Major League Football could come to Lakewood Ranch

Fran
Site Admin

Major League Football could come to Lakewood Ranch

Post by Fran » Sat May 23, 2015 2:08 am

http://www.bradenton.com/2015/05/22/581 ... tball.html

-- A new professional spring-football league could soon call Manatee County home.

Major League Football announced Thursday, two days after Manatee County Commission approved an economic incentive package, that it may locate its headquarters and training facilities in Lakewood Ranch.

"It's accelerating our focus to finish off," Frank Murtha, senior executive vice president for Major League Football, said Friday. "It certainly is a giant step forward toward our ultimate decision in locating there."

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Sun May 24, 2015 1:07 am

Yeah, that won't happen.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:01 pm

MLFB stock is down to $0.48 a share.

Its most recent SEC filing says:

"As reflected in the accompanying unaudited financial statements, the Company had minimal revenues, and a net loss and net cash used in operating activities of $2,022,251 and $437,001 respectively, for the nine months ended January 31, 2015. Additionally, at January 31, 2015, the Company has minimal cash and has a working capital deficit of $1,009,857, an accumulated deficiency of $12,801,141 and a stockholders' deficiency of $1,008,757, which could have a material impact on the Company's financial condition and operations. As a result of the significant working capital deficit at January 31, 2015, the Company does not have sufficient cash resources or current assets to pay its obligations."

They apparently spent $187,000 or so on internet advertising of MLFB. Money well spent.

SWSAM
Site Admin

Post by SWSAM » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:13 am

Sounds like their internet marketing consisted of responding to an email from someone in Nigeria with $32 billion dollars waiting for them if they'd just send a wire for $187,000 cash.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:10 pm

Where the hell is Manatee County? Fla. I suppose due to the Manatees around So Fla.
And the Ranch? why that must be in New Mexico. Right,
Or is it in Tx? what do the Mexicans know about American Football. :)

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:55 pm

[quote=""DFWCC""]Where the hell is Manatee County? Fla. [/quote]

Bradenton/Sarasota.

LordBy2014
Site Admin

Mlfb

Post by LordBy2014 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:43 pm

So now that we know where Manatee County is . . . 2016 looks to be a wild year for alternative football leagues . . . or is it 2017??? :)

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:55 am

Every year will be like this until cities, vendors, sponsors, venue operators and sometimes the local press tells these people to (as was made so famous in that Tom Cruise film) "Show Me the Money!"
If cities and venues ask these people for the money up front, these dreamers, schemers and scammers will slink back into whatever slime they came from.
Didn't one of these leagues have the unmitigated gall to try to tell Birmingham to give them office space and a sweetheart deal for a stadium lease?
Some days it seems minor league sports have become the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:47 am

What about the sycophants and fanboys who latch onto each whisper of a new league and breathlessly pound said league's Facebook pages with "Any news? Are you going to put a team here, there and there? When is the schedule coming out? How can I get a job?"

I'm waiting for all of these people to start recognizing the pattern.

Evad
Site Admin

Post by Evad » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:16 pm

[quote=""Sam Hill""]What about the sycophants and fanboys who latch onto each whisper of a new league and breathlessly pound said league's Facebook pages with "Any news? Are you going to put a team here, there and there? When is the schedule coming out? How can I get a job?"

I'm waiting for all of these people to start recognizing the pattern.[/quote]

You are always gonna have fanboys it's the nature of this site. I'll admit I've been one once or twice...OK more than that, but I'm not gonna count. :-) Anyway, I think people do recognize the pattern but there are those out there that want nothing to do with the big leagues and hope one of these fly by night leagues takes off so they can say "I was there at the beginning"

Just my two cents. We are all rooting for the underdog, just some of us start foaming at the mouth and others have to administer the shots to calm them down.

And on that note...Press conference today at 4 East Coast time...lets see what happens.

And yes I asked the question about the footballs in the picture...Was that to "fanboy" of me? :-)

https://www.facebook.com/majorleaguefoo ... 23/?type=1

Return to “General Football”