EBA takes jab at ABA

Post by SK10171996 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:42 am

On the Eastern Basketball Alliance's site, they have this:

As an EBA member team,
you don't have to put up with the nonsense of:

*Being the only team in your division
*Playing one team more than twice during the regular season
*Travelling over 4 hours to play a game
(Teams located to ensure convenient travel)
*Walk-Over games
*No shows for scheduled games
(Scheduled games are played games)

Less is NOT better!!
It's better to be with the best...
Become an EBA Member!

http://www.easternbasketballalliance.com/team/

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:50 am

Sorry, for the EBA to be taking jabs at the ABA is like shooting fish in a barrel (and we're talking really big fish in a very small barrel).

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:16 pm

It's like beating up on a special needs kid.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

SK10171996
Site Admin

Post by SK10171996 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:46 pm

Oh I agree...I have nothing to do with the EBA..just didnt know if anyone had seen that..

turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:05 pm

In 2012-13 the EBA scheduled 33 games of which five were played as scheduled, two were forfeited (by the Bad News Ballers), 10 were rescheduled (seven – new dates, three – new teams), 11 were cancelled outright and five remained on the schedule with no information as to outcome or status. Of those 10 rescheduled games, eight were played, one cancelled and the last had no status update. Additionally, seven games were added to the schedule: four were played, one forfeited (by the NJ Bullets), one cancelled and one with no status update. All told 17 games were played (or at least reported as played) and three were forfeited out of 40 games, or 42% played.

They had a slightly better year in 2013-14 with 32 games originally scheduled, of which 13 were played, three forfeited (two by Philadelphia, one by Diamond City), four were rescheduled (three - new team, one - new team) and 11 were cancelled. Of the four rescheduled, three were played and the other was cancelled. Four more games were added with three played and one forfeited (Philadelphia.) Two playoff games were scheduled and played. Their percent played was 55% (21 out of 38.) Also of note was a road game played by the Atlanta Purple Lightning in which they lost to an unnamed team (and was listed as such on the EBA site.) It took me months to track down the home team: the Newport News Nighthawks of the NABDLA.

So, as to their point of No shows for scheduled games (Scheduled games are played games), of the 65 games scheduled over two years, only 18 were played as intended. Apparently they assumed no one was paying attention. And while this doesn't excuse the ABA for their lack of professionalism, it does point out that you might want to get your house in order before you open your mouth to criticize your competition.
Last edited by turbocamyes on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Dumb ass spelling mistake.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:00 pm

[quote=""turbocamyes""]In 2012-13 the EBA scheduled 33 games of which five were played as scheduled, two were forfeited (by the Bad News Ballers), 10 were rescheduled (seven – new dates, three – new teams), 11 were cancelled outright and five remained on the schedule with no information as to outcome or status. Of those 10 rescheduled games, eight were played, one cancelled and the last had no status update. Additionally, seven games were added to the schedule: four were played, one forfeited (by the NJ Bullets), one cancelled and one with no status update. All told 17 games were played (or at least reported as played) and three were forfeited out of 40 games, or 42% played.

They had a slightly better year in 2013-14 with 32 games originally scheduled, of which 13 were played, three forfeited (two by Philadelphia, one by Diamond City), four were rescheduled (three - new team, one - new team) and 11 were cancelled. Of the four rescheduled, three were played and the other was cancelled. Four more games were added with three played and one forfeited (Philadelphia.) Two playoff games were scheduled and played. There percent played was 55% (21 out of 38.) Also of note was a road game played by the Atlanta Purple Lightning in which they lost to an unnamed team (and was listed as such on the EBA site.) It took me months to track down the home team: the Newport News Nighthawks of the NABDLA.

So, as to their point of No shows for scheduled games (Scheduled games are played games), of the 65 games scheduled over two years, only 18 were played as intended. Apparently they assumed no one was paying attention. And while this doesn't excuse the ABA for their lack of professionalism, it does point out that you might want to get your house in order before you open your mouth to criticize your competition.[/quote]
Sounds like "Pot, kettle. Kettle, pot."

turbocamyes
Site Admin

Post by turbocamyes » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:41 pm

[quote=""nksports""]Sounds like "Pot, kettle. Kettle, pot."[/quote]

Well said.

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:10 pm

If I'm correct, outside of the NBA D-League, the Florida Basketball Association, the Central Basketball Association and the Tobacco Road Basketball League are the only leagues that actually played 100% of their schedule games AS SCHEDULED for 3 years straight.

Yet we (the FBA) aren't covered on here with a separate forum, because...well...it's run by me! SMH...

I know I know...I'm the crazy guy detached from reality. On to year 4 we go!
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

Paul S
Site Admin

Post by Paul S » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:25 pm

NBL Canada also played all there games that were scheduled, but your point is valid.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

zeke41
Site Admin

Post by zeke41 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:01 pm

[quote=""Paul S""]NBL Canada also played all there games that were scheduled, but your point is valid.[/quote]

I think it's appropriate to separate them from being minor league these days though. They are in Canada completely now. Don't you think?
http://www.thecrossoverbasketball.com
http://www.flighthoops.com
http://www.iamsecond.com

"What do your daily actions say about the pursuit of your dreams?"

"Our Dreams are the roadmap that God uses to get us to where He intends for us to be!"

"When I stand before God at the end of my life
I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
--- Psalm 37:4

Return to “ABA”