NIFL loses two more teams, down to 7

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
preeths
Site Admin

NIFL loses two more teams, down to 7

Post by preeths » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:13 pm

It's finally official as Billings and RiverCity both announced they have joined United Indoor Football. As of right now, here's what's left of the 2006 NIFL:

• Beaumont Drillers
• Cincinnati Marshals
• Fayetteville Guard
• Greensboro Revolution
• Rapid City Flying Aces
• Tri-Cities Fever
• Wyoming Cavalry

RageFan1
Site Admin

woooo hoooo

Post by RageFan1 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:19 pm

Bye Bye to the NIFL. Good luck to all the remaining teams in the Nifl. Now i can see some away games in a days drive. Rage in the UIF. Time to party.

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Post by mrinsideto-u » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:25 pm

[quote=""preeths""]It's finally official as Billings and RiverCity both announced they have joined United Indoor Football. As of right now, here's what's left of the 2006 NIFL:

• Beaumont Drillers
• Cincinnati Marshals
• Fayetteville Guard
• Greensboro Revolution
• Rapid City Flying Aces
• Tri-Cities Fever
• Wyoming Cavalry[/quote] Fayetteville is out, as of 2 weeks ago. Cincy is going out cause they have no place to play, GARDENS wants their money up front, and expext Rapid City to make the jump in a few days. Dumb ASSES in Fayetteville up CS and CG back door. How stupid are they. The fans need to call the office and let them know

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:38 pm

[quote=""mrinsideto-u""]Fayetteville is out, as of 2 weeks ago. Cincy is going out cause they have no place to play, GARDENS wants their money up front, and expext Rapid City to make the jump in a few days. Dumb ASSES in Fayetteville up CS and CG back door. How stupid are they. The fans need to call the office and let them know[/quote]

So is Fayetteville out or not?

MarshalsFAN80
Site Admin

Post by MarshalsFAN80 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:03 am

[quote=""mrinsideto-u""]Fayetteville is out, as of 2 weeks ago. Cincy is going out cause they have no place to play, GARDENS wants their money up front, and expext Rapid City to make the jump in a few days. Dumb ASSES in Fayetteville up CS and CG back door. How stupid are they. The fans need to call the office and let them know[/quote]

This is interesting to hear about the Marshals...my guess is that you have actually talked to someone within the organization.

WHO IS YOUR SOURCE? (or is this just another load of MESSAGE BOARD BS?)
Fan Of:
Cincinnati Bengals, Oakland Raiders, Cincinnati Reds, Florence Freedom, Cleveland Cavs, Anaheim Ducks, Cincinnati Cyclones, , UC Bearcats, Xavier Musketeers,

I know it comes with the territory but, I just wish that the revolving door in minor league sports would stop turning.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:35 am

If Cincy can get out of the NIFL, now's is as good a time as any. Regroup, reorganize (refinance) and get thee in the UIF ASAP. Cincy would be a great fit there.

perusix
Site Admin

Post by perusix » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:18 am

Fayetteville is not out of the NIFL as of today. They will be attending the NIFL league meetings this coming weekend.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:25 am

[quote=""preeths""]It's finally official as Billings and RiverCity both announced they have joined United Indoor Football. As of right now, here's what's left of the 2006 NIFL:

• Beaumont Drillers
• Cincinnati Marshals
• Fayetteville Guard
• Greensboro Revolution
• Rapid City Flying Aces
• Tri-Cities Fever
• Wyoming Cavalry[/quote]
Uh, where's Arkansas?
Are they going to the Ultimate Indoor Football League as rumored?
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

phydeaux72
Site Admin

Post by phydeaux72 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:36 am

[quote=""Minor League Man""]Uh, where's Arkansas?
Are they going to the Ultimate Indoor Football League as rumored?[/quote]

Not a rumor according to their website. In big bold blue letters on the middle of their website:
The 2007 Arkansas stars will play in the All New

Ultimate Indoor Football League ( UIFL )
According to the UIFL website, there are 7 teams committed to play in the league for the 2007 season with more to come. The official announcement will be October 31st. I wonder if this league was in fact started by the owner of the Arkansas Stars. I heard last season that the Stars owner also had future rights to 6 other franchises in the NIFL. So I wonder how many of the 7 "committed" UIFL teams are owned by the Stars owner.
Last edited by phydeaux72 on Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

exit322
Site Admin

Post by exit322 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:43 am

If he's got the cash and smarts to bring in good football people, then the UIFL will be fine.

Return to “NIFL”