Pacific wild-card matchups are screwed!

The National Indoor Football League (NIFL) forum
PIONEERSFAN101
Site Admin

Post by PIONEERSFAN101 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:53 pm

Actually the seedings are correct. Wyoming beat Rapid City last night 59-45 to vault into the 5 spot over Beaumont. Katy should be hosting Beaumont, but they arent.

In last week's playoff picture on the NIFL site it said if wyoming won theyd be the #5 seed and that has happened. I was a little mistaken myself as I forgot about last night's game.

outlaw1
Site Admin

Hola once again mi amigos

Post by outlaw1 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:55 pm

I've got the scoop on Osceola. No big whoop. Because the facility is used heavily for rodeos (hence the name SILVER SPURS RODEO ARENA), Osceola will be unable to use it this weekend. There will be a horse show running the entire week. Plus there will be tons and tons of dirt, clay, and horse *%$^ to bring in and out. I believe they looked into using Lakeland's facility and perhaps the TD Waterhouse as they are both within 30 minutes of Osceola, but looks like the offer to play in Cinci was a little more inviting. Plus, they whooped them there once before. But with the looming possibitly of this trip to Cinci (16 + Hrs), a trip to Fayettville (9+ hrs), and maybe one to St. Louis (good god), things could get a little hairy. Who needs a bunns of steel........just play in the NIFL and ride the bus. In only 14 weeks or your money back, guarenteed..........Who am I kidding, money back and NIFL in the same sentence......that one made me laugh!

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:37 pm

;) :D :p hahhahahahahaha

goguard88
Site Admin

Post by goguard88 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:54 pm

PIONEERSFAN101 wrote:Actually the seedings are correct. Wyoming beat Rapid City last night 59-45 to vault into the 5 spot over Beaumont. Katy should be hosting Beaumont, but they arent.

In last week's playoff picture on the NIFL site it said if wyoming won theyd be the #5 seed and that has happened. I was a little mistaken myself as I forgot about last night's game.
Yeah, they did say that... but that can't be right, considering Beaumont has the better conference record. See what I'm saying?

GTDREW
Site Admin

Another Point

Post by GTDREW » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:37 pm

Here's the way I look at it from Eastern NC,

12 hours min. to Lakeland or Osceola, glad I am not going there,
12 hours to Montgomery, been there and done that, same as above,
10 hours or so to Cincy, you must be kidding,
16 hours min. to St Louis or $400 airline ticket, might have to do it,
3 days to Billings or $800 ticket, no sure about that one, long way for an NIFL Championship.

Getting a first round bye and another home game PRICELESS !!!

xd40shooter
Site Admin

Post by xd40shooter » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:59 pm

800 dollars? Anyone buying those tickets should bend over while buying them

Sykotyk
Site Admin

Post by Sykotyk » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:50 am

Raleigh (NC) to Billings (MT) on less than a week's notice is a shade above $1000 at this point. So yes, that'd be possible if you intend to follow your team to the championship game.

You'd have a better shot at getting in with the team and seeing if you can pay towards the charter flight and get a seat than book yourself.

Sykotyk

Cavswithinfo
Site Admin

Post by Cavswithinfo » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:22 am

You have to look at the WILD CARD TIE_BREAKER. Wyoming wins on the raning of points for and points against, not the Division tie-Breaker (two teams within a divsion with the same overall record).

With their win over Rapid City, both Wyoming and BEaumont end with 8-6 records and Wyoming wins the WILD CARD TIE BREAKER. The Pacific Conference is playing by the bracket.

I have heard though, that Beaumont is claiming the pacific south title????
Last edited by Cavswithinfo on Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

sportznut
Site Admin

Post by sportznut » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:07 pm

That is the claim... I just posted what i was told.. even if i dont think it is truely the right way

goguard88
Site Admin

Post by goguard88 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:54 pm

Well, either way, I've updated my bracket and playoff picture with the way the NIFL actually has it. That's how it'll go, I guess.

Return to “NIFL”