What did Lakeland get themselves into

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
Thuderbolt
Site Admin

What did Lakeland get themselves into

Post by Thuderbolt » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:33 pm

The Thunderbolts are a solid franchise, they have great owners and a wonderful staff. They might have been the most promising franchise in the NIFL. After the NIFL srewed up in almost every way possible last year the Bolts decided to change leagues, but why the AIFL. Is the AIFL any better than the NIFL. Lakelands not ready for AF2 yet but was it the right decision to jump to the AIFL and not the WIFL ?

fairy godmother
Site Admin

Post by fairy godmother » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:32 am

Yes, the AIFL is much better than the NIFL trust me. The Lakeland organization will do just fine with the AIFL especially since there is a possibility of even one more florida team, that will drasticially cut down on travel costs. The WIFL ownership is split between owners, so what do you think will happen when the founders of the league own multiple teams?

Malepig
Site Admin

Post by Malepig » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:14 am

Bringing the Pollyanna approach, I feel it is safe to say that that the AIFL learned their lesson from the quick expansion and had their hand spanked. They are strong enough to recover and keep going if they do things right. I'll go to Lakeland and Osceola at least one this year to see both teams and see how it works.

Thuderbolt
Site Admin

Post by Thuderbolt » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:05 pm

I hear the games at Osceola are boring, Lakeland puts on a pretty good show

Return to “AIF”