NEBA Welcomes The Garland Hoyas To The League

dmbishop
Site Admin

NEBA Welcomes The Garland Hoyas To The League

Post by dmbishop » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:55 am

The President of Basketball Operations Kevin Williams and League Commissioner David Swisher have announced the addition of the Garland Hoyas to the New Era Basketball Association.

Garland, a suburb of Dallas Texas, is the last addition to the southwest region for the NEBA

The Garland Hoyas are owned by Paul Parker, a current active duty officer in the US Army. Parker was a Community College basketball star, but after finding out that he needed to have a kidney removed, Paul decided to focus on coaching basketball instead of playing.

The Garland Hoyas are a welcome addition to the NEBA League and are loaded with talent that includes two former Division-I basketball players in their backcourt. When asked what promoted Parker to join up with the NEBA movement Parker stated “The professionalism and structure of the NEBA League is the most appealing thing to me. Joining up with the NEBA is truly the best way that I can develop my players and get them to the next level”.

The Garland Hoyas first game of the season will be November 13th versus the Memphis Lions which will tip off the start of the NEBA Season.

The mission of the NEBA League is to teach, develop, and expose basketball players to the NBA, NBDL, and International Scouts , while providing the community an exciting brand of basketball. New Era, EA Sports, BOP TV, 20/20 Apparel, Hoop Culture, and Ball 4 Life have all been named official sponsors for the NEBA League. A Partnership with 20/20 apparel will make the NEBA League the only minor league basketball association that will have players with their own shoes. Sponsorship opportunities are still available.

For more information please contact kmorgan@fiprm.com or officialneba.com

dmbishop
Site Admin

Post by dmbishop » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:40 pm

Full disclosure...

At last week's league conference call (yes, the league's officers meet with all team owners 1-2 times a week) the NEBA added some new team requirements which I will discuss at a later date. Because of this, two teams; Hickory, NC and Washington, DC decided that they couldn't meet those requirements and have dropped out for the 2015-16 season.

So the addition of the Garland Hoyas brings the team total up to 19.

Dave

Return to “Men's Basketball”