T Minus 48 Hours or So

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
AK53
Site Admin

T Minus 48 Hours or So

Post by AK53 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:39 pm

Til the alleged league meetings get underway

Will Cincinnati stay in, or do they posture with the UIF ?
What's Fayetteville gonna do ?
Does Greensboro still have a team ?
Did Cricket Arena actually allow the Fusion a lease ?
Where will folks at Palm Beach sit ?
Is Rapid City gonna go UIF ?
Does Beaumont have a lease ?

and that doesn't even begin to discuss expansion......

MarshalsFAN80
Site Admin

Post by MarshalsFAN80 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:13 pm

[quote=""AK53""]Til the alleged league meetings get underway

Will Cincinnati stay in, or do they posture with the UIF ?
What's Fayetteville gonna do ?
Does Greensboro still have a team ?
Did Cricket Arena actually allow the Fusion a lease ?
Where will folks at Palm Beach sit ?
Is Rapid City gonna go UIF ?
Does Beaumont have a lease ?

and that doesn't even begin to discuss expansion......[/quote]

As of right now...Cincinnati will stay.
Fayetteville is going to the meetings....
Greensboro Revolution still exist to my knowledge
Cricket Arena??? as in cricket wireless??? or as in the GAME OF CRICKET? hehe
It's Palm Beach, it will be summer, do you think people are really going to be that interested in watching indoor football?
Rapid City I think 15% of the team might be owned by the league. At least that has been the rumor.
Beaumont...hmmm...the number that I was given for Drillers Owner Roy Reap has been "out of the service area" according to the message I have been getting for about a week now. Hopefully he has is ducks in a row.

On a serious note, Cincinnati will have some announcements to make after the meetings I'm sure. There seems to be a little bit of optimism coming out of the offices. Yes, I said offices. That means MORE THAN ONE :)
Fan Of:
Cincinnati Bengals, Oakland Raiders, Cincinnati Reds, Florence Freedom, Cleveland Cavs, Anaheim Ducks, Cincinnati Cyclones, , UC Bearcats, Xavier Musketeers,

I know it comes with the territory but, I just wish that the revolving door in minor league sports would stop turning.

eagle1
Site Admin

Can't wait to see ghost teams

Post by eagle1 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:20 pm

I can't wait to see where the 50+ ghost teams come from.

CBlack
Site Admin

Post by CBlack » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:46 pm

I heard that the Burr Minnesota grain elevator was getting a team. They have sold 100% of the locals season tickets. All 4 residents are season ticket holders. ;)

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:09 pm

Here's what we've heard:
San Diego and Ontario, California
Waco and Dallas, Texas
Grand Island, Nebraska
Springfield, MO
Palm Beach, FL

We have it on good authority that neither the NIFL nor any potential NIFL team has a contract with the Cricket Arena in Charlotte.

AllTheRage
Site Admin

Rapid City is in ???

Post by AllTheRage » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:10 pm

It is my understanding that the Rapid City Aces are still in question of whether or not they will play in any league. Their turf, dasher boards and helmets and shoulder pads were sold off by a local bank at auction to recover some outstanding debt. So, it may be another "start it all over again move" in RC, if they return in 2007.

Where will Cincy play? They are rumored to be out of the US Bank arena for good. So, they may be moving elsewhere.

It is also rumored that Beaumont lost their arena and last year, they were only drawing 300 or so fans until the playoff game when they gave away tickets.

Unless the league can come up with teleporting teams like they did on the Star Ship Enterprise, how are Tri Cities and Wyoming going to have teams to play without some league subsidy.

I bet when the smoke clears from the gala black tie event in West Palm that there will still be a lot more questions than answers.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:31 pm

Cincinnati is still working on an arena, but US Bank Arena is out of the picture. The Gardens may also be out as there could be some renovations there in the near future.

Reichert
Site Admin

Post by Reichert » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:53 pm

[quote=""preeths""]Here's what we've heard:
Waco and Dallas, Texas
Grand Island, Nebraska
Springfield, MO
Palm Beach, FL

We have it on good authority that neither the NIFL nor any potential NIFL team has a contract with the Cricket Arena in Charlotte.[/quote]

This will go down as the most insane thing you've ever read here, but if the af2 Texas Copperheads move the team to the Berry Center in NW Houston I wouldn't rule out CS trying to put a NIFL team right back into the Merrell Center in Katy.

Meanwhile....GRAND ISLAND, NEBRASKA? A city of only 50,000 residents getting a NIFL team? And that 50,000 figure counts both the city and surrounding Hall County. Whose barn is that team going to be in?

Freedom
Site Admin

Post by Freedom » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:13 pm

[quote=""preeths""]Here's what we've heard:
Waco and Dallas, Texas
Grand Island, Nebraska
Springfield, MO
Palm Beach, FL

We have it on good authority that neither the NIFL nor any potential NIFL team has a contract with the Cricket Arena in Charlotte.[/quote]

Does the Springfield, MO team have a place to play? They were the ones looking for a big warehouse to play in . . .

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:14 pm

Grand Island has a brand new facility. I've been by there a few times, in fact I'll be right next to the place with my soccer team Sunday.

http://www.heartlandeventscenter.com/

Grand Island is a growing community, with Hastings, Kearney, York and even Lincoln not that far away. They should be able to draw from these nearby communities, as well as others. When Kearney had the Tri Cities Diesel, the Tri Cities were Kearney, Hastings and Grand Island. The community itself will probably embrace the team and with quality ownership I believe that the facility, which is located next door to the track at Fonner Park, will be quite successful with indoor football.

Quality ownership and the league straightening up its act are key, of course.

Return to “NIFL”