Saginaw Sting to AIF

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Saginaw Sting to AIF

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:22 pm

Thoughts, anyone?
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded 1908.
The First and Always The Finest

DCAbloob
Site Admin

Post by DCAbloob » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:16 pm

[quote=""Trish_lvs_Baltimore""]Thoughts, anyone?[/quote]

I'm surprised that it didn't go PIFL. Maybe Saginaw couldn't afford the added expenses of that league after subsidizing the CIFL for so long. At any rate, the Sting are a quality pickup for the AIF that needed one after the departure of Cape Fear.

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:39 pm

The PIFL's high expenses is, perhaps, the only reason that Cape Fear didn't join that league also. Geographically, it would've made perfect sense, but I guess it wasn't meant to be...

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:15 pm

Saginaw and Cape Fear both had opportunities with the PIFL and both chose to go a different direction. Yes, stability does come at a cost, the PIFL does cost more than the X-League or the AIF, but the PIFL is also substantially less than the IFL. Based upon Saginaw's and Cape Fear's decisions, I would suggest that both traded in one set of headaches in for another set of headaches. Sometimes, you get what you are willing to pay for.

Trish_lvs_Baltimore
Site Admin

Post by Trish_lvs_Baltimore » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:00 pm

^^good points, Vinny....

firehawk5
Site Admin

Post by firehawk5 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:23 pm

Maybe Saginaw just wanted an easy league to win a title in.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:59 pm

I had thought about the win the league scenario too but I am hearing that there were interested in a package deal where they could bring other teams along with them, Chicago and Northern Kentucky, they have been shopping multiple leagues with this scenario so it looks like playing partners is more important to them than the easy path to a championship.

firehawk5
Site Admin

Post by firehawk5 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:15 pm

[quote=""VinnyTheViper""]I had thought about the win the league scenario too but I am hearing that there were interested in a package deal where they could bring other teams along with them, Chicago and Northern Kentucky, they have been shopping multiple leagues with this scenario so it looks like playing partners is more important to them than the easy path to a championship.[/quote]

Thanks for the insite Vinny, I saw Chicago has been removed from the X-league site, so maybe you're correct about them following to the AIF.

amack93
Site Admin

Post by amack93 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:11 pm

[quote=""VinnyTheViper""]I had thought about the win the league scenario too but I am hearing that there were interested in a package deal where they could bring other teams along with them, Chicago and Northern Kentucky, they have been shopping multiple leagues with this scenario so it looks like playing partners is more important to them than the easy path to a championship.[/quote]

Is there any chance of Detroit, Port Huron, or a possible team in Flint a part of these discussions? According the Port Huron Times-Herald, the Patriots were believed to playing next year. McMorran Arena does not have a minor league hockey this year, so the Patriots would have basically only have concerts to fight with for good arena dates. Could the Patoits survive in AIF?

http://www.thetimesherald.com/story/spo ... /15604633/

DCAbloob
Site Admin

Post by DCAbloob » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:35 pm

[quote=""firehawk5""]Thanks for the insite Vinny, I saw Chicago has been removed from the X-league site, so maybe you're correct about them following to the AIF.[/quote]

He is correct. The Chicago Blitz have now been officially announced for the AIF.
https://www.facebook.com/AIFProFootball ... 84/?type=1

Return to “AIF”