Erie to PIFL... What about

The Professional Indoor Football League (PIFL) forum
DFWCC
Site Admin

Erie to PIFL... What about

Post by DFWCC » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:35 pm

With the (soon to be) demise of the C I F L.
I strongly suspect Erie will be moving to the P I F L.
Nothing official of course. We'll wait on that.

What about Saginaw? The only other viable team from the C I F L.
Think Sags will try to go somewhere.
Do they head to the I F L or venture to the C P F L.
No sure on the letters there.

Anyone hearing anything out there?

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:10 pm

There is much more to this story but I can make no comments until the PIFL makes its official announcement on its 2015 roster of teams. I think it is fair to say that Saginaw has to be scrambling to find a league at this point. The IFL is definitely not an option for Saginaw, the cost structure of the IFL is higher than the PIFL and the PIFL cost structure is higher than the CIFL was. Additionally, the IFL has already released its schedule, it would be costly at this point to rework a different schedule for the league. Realistic options for Saginaw would probably be the PIFL, CIF, AIF, X-League at this point, the bad thing is that none of the leagues is a real great fit for Saginaw in terms of geographical proximity to other teams. Saginaw could be conceivably just left out in the cold, or at a minimum, forced to accept a less than advantageous league in order to keep on playing. Saginaw has certainly had the opportunity to join a league, and for whatever reason, it has not happened to this point. Marion could also possibly end up somewhere, but it will not be the PIFL, since their building would not meet PIFL standards, roof height/clearance issues, I would expect AIF or X-League as a landing spot for the Blue Racers.

To my knowledge, the PIFL has extended offers to three existing teams this off season for application to the league, one of these three accepted an offer to a different league, one has apparently accepted the PIFL's offer, and the other seems to be adrift in some celestial black hole.
Last edited by VinnyTheViper on Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:52 pm

Its a shame for Saggy.
Saggy is a good sports town and has some great fans.

Much anticipation for the upcoming Erie Explosion media bash.

Vinny, your full of knowledge and if Ol' Nitro ever gets to meet you
I'll buy the 1st one. :)

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:48 am

Now that Robby Incmikoski of Root Sports in Pittsburgh has made reference to Erie's plans for 2015, I can confirm that his report is accurate, Erie will be moving to the PIFL in 2015.

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:47 pm

wohoo! This is certainly good news.
Now its in the open.
I believe our official media press is Oct 12th.

I've been leaning the P I F L way for about the last 6 mos or so.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:15 pm

The Erie Explosion have announced that they will hold a press conference on Monday, October 13, 2014 to announce the details of their 2015 season including schedule. Press conference to be at Erie Insurance Arena, time is TBD.

firehawk5
Site Admin

Post by firehawk5 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:20 pm

Is the Fire franchise officially dead or just for sale? I haven't heard much about their fate, but judging by the lack of transactions I assume they are no longer in the league?

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:38 am

The GA Fire is dead. Definitely not coming back.

VinnyTheViper
Site Admin

Post by VinnyTheViper » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:20 pm

Looks like 8 teams is the final number, PIFL to release 2015 schedule on Monday, October 13, 2014.

Minor League Man
Site Admin

Post by Minor League Man » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:27 pm

[quote=""VinnyTheViper""]Looks like 8 teams is the final number, PIFL to release 2015 schedule on Monday, October 13, 2014.[/quote]

Well, I hope Saginaw's happy wherever they end up...I can't believe they blew this opportunity!
Proud to be a veteran of these boards for the last 5 years...

Return to “PIFL”