(San) Quentin Townsend

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
ABARedWhiteBlue
Site Admin

(San) Quentin Townsend

Post by ABARedWhiteBlue » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:52 am

An update on a prominent figure from the glory years of the reign of the Kitchen Czar (per a post from Chris Munson):
For those who followed the antics of the ABA and Quintin Townsend; Townsend was convicted today of multiple counts of fraud and sentenced to ten years in prison plus 30 years probation. This is a story I worked on some years ago and reflects the state of minor league basketball.
Proud to be "Mean-spirited blogger #10K" ;)
And we believe it is better to have critics and people who care than not to have interest at all. Joe Newman 6/30/05
I never said the ABA had the greatest numbers regarding retention of teams. OldSchoolBaller (neither did we :rolleyes: )
The ABA has tarnished minor league professional basketball throughout this country Ed Krinsky 2/15/06
We are now making some adjustments to our schedule - Joe Newman 10/9/08 in perpetuity

carterpatterson
Site Admin

Post by carterpatterson » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:45 pm

[quote=""ABARedWhiteBlue""]An update on a prominent figure from the glory years of the reign of the Kitchen Czar (per a post from Chris Munson):[/quote]

Its been a long time since my last post. After 7 years, Quentin Townsend is now officially a convicted felon. He continued to lie to the world even during his sentencing. He will have 10 years to think about his actions and hopefully come out of it a changed man.

As for me, I learned that I am much better at running a software company than a basketball team.

For every Alex Wolff, there are a thousand Carter Pattersons. I had a lot of fun, but there were never any profits in sight. If you want to run an ABA franchise, just know that you should treat it as an expensive hobby. There are cheaper hobbies to have such as race horses or flying jet airplanes or paying Russia to fly you to the Space Station.
Carter Patterson
The Atlanta Vision - http://www.atlvision.com

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:45 pm

Carter, great to hear from you. I'm sorry to see how this all turned out.

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:01 pm

Carter - Thanks for coming on here and participating. The Quentin Townsend emergence into basketball was one of the more peculiar events/frauds in ABA and D-League history. I wish you the best and appreciate you trying to be involved in minor league ball.

........and ABARWB. The Title of the thread (San) Quentin Townsend made me laugh, that was a good one. While not a funny situation, it was a good title.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

The Sweeper
Site Admin

Post by The Sweeper » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:19 am

[quote=""carterpatterson""]Its been a long time since my last post. After 7 years, Quentin Townsend is now officially a convicted felon. He continued to lie to the world even during his sentencing. He will have 10 years to think about his actions and hopefully come out of it a changed man.

As for me, I learned that I am much better at running a software company than a basketball team.

For every Alex Wolff, there are a thousand Carter Pattersons. I had a lot of fun, but there were never any profits in sight. If you want to run an ABA franchise, just know that you should treat it as an expensive hobby. There are cheaper hobbies to have such as race horses or flying jet airplanes or paying Russia to fly you to the Space Station.[/quote]

Good to see the "wet mouse" is still around. Hope all is well, my friend.
Mean Spirited Blogger #37

Honored to have been the 13th player for the Vermont Frost Heaves game on 2-16-07 against the Maryland Nighthawks.

The ABA is the basketball equivalent of Amp'd Mobile.

Return to “ABA”