The future of the ADL

The Arena Development League (ADL) forum
Jungle Fever
Site Admin

Post by Jungle Fever » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:33 pm

Yes, I can say I've seen evidence of good management by the Lions. They are and have always been a top-notch organization. But with such a dearth of information about the new league, it seems more an act of faith that this will really be a viable league. By what date will they need to at least double in size in order to restore confidence that they will play in 2017? They later the teams form and join the league, the less organized and prepared they will be. Suge seems to be privy to some inside info. I'd sure like to hear some of this. The lack of noise from the league is what reduces my confidence and diminishes any off-season enthusiasm I might have.

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:39 pm

Jungle Fever, you have valid concerns we'll simply have to see what happens

I noticed another addition the Firebirds, now this team folded tent in midseason in the AIF this final season of 2016, now if the league was some how the cause of that which happens in the indoor game, I can give them a chance to get on track, but if they had to shut it down because of there own accord problems then this addition could be a problem for the ADL.

And would signal a league problem, worthy of the concern you display it is hard to cultivate new teams they just don't fall out of the sky as they once did in the early years of the sport.

Here's an uncle Vito tip, there is noise being made in two other states about possible ADL teams I hear things but can't speak of them right now, if those teams happen the league could have a larger number of teams than anyone thought, but if's a big word in indoor football.

I do think expectations of the ADL being a serious threat to the other two leagues of indoor football in its first season is unwarranted, they will be in building mode for first 3 seasons two for certain, as some adjustment will have to be instituted.
Last edited by suge night on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:35 pm

Buzz, is bouncing around about a travel only team...

Don't know if its true but the buzz is strong enough to warrant concern on league building.......players recruited for this particular team are talking about it....

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:31 pm

Vermont Bucks SIFL, what the ?

Well they had a change of thought it looks like....

The league will kickoff but how many and where only they really know,

Kansas Bill
Site Admin

Post by Kansas Bill » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:29 pm

I thought the last that was heard from the Vermont Bucks was they were part of the new Can-Am (Canadian-American) Indoor Football League... Anything I would know would only be second hand... I have no inside info on anything..

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:24 am

You Sir, would be correct :cool:

Not sure what's going to happen with the SIFL good luck to them they will need all of it.....

Sec19Row53
Site Admin

Post by Sec19Row53 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:28 pm

Hmmm - Chicago next?

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:42 am

Maybe not :confused:

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:25 am

Here's a little math based on the current teams you see on the league site, travel 14 hours on the high side 4 hours on the low. Now the cost of doing business based upon simply the hours will be costly just within the division if listed teams should make one, and with them all being eastern it would make the most sense.

There are whispers of a proposed division further south/west that could stretch budgets further if one were to consider these teams in a matchup during regular season verses the already listed teams, travel hours for those games could be a league killer, unlike independent minor league baseball the players are not paid on a monthly scale, meaning they would have too miss work to travel. Sure minor league baseball players on an independent team are minimum wage employees, but the roster size is about the same as an indoor team.

This is one of the problems of the indoor game, and it has to make the leap moving into the future, so far not one of the indoor leagues are ready for that level as of yet, whichever league figures out how to do that will truly wear the crown, as second fiddle to the arena league, and King of the indoor level game second to none no matter how many teams or length of time a float or any other criteria.
Last edited by suge night on Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

suge night
Site Admin

Post by suge night » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:14 pm

AFL Jacksonville, headed to ADL? It only makes sense...

Return to “ADL”