Ronnie Fields Arrested

Post by Sam Hill » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:34 am

OSC fave Fields in sex assault row:

http://www.minotdailynews.com/news/arti ... cleID=8924

psbf
Site Admin

Another?

Post by psbf » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:19 pm

I saw that, I wonder if he is going to end up off the team also. Like the coach's no nonsense policy.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:58 pm

The Skyrockets are the "CBA's Most Wanted Team," I can see.
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

panchess
Site Admin

New Skyrockets Numbers...

Post by panchess » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:03 pm

..maybe they can just wear their prison numbers as their jersey numbers from now on..

rams80
Site Admin

Post by rams80 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:11 pm

Not to sound mean but....

What is there to do in Minot that can get you in so much trouble?
Mean Spirited Blogger #24601

Accused of being a Cyber Terrorist by Joe Newman.

This league (NIFL) is like a frickin' cockroach. You could throw a nuclear bomb at it and it would still survive
-tony-o

So I'd rather spend a quarter of an ABA franchise to repair my car, as opposed to spending a franchise and a half to get a new car that might have some planned obsolescence that causes it to break down 5 days after the end of the warranty period.
-Chuck the Writer

psbf
Site Admin

Just a guess

Post by psbf » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:41 pm

I've never been up there, but the Skyrockets are new to that area. Any kind of arrest that one of their players is involved in can make the news, I'm sure. I don't know what kind of interest there is for tourists, aside from the local bars, but any pro team athlete is under a microscope, since they are trying to bring in fans for their games. Publicity like this can be bad for the team, whether or not it's true. It does not matter how small or big the city is, an arrest is bad news.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:18 pm

[quote=""psbf""]I've never been up there, but the Skyrockets are new to that area. Any kind of arrest that one of their players is involved in can make the news, I'm sure. I don't know what kind of interest there is for tourists, aside from the local bars, but any pro team athlete is under a microscope, since they are trying to bring in fans for their games. Publicity like this can be bad for the team, whether or not it's true. It does not matter how small or big the city is, an arrest is bad news.[/quote]
Do you think this would be a problem had they stayed in San Jose?
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

psbf
Site Admin

Regardless

Post by psbf » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:00 pm

Anytime a member of a team is arrested it is bad news for that team, no matter the sport, city or team(imo). Hopefully, it's just a false accusation.

sportsguy12
Site Admin

According to the article I read ...

Post by sportsguy12 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:34 pm

[quote=""psbf""]Anytime a member of a team is arrested it is bad news for that team, no matter the sport, city or team(imo). Hopefully, it's just a false accusation.[/quote]

said he's been in trouble before with the law, although it was when he was a teenager. This time, the assault was alleged so hopefully his accusing isn't fabricating it.

panchess
Site Admin

The publicity is actually a good thing in a way...

Post by panchess » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:20 pm

..in the sense that you clearly see the Skyrockets are a big deal in Minot, and as a couple people mentioned, pro athletes are always under the microscope.

The Skyrockets are clearly a big deal in Minot, and in this transitional season, Minot has been a modest success in attendance, and a good franchise in the league. That is a good thing for the CBA, except when the players are charged with crimes.

If the same thing happened in Anderson, Indiana, I think the Herald Bulletin would still ignore it in the same manner they have ignored the Alley Cats all season.

Return to “CBA”