another week, another cancelled game!

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Wed May 28, 2014 1:49 pm

That's basicaly my point.
Baltimore is a major metro area and deserves the best.
They should not be in the PIFL, IFL, or CIFL but the AFL.
The Kicker is the big bucks needed.
It all comes down to some one with deep pockets to get
the ball rolling.
Minor League leagues do not belong in Major League cities.
Fans who have the best, Orieles & Ravens want the best.

JeffCapo
Site Admin

Post by JeffCapo » Thu May 29, 2014 12:07 am

“Official release by Front Office of The Baltimore Mariners”
The Baltimore Mariners are apologizing to fans and supporters after a joint press release from the American Indoor Football league and the Baltimore Mariners announced the remaining two Mariners’ home games, set to be held at the Baltimore Arena, would be cancelled. While the details of the AIF’s plans to move forward with an early end to the season are accurate, the Baltimore Mariners say the joint statement may have led to misconceptions regarding the reasons for the game cancellations in the first place.
The Mariners’ administration has restrained from making an official statement, under the advisement of the AIF, until all details regarding the season were solidified with all parties involved.
According to the Mariners, the team and the Baltimore Arena were not in a dispute, as previously worded in the original announcement. The decision to cancel the remaining home games was a mutual one between both stakeholders due to shortcomings in the Mariners’ financial situation.
“I and all of my staff have the utmost respect for Mr. Frank Remesch and the entire Baltimore Arena staff,” Tom Conserette, Owner/CEO of the Baltimore Mariners, said. “Mr. Remesch has often gone above and beyond to help us succeed. We, the front office, accept full responsibility for what has transpired and I commend the arena personnel for all they have done for us in this trying first year of business.”
At this time, the Mariners are concentrating on the playoffs and finishing out the 2014 season with a championship. The organization has assembled a top notch coaching staff and a roster of players that is second to none. The Mariners want to stress the team’s and the AIF’s dedication and hard work through the adversity they’ve endured this season.
“Our staff and players, with the aid of the AIF, have proven their devotion to providing a family-oriented entertainment experience for the Baltimore community,” Conserette said. “We want to thank the AIF for their help moving forward. The league’s front office has been very helpful with strategies to navigate this difficult first year. We look forward to continuing to work with them as we finish the 2014 season.”
The Mariners’ front office acknowledges both the mistakes and milestones they’ve made, as most first year businesses experience. The organization’s focus now is getting the team prepared for the playoffs and making a run to bring the AIF Championship back to Baltimore.
For more information regarding the Baltimore Mariners, the AIF or the remainder of the AIF season, please contact Tom Conserette directly at tomc@baltimore-mariners.com or by visiting the Mariners’ website and Facebook page. The Mariners want to thank you for your continued support
Jeffrey T. Capo

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Thu May 29, 2014 12:36 am

Well Jeff,
Good luck and hope you return next year.

JeffCapo
Site Admin

Post by JeffCapo » Thu May 29, 2014 2:40 pm

[quote=""DFWCC""]Well Jeff,
Good luck and hope you return next year.[/quote]

I am not with the Mariners, just reposting what they posted on Facebook.
Jeffrey T. Capo

NTE
Site Admin

Post by NTE » Fri May 30, 2014 12:11 pm

[quote=""DFWCC""]I beilieve the Balto area should go AFL. They are too large for a minor league team. Balto is a major league city and needs to be in the best.
The problem is a sugar daddy is needed to put the bucks out, anything less and it doesn't work.
That said however, a minor league team could exist with the proper $$$
backing. Because of the sour taste currently amoung the Marineer fans another minor team would be tough.
A new start is needed in a stable league. After a $3 to 5 million loss the 1st couple yrs I can see Baltimore drawing an average 10 to 12 thou a game in the AFL.
That is where Baltomore belongs.[/quote]

BIG PROBLEM... Crappy 50 year old dump of an arena! I've been to Mariners games, the AIFA Bowl in 2010 drew over 7000 fans, even the preseason game this year drew between 2000-3000! For this crappy product! I'm sure with a decent venue, an AFL team would draw fans, maybe if someone like Ray Lewis stepped up and was a partner and face of the ownership group? Or Jonathan Ogden, his brother actually played for the Mariners for a couple years. It's a football town, I'm sure there would be a following.
Last edited by NTE on Fri May 30, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “AIF”