate league, and start from scratch. It will be better that way...

billm75
Site Admin

Post by billm75 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:33 pm

[quote=""Jamie""]Pewonski tried that in Dayton in 2005.

I give him a few positive points for trying to save that team after it was kicked out of the UIF... but then he drove it in to the ground and left thousands of dollars of unpaid bills and screwed over vendors and sponsors.

He then put a price tag on the team that was far more than it could possibly be worth. Suprise! No Buyers.

Instead, the NIFL put a new team in Dayton, the Bulldogs... to be frank, I had quite forgotten about them, since they never finished the season in 2006... so maybe someone there owns the Dayton rights... but I digress...

The bottom line, before anyone considers buying Pewonski's team at a hyperinflated price, they should just let him flounder and fail, as all his teams do, and then get the rights to that city with another, more legitimate league, and start from scratch. It will be better that way...[/quote]

That's probably what I should have said. Hopefully someone realizes the CITY is ready for this sport and will keep a team here for the fans and players. IF not the STingers themselves, another indoor team in the arena from another league with real ownership. Either way, if this team gets fan support and makes a few bucks, someone should realize it's a good place to have a franchise.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:53 am

Bill, I agree, Columbia is a terric market. It is a football city, and having any former Gamecocks involved brings at least some attention from the local media. Hopefully, what's going on there will inspire someone to step up and do it right, rather than run from the game.

Return to “NIFL”