The ABA "Megaconference" coming to Las Vegas

The American Basketball Association (ABA) forum
Paul S
Site Admin

The ABA "Megaconference" coming to Las Vegas

Post by Paul S » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:23 pm

http://www.abalive.com/aba-announces-me ... las-vegas/

"The ABA has had many league meetings,” said Joe Newman, ABA CEO. “But in our 13 years, we’ve never had one on the scale as the ABA Mega Conference. The program put together by Co-Chairman Christy Lancaster, owner of the Inland Empire Invaders, and Al Smith, owner of the Orange County Novastars, far exceeds anything we’ve ever attempted before. It will be a truly amazing four days on and off the court.”

May 29th - June 1st.

I actually might go out to Vegas to see this event myself. The ABA has a unique way of making the mundane turn hilarious.
Last edited by Paul S on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mean Spirited Blogger Number 14

"If games are missed, it hurts no one" ...... ABA CEO Joe Newman 2/9/09

Due to numerous threats of legal action from certain people.......all of the above is my opinion only and it should be noted that I have never invested in the ABA. It is simply one mans opinion.

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:20 pm

See, it's funny because it's bigger than a regular conference.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

Anonymous Spectator
Site Admin

Post by Anonymous Spectator » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:03 pm

[quote=""Paul S""]http://www.abalive.com/aba-announces-me ... las-vegas/[/quote]

That announcement was posted by "Buddy Walker". He's credible. LMAO.

I may attend. Surely I could pick up a job as an owner, player, dancer or cheerleader, or better yet KW...as an intern.

Anonymous Spectator
Site Admin

ABA Megaconference is nothing new

Post by Anonymous Spectator » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:46 pm

There have been XI annual ABA Megaconferences. Look it up.

"American Bar Association (ABA) Transportation Megaconference"

Maybe Joe can sue the American Bar Association for infringement...

mateinsixtynine
Site Admin

Post by mateinsixtynine » Sat May 31, 2014 3:50 pm

SK10171996
Site Admin

Post by SK10171996 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:29 pm

There has been ZERO mention of this here in Las Vegas.

nksports
Site Admin

Post by nksports » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:47 pm

[quote=""SK10171996""]There has been ZERO mention of this here in Las Vegas.[/quote]

But this is the biggest thing to happen to Vegas since the mob turned it from a sleepy little backwater to the entertainment capitol of the world.

BRIDGEPORT BLUES
Site Admin

Post by BRIDGEPORT BLUES » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:37 am

A Google search yielded this link to purchase tickets:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/aba-mega-b ... 9949664715

There is a substantial listing of different packages to purchase, including tickets, access to executives, and even entry into a dunk contest. Of course, that is if you can get tickets...
"Sorry, It appears our event may be at full capacity. Please contact us directly and we will work our hardest to find room for you to attend this valuable conference."
So apparently it's sold out. Wait, or maybe… if they work really really really hard… But isn't it already over?

Next are the full "Event Details", posted here complete with grammatical errors and misspellings… My comments are also interspersed below.
"THE ABA MEGA CONFERENCE IS THE CONFERENCE OF A LIFETIME!
This conference has been designed to provide priceless networking opportunities, build long lasting relationships between team owners, general managers and sponsors all needing to engage in business and expand their product or service. This conference was also created with the intention to help players, dancers and staff understsand their key roles to sustaining a powerful organization such their teams that are part of the ABA (American Basketball Association).
So teams should spend all this money so their dancers can understand (I mean 'understsand') their roles on the team, which is now a 'powerful organization'? I won't even go into the grammar…
AFFORDABLE SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE WITHOUT THE 5 YEAR WAIT UNLIKE OTHER SPORTS LEAGUES!
There's a five-year wait to sponsor other sports teams in competing leagues? I thought I could just, uh, pay the money and get my ads displayed...
The ABA is the LARGEST basketball organization in the United States with over 90 professional teams to date.
"To date"? Meaning since the formation of the league, or currently? BIG difference.
Many know the history of the ABA but for those who don't check this out!!
The ABA has been around since the 1960's. In the late 70's there was a merger between the ABA and the NBA. Many have been quoted saying "There would be no NBA without the ABA" this has proven true for many years considering many of the practices that make basketball fun and exciting are those plays introduced by the ABA such as the 3 point play, the dunk contest, All-Star competition, faster pace of play and most important the recruitment of underclassman.
First of all… there would be no NBA without the ABA? Hmm… which league was founded first? I thought so. And who exactly was quoted saying that?

Also, I thought Joe Newman said the (nonexistent) draft was specifically designed to make sure that "education trumps basketball", and thus, shouldn't be recruiting underclassm(e)n. I know this is a different ABA, but… wait a second… this isn't the same ABA! D'oh!
The ABA is the premiere basketball organization providing opportunities for 1000's of players each year. They have also made their mark being the largest organization to promote minority and women owners throughout the organization. What many have thought of as a man dominated sport is no longer the case thanks to the forward thinking ABA.
THE ABA IS PRO-COMMUNITY WHICH MAKE OWNERSHIP ENJOYABLE AND SUCCESSFUL!
During the conference you can get valuable information on how to break into the Sports Management industry particulary the ABA. We are very excited to announce the CEO will be present at this conference and there will be a special panel discussion for those interested in joining the ABA family without spending millions. Sports and Entertainment is the #1 industry in the WORLD. Where are you investing your money?
"The CEO". Does he have a name?
YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS THIS EVENT! INCREASE YOUR REVENUE NOW!

This years conference is proudly being hosted by the Inland Empire Invaders and Orange County Novastars of the Southern California Region. Come have fun with us in Las Vegas. We can't wait to see you!
Have questions about ABA MEGA BASKETBALL CONFERENCE? Contact Inland Empire Invaders"

Sam Hill
Site Admin

Post by Sam Hill » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:14 pm

The "there would be no NBA without the ABA" canard is one that is oft-repeated and which has no basis in fact.

The NBA was around for 20 years prior to the establishment of the ABA and it has been 38 years since the merger of four teams into the older league.

The ABA's INFLUENCE on professional basketball was certainly impressive. Its style of play, its gimmicks, its ethos all changed the game for the better.

Of course, THAT ABA is not THIS ABA, no matter what the Spare Bedroom CEO would like you to believe.

I cannot fathom how we are still talking about this dumpster fire of a league almost 14 years later.
Old enough to remember when bashing the ABA was fun.

SK10171996
Site Admin

Post by SK10171996 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:28 pm

[quote=""Sam Hill""]See, it's funny because it's bigger than a regular conference.[/quote]

Doesn't this seem too much like Will Ferrell's "Mega Bowl" in that cheesy movie SEMI PRO?

Return to “ABA”