Free game???

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
JeffCapo
Site Admin

Free game???

Post by JeffCapo » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:00 pm

From the Baltimore Mariners Facebook page:

Hey mariner fans, here's some important information about this weekends game.
Due to some circumstances beyond anyone's control this weekends game in Rochester has been moved.
We will still be playing the Raiders but the game will now be played at the York Ice Arena in York, PA on Saturday afternoon instead of Friday night. Kickoff is scheduled for 1pm and admission is free.

So, how are they making money by not charging admission?? Also why is the game not in Rochester?? wow.
Jeffrey T. Capo

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:31 pm

The Raiders didn't get their turf on time. How in the world does this happen?
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sto ... d/7265695/

black dog
Site Admin

Post by black dog » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:20 pm

Just as it appeared that the CIFL was getting a firm grasp on the "Crappy League of the Year Award" the AIF comes roaring back.

NTE
Site Admin

Post by NTE » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:56 pm

How do they expect to survive?

Out of curiosity, what do they pay the players? I saw some pictures from that game, they where probably lucky if they had 100 fans in that tiny little arena? It was shocking to me, I went to the Mariners preseason game and there where about 3000+ fans there, And the tickets where $20, so you figure they had ticket revenue of $60000+. How does the York team survive? I played in rec leagues that had more 'fans' watching in my time.

black dog
Site Admin

Post by black dog » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:14 am

[quote=""NTE""]How do they expect to survive?

Out of curiosity, what do they pay the players? I saw some pictures from that game, they where probably lucky if they had 100 fans in that tiny little arena? It was shocking to me, I went to the Mariners preseason game and there where about 3000+ fans there, And the tickets where $20, so you figure they had ticket revenue of $60000+. How does the York team survive? I played in rec leagues that had more 'fans' watching in my time.[/quote]

I'm guessing that the pics you saw were of the Rochester/Balt game.They may have had 100 people since it was two out of town teams playing at a neutral site. York played later that night and probably had more fans at the game.I went to the Hbg/York game there last year and they had a decent crowd. Having said that, the capacity of the York Ice Arena for indoor football can't be more then 800- 1,000. I don't know how the York team survives, how does the AIF keep surviving?

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:23 am

[quote=""black dog""]how does the AIF keep surviving?[/quote]

As P.T. Barnum once said, there's a sucker born every day.

50 Yard Fan
Site Admin

Post by 50 Yard Fan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:43 am

[quote=""NTE""] I saw some pictures from that game, they where probably lucky if they had 100 fans in that tiny little arena? [/quote]

Where did you see the pictures, I am trying to find some from this game.
Thanks

DFWCC
Site Admin

Post by DFWCC » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:46 pm

25yds of Rochester's rug got sent to Detroit (CIFL) for Erie's game there.
What a Rosco fiasco that was. Detroit never said nothing to Erie until the
Erie Explosion showed up at the arena ready to play.

And "oh, by the way" we only have 25yds of turf.
The Detroit owner should be booted out.

NTE
Site Admin

Post by NTE » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:59 pm

[quote=""50 Yard Fan""]Where did you see the pictures, I am trying to find some from this game.
Thanks[/quote]

Mariners Facebook Page, some fans posted them.

NTE
Site Admin

Post by NTE » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:01 pm

[quote=""nksports""]As P.T. Barnum once said, there's a sucker born every day.[/quote]

Really, who are the suckers? If the fans enjoy watching and tickets are only $20, why not? As for the players, they have to know that they are nothing but glorified rec league players who have just about a zero chance of actually making a real living from this, so unless they are delusional, they are playing just for ego or fun, so I don't feel sorry for them if they don't get paid.

Return to “AIF”