There is to Be at Least 16 to 22 teams

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
TheLunchbox_58
Site Admin

There is to Be at Least 16 to 22 teams

Post by TheLunchbox_58 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:56 pm

a very reliable source, has given me some info on what has been going on. The NIFL has been having the new owners & coaches meet in WYOMING over the past couple of months. This is to show the new teams how run there organization with out having to fold in the early goins of the season. And as we all know wyoming is the only team that survived all the B.S. the last 6 years. Not giving praise to the NIFL on having teams and for what there doing, but its about time they announce the other owners.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:21 pm

Quite honestly, it was time to announce new teams two-three months ago at the latest. The first thing any successful franchise should tell new owners is to get out and start selling tickets and sponsorships immediately, and all that should have started well before the end of the year. The only way to ensure teams make it through even the early part of the season is to ensure they have some significant income (i.e. are selling tickets and sponsorships) or are rich enough to accept big losses. There just isn't sufficient time left for anyone but the most well-heeled owners in the most fertile markets to have much of a shot at viability. Judging by the names, locations and logos on the NIFL website and the complete lack of any contact information, I doubt many of the new owners fall in that category.

I won't even ask what happened to the other 42 to 48 teams the league planned. I know new team reps haven't been out in Wyoming for much of the past two months, though some may have been there recently. I have also been told that at least two of the supposed new western teams are no-gos for 2006, though it wouldn't surprise me if more, such as San Diego which is still not listed, were to pop up on the NIFL site next month.

Lets Play Football
Site Admin

Post by Lets Play Football » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:30 pm

As usual, Preeths is being to kind.... this is all part of the big charade....

No one is going to Casper, no one has been... post one name that has been through the NIFL Training and I will eat my old NIFL football I got last season an Outlaws game...

There isn't any training, crooks and con men don't need training, they are born to steal.... just doing what comes naturally.

The sooner the NIFL folds, the sooner indoor football can start getting the credit it deserves. That is my only real complaint, just wish they woudl go away so the game itself could be more credible.

As long as there is an NIFL, there will be doubt about the integrity of the indoor game.

sportsguy12
Site Admin

isn't it funny ...

Post by sportsguy12 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:55 pm

[quote=""TheLunchbox_58""]a very reliable source, has given me some info on what has been going on. The NIFL has been having the new owners & coaches meet in WYOMING over the past couple of months. This is to show the new teams how run there organization with out having to fold in the early goins of the season. And as we all know wyoming is the only team that survived all the B.S. the last 6 years. Not giving praise to the NIFL on having teams and for what there doing, but its about time they announce the other owners.[/quote]

that whenever breaking news comes about on these message boards for these sham leagues like the NIFL or ABA, that the writer always has either no previous posts or single digits.

Your "very reliable" source is no more reliable than Uncle Joe, CS or CG! So save it!

TheLunchbox_58
Site Admin

Post by TheLunchbox_58 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:15 pm

Its sad to see all the haters in the world come out on a thread. So I ask you, why do you want all the little leagues to fail? Is it because you were second string your whole life and mommy and daddy told you, that your a starter.
The way I see it these leagues give players who had good and bad college careers a chance to Keep doing What they Love and thats play football. The only thing we should hope for is people like Shiver who have ran leagues into the ground with over expansion and other B.S. to disaper. but that will never happen. So dont hate cause you never had the chance. Ive played for 7 teams in the last 5 years. one folded in mid season and the other the owner wouldnt pay us. But by still playing it given me the oppertunity do do what i love.

PIONEERSFAN101
Site Admin

Post by PIONEERSFAN101 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:34 pm

The only thing we hate is the NIFL and it's constant stream of BS. (and the EIFL we hate too, but thats another story) I have no problem with legitimate leagues like the CIFL, UIF, WIFL, or even the AIFA and IFL. Go tryout for an af2 team or a UIF team and stay clear of the garbage NIFL.

I still say there won't be a 2007 NIFL season...It's far too late to pull anything off thats even half legit.

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:59 pm

[quote=""PIONEERSFAN101""]I have no problem with legitimate leagues like the CIFL, UIF, WIFL, or even the AIFA and IFL.[/quote]

"even the IFL"?? OUCH!

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:03 pm

TheLunchbox58, I had no problem with your original post. You qualified your statement by saying the information came from elsewhere and stating it was time to reveal the owners. No problems there. I do take issue with you saying the "haters" are coming out. The NIFL has gone out of its way to earn all the skepticism any post about its plans receives. Don't take it personally. The posters don't doubt you necessarily, they doubt the NIFL leadership. There is only one reason people come to these boards, and that's because they are fans of the minor leagues. As Let's Play Football stated, it is time to clean up the entire sport so it can finally grow and receive the credit it deserves.

PIONEERSFAN101
Site Admin

Post by PIONEERSFAN101 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:29 am

[quote=""phydeaux72""]"even the IFL"?? OUCH![/quote]

If the IFL can pull this season off with Alaska and having no problems with them, then they'll go down as legit in my book.

And has been said, the indoor football world cannot be completely legit while the NIFL continues to try to exist. Fayetteville, Wyoming, and San Diego will end up regretting their decisions to stay in and to join this garbage league.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:01 am

[quote=""TheLunchbox_58""]Its sad to see all the haters in the world come out on a thread. So I ask you, why do you want all the little leagues to fail?[/quote]

I don't want to see any legit league fail. If the front office of the NIFL would be willing to step aside and turn it over to people with the best interest of the team's fans, players and owners, then it would gain a lot of support. Right now, the league's past business practices have been so bad, they can't even find arenas willing to give them leases without cash up front. That's why they are resorting to horse barns.
The AIFL/A had its problems, but at least the league president was forced out and it might have a fighting chance. The IFL played all of its games last season, although I have my doubts about the viability of an Alaska team. Even af2 and UIF are not without problems, but those teams finish the season and pay their bills. The WIFL will be a tough go with just four teams.
The NIFL has been messing with too many people's livelihoods. That's why there are so many haters.

Return to “NIFL”