Ronnie Fields Arrested

The Continental Basketball Association (CBA) forum
indy legend
Site Admin

Fields worthy of NBA call up ?

Post by indy legend » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:28 am

:wink: If found guilty Fields would fit the new direction of the Indiana Pacers perfectly.

Ken, Steelheads fan
Site Admin

Post by Ken, Steelheads fan » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:54 am

"lightning fan" wrote:Innocent until proven guilty.

I put my trust in Daleo. He knows what he is doing and will react the proper way at the proper time.

I wish the best for all involved.

Man, with all this talk of excited crowds in Minot and playoff atmosphere, I am really missing the CBA in Rockford right now.

Innocent until proven guilty was never an issue, IMO. I question keeping a player with such a dark cloud over his head on the team. Especially a player with a nagging injury (perfect excuse for getting someone out of town)...even if that player is Ronnie Fields. The issue is thumbing your nose at the community. The situation can still blow-up in the face of the Skyrockets' organization, especially if the accuser is considered respectable in Minot.

This situation reminds me of the ABA Buffalo Silverbacks and their original racially offensive logo (albeit, the Minot situation is far more serious). Why take a chance on angering the community you intend on serving? Buffalo changed their logo (as they should have). It's smart business 101. You would NEVER find a Northern League baseball team handling the Ronnie Fields affair like Minot is handling it.

...but then again, Northern League baseball is wildly successful while minor league basketball is currently--well, is currently just wild!

Cazzzmo
Site Admin

trust me

Post by Cazzzmo » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:08 am

trust me on this one. R Fields will not be convicted and hence there will be no 'backlash' in the Minot community. The S'Rockets are handling this just fine. Minotians know your innocent 'til proven guilty and they know the type of person that has made these (false) accusations. this 'situation', or lack thereof, will just go away sooner than we all will realize . . . . .

Return to “CBA”