Site Admin

Skeleton in Cleveland Gary's closet

Post by preeths » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:27 pm

He was arrested and charged with insurance fraud and grand theft in May, 2001:
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.as ... 591887.htm

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:48 pm

Not certain if the link will come out correctly, but it appears Mr. Gary was also charged with a couple of counts of battery in 1999, and one of them may have been a weapons charge:
http://www.miami-dadeclerk.com/cjis/cas ... CF879C7C4A
The record lists his DOB as05/04/1966 as does Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Gary), so I believe it is the same guy.

It looks as if he pleaded not guilty and was ordered to stay away from Marilyn Walker, identified as his girlfriend in the insurance fraud story, and his two children. As far as I can tell, the prosecution dropped all or part of the case when he completed a Pretrial Intervention Program, at least that's what I believe "NOLLE PROS-COMP PTI" means.

ragefan
Site Admin

Post by ragefan » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:52 pm

ah... Winners just attract other Winners don't they???

mrinsideto-u
Site Admin

Gary

Post by mrinsideto-u » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:01 pm

It makes you wonder, IS cleveland gary and HP patterson the same person, we will find out in MIAMI and will get that pic of the 2 together, any 1 want to join the Coastal States Football Union, Sorry guys if i messed it up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or as we say it C,,,S,,,F,,,U I bet the 3 of them are in cahoots

MarshalsFAN80
Site Admin

Post by MarshalsFAN80 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:27 pm

There are a number of times that people make mistakes...

some get arrested...some don't but, sometimes people's lives are changed by the experience.

Preeths, Have you contacted cleveland about this directly or is this just another attempt to make the NIFL look worse than they already have.
Fan Of:
Cincinnati Bengals, Oakland Raiders, Cincinnati Reds, Florence Freedom, Cleveland Cavs, Anaheim Ducks, Cincinnati Cyclones, , UC Bearcats, Xavier Musketeers,

I know it comes with the territory but, I just wish that the revolving door in minor league sports would stop turning.

bear071
Site Admin

No life

Post by bear071 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:57 am

[quote=""MarshalsFAN80""]There are a number of times that people make mistakes...

some get arrested...some don't but, sometimes people's lives are changed by the experience.

Preeths, Have you contacted cleveland about this directly or is this just another attempt to make the NIFL look worse than they already have.[/quote]

Fan80 what do you think!! Preeths as nothing else to do with if time but find the worst in other people Just by digging up bones in someone elses closet tells it all....This is one of the many signs of a lonely person.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:30 am

MarshalsFan80, I was discussing this with someone else tonight. While I agree that some people can and do change, I also believe that sometimes people have weaknesses that should keep them out of certain positions. For instance, I don't believe it's a good idea to make a recovering alcoholic a bartender. Is it a good idea to make someone charged with insurance fraud and grand theft the face of your league? That's for the NIFL owners to decide.

This is all on the public record, and I know at least one NIFL owner was not informed of this when Gary took his position with the league. They thanked me for bringing it to their attention. The owners should have a chance to pose the questions to him or the person who hired him. If he answers them to their satisfaction, at least they can base their decisions on complete information.

bear071, this is my job. Yes, I have more time to devote to researching things than most fans. Most of a business day, every weekday.

We have attempted to contact Mr. Gary. He has not responded.

PIONEERSFAN101
Site Admin

Post by PIONEERSFAN101 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:42 am

The NIFL story just always seems to get better!!!

Malepig
Site Admin

Post by Malepig » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:22 am

Sorry but I have a problem with this thread. If a person is not convicted of a crime then they are not guilty. Someone who is not processed is not guilty of that crime. There are clear determinations of guilt for a purpose. The fact he was arrested means nothing except he is innocent until proven guilty. So bringing up an arrest without a conviction is in bad taste.

xd40shooter
Site Admin

Post by xd40shooter » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:26 am

So if OJ comes knocking on your door at 3 am, you let him in?

Return to “NIFL”