The creation of the PIFL

yellowpages
Site Admin

Post by yellowpages » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:47 am

Barbara you are right. I do not believe that any team should be in a position where they are set up to fail.

I believe, very strongly, that those involved with the PIFL want teams to succeed.

Keep posting your comments and suggestions. It will only make them stronger in the long run.

outside source
Site Admin

Post by outside source » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:55 pm

Quite frankly, liquid assets should be in the neighborhood of 300-400K to start a team in year one. Actually probably a little more. At 100K you're depending heavily on ticket and sponsor sales with little cash to back it up.

In most cases, season one will be a loser, but in season two with hard work can and should be able to at least break even. This is far from a get rich over night venture and the reasons for even wanting a team have to be more than just making money

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:45 pm

I'm glad to see that the PIFL is attempting to update their site on a regular basis. So many times we'll see a website for new leagues or teams with no updates or signs of life.

"The Daily Buzz Reloaded" section seems to be explaining where they are at with their goals, a new section was added........today?

http://71.18.64.56/

This is the link to their website.

BarbaraPatterson
Site Admin

Post by BarbaraPatterson » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:04 pm

BarbaraPatterson wrote:Then I wish the well. My consern, not knowing Jerry, is that to many people are seeing the sales of these leagues, (AIFL, NAFL as examples) and think that they can startup a league and cash out in a few years. Not fully understanding the full startup costs, or the legalities involved with running, and starting a league.

I hope thats not the case but I think over the next couple of years, you will see 6 new leagues formed. We already have the EIFL and PIFL started this year, and the season isnt even over.
Well I predicted 6 teams in the next 2 years, do we now have our third league starting up before the end of year 1? //www.oursportscentral.com/boards/ ... php?t=3087

tony-o
Site Admin

Post by tony-o » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:17 pm

BarbaraPatterson wrote:Well I predicted 6 teams in the next 2 years, do we now have our third league starting up before the end of year 1? //www.oursportscentral.com/boards/ ... php?t=3087
I could see a few more leagues in the future for teams that are getting away from the NIFL and AIFL. Though the EIFL will probably fail due to who is in charge. So it's looking like 2 more leagues that could come out and actually do good.

Red Zone
Site Admin

Post by Red Zone » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:15 pm

Concept looks good on paper. From what I understand by the regional concept is that teams in regions that border another region can and will play each other. Teams in non bordering regions can play each other as long as they fit within the travel time line parameters. From what I read, the PIFL organizers are pretty much responding to comments by fans of creating a league that will be run with professionalism and integrity. It seems like the vast majority of us fans in here have been burned by a league or team and we are getting tired of it. Teams ask for fan support - we give it to them only to get our back stabbed. There are enough disgruntled team owners in leagues accross the country to get this off the ground and become reality next year.

Tatonka
Site Admin

Post by Tatonka » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:23 pm

There already is a league that is run with professionalism and integrity, one that responds quickly to their member teams' needs and is just completing their inaugural season with all 6 teams playing every sheduled game, without forfeits or replacement players.

http://www.glifl.com

Red Zone
Site Admin

Post by Red Zone » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:53 pm

Tatonka wrote:There already is a league that is run with professionalism and integrity, one that responds quickly to their member teams' needs and is just completing their inaugural season with all 6 teams playing every sheduled game, without forfeits or replacement players.

http://www.glifl.com
The GLIFL does seem legit and doing things the right way. I just don't see a team in the deep south being apart of the GLIFL.

tony-o
Site Admin

Post by tony-o » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:28 pm

Red Zone wrote:The GLIFL does seem legit and doing things the right way. I just don't see a team in the deep south being apart of the GLIFL.
I could actually see it happening in maybe a year or two. There is already a team in Maryland. But I think a SIFL or SEIFL would come first.

BarbaraPatterson
Site Admin

Post by BarbaraPatterson » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:37 pm

I think that it would be a good idea to consolidate some of these leagues, rather then starting new ones. Make the current ones financially stable.

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”