The creation of the PIFL

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:46 pm

Yeah, I'm confused. I just went through their site and I have no idea where you came up with the college campus? Is there something I'm missing?

This is the real deal, I know the gentlemen that have put this together, and I know that there are some high quality teams from various leagues that have inquired about the league.

There is a TON of indoor experience behind this effort, and I'm wishing the PIFL the best. It can only be good for fans like me that want to see indoor football succeed.

BarbaraPatterson
Site Admin

Post by BarbaraPatterson » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:09 pm

yellowpages wrote:Not sure where you got the address but, it is not a college campus. Nice try though. ;)
You better check more carefully. The domain is registered to

Registrant:
Jerry, Hewitt
1511 Poly Drive
Billings, MT 59102
US

Domain name: PIFLFOOTBALL.COM

Below is the address for the registry, which also is the address for Rocky Mountain College: http://www.rocky.edu/index.php?type=directory

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:18 pm

Jerry was stationed there briefly. He's now in Texas, and at some point will be in Las Vegas.

I can tell you where he used to live, as well. But many people that've been around the indoor football world for the last 5 or so years know that already.

Not trying to sound snippety, but if you want to know, just ask!

BarbaraPatterson
Site Admin

Post by BarbaraPatterson » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:23 pm

fwp wrote:Jerry was stationed there briefly. He's now in Texas, and at some point will be in Las Vegas.

I can tell you where he used to live, as well. But many people that've been around the indoor football world for the last 5 or so years know that already.

Not trying to sound snippety, but if you want to know, just ask!
Not trying to sound snippety either, but the domain name was just registered.

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 17-Apr-2006.
Record expires on 17-Apr-2007.
Record created on 17-Apr-2006.

Anotherwords, the address on file for the domain is a college campus. In one breath you claim "I have no idea where you came up with the college campus?", and then minutes later go, oh yeah.. but now he's in Texas, even though the domain name was just recorded.

All I stated was that the business is registered at a college address, just stating a fact.

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:29 pm

His move to Texas happened just this last weekend, this is where his partner is located. Jerry has built a lot of websites over the years, one of the things he's done, and done well.

I knew he was in Billings over most of the last year, but I didn't look up the domain. He is a former employee of the NIFL, and knows indoor football inside out. His partner also has a wealth of experience, and they've had their ears bent by some of the best.

They've seen what works and what doesn't work. They know many of the things that solid, stable franchises are looking for, and think they can deliver. I think they have a great chance for success.

yellowpages
Site Admin

Post by yellowpages » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:36 pm

Ms. Patterson

Yes, you are right. Hewitt is semi-retired and travels a lot. He used his son as his permanent address and that is where the domain registration comes from. His son has recently graduated from Rocky Mountain College. It is simply the address used for the domain. It is not the business address.

The PIFL operations are actually located in Texas. Future intent is to move the majority of the operations to Las Vegas.

If there is any other information that I might be able to research for you, I'd be glad to do so. :)

BarbaraPatterson
Site Admin

Post by BarbaraPatterson » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:36 pm

fwp wrote:His move to Texas happened just this last weekend, this is where his partner is located. Jerry has built a lot of websites over the years, one of the things he's done, and done well.

I knew he was in Billings over most of the last year, but I didn't look up the domain. He is a former employee of the NIFL, and knows indoor football inside out. His partner also has a wealth of experience, and they've had their ears bent by some of the best.

They've seen what works and what doesn't work. They know many of the things that solid, stable franchises are looking for, and think they can deliver. I think they have a great chance for success.
Then I wish the well. My consern, not knowing Jerry, is that to many people are seeing the sales of these leagues, (AIFL, NAFL as examples) and think that they can startup a league and cash out in a few years. Not fully understanding the full startup costs, or the legalities involved with running, and starting a league.

I hope thats not the case but I think over the next couple of years, you will see 6 new leagues formed. We already have the EIFL and PIFL started this year, and the season isnt even over.

fwp
Site Admin

Post by fwp » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:41 pm

BarbaraPatterson wrote:Then I wish the well. My consern, not knowing Jerry, is that to many people are seeing the sales of these leagues, (AIFL, NAFL as examples) and think that they can startup a league and cash out in a few years. Not fully understanding the full startup costs, or the legalities involved with running, and starting a league.

I hope thats not the case but I think over the next couple of years, you will see 6 new leagues formed. We already have the EIFL and PIFL started this year, and the season isnt even over.

People that research these leagues will know what's legitimate and what's not. That was actually behind the creation of the PIFL.

Stable and solid ownership groups will know this..........hopefully.

outside source
Site Admin

Post by outside source » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:58 pm

BarbaraPatterson wrote:Then I wish the well. My consern, not knowing Jerry, is that to many people are seeing the sales of these leagues, (AIFL, NAFL as examples) and think that they can startup a league and cash out in a few years. Not fully understanding the full startup costs, or the legalities involved with running, and starting a league.

Barbara, if I may call you that. You're right, you don't know me and you are also right on maybe some getting in for a fast buck. I'm not going to sit here and say that my partner and I don't stand a chance of doing very well financially with the PIFL, but there again the idea of any business is not to go broke.

Money to some degree to both of us is secondary. Our motivation is we want to build a league, build it right and give quality teams a home they can be proud to live in.

I have been involved with the NIFL since before it was even announced. I have supported that league for over six years and still support some teams in it and the original concept that started it. I'm not here to bad mouth other leagues, but quite frankly mt partner and myself feel we can do a better job in providing teams, fans, players and sponsors with the kind of league they want.

I know this is just talk right now and talk is cheap and easy. The proof of our words and promises will come when PIFL teams begin setting up and playing. It is then that those who rightfully question us will either be proven right or wrong.

BarbaraPatterson
Site Admin

Post by BarbaraPatterson » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:10 am

outside source wrote:Barbara, if I may call you that. You're right, you don't know me and you are also right on maybe some getting in for a fast buck. I'm not going to sit here and say that my partner and I don't stand a chance of doing very well financially with the PIFL, but there again the idea of any business is not to go broke.

Money to some degree to both of us is secondary. Our motivation is we want to build a league, build it right and give quality teams a home they can be proud to live in.

I have been involved with the NIFL since before it was even announced. I have supported that league for over six years and still support some teams in it and the original concept that started it. I'm not here to bad mouth other leagues, but quite frankly mt partner and myself feel we can do a better job in providing teams, fans, players and sponsors with the kind of league they want.

I know this is just talk right now and talk is cheap and easy. The proof of our words and promises will come when PIFL teams begin setting up and playing. It is then that those who rightfully question us will either be proven right or wrong.
I hope for the investors in teams in your league, that you are very sincere and can back up what you say. I've seen way to many owners go bankrupt, or near bankrupt to keep their teams afloat due to broken promises from leagues and former owners, only to be bad mouthed in the press and forums.

It takes real money to start a team and keep it going, over $100,000 just to begin due to costs of equipment, turf, insurance etc. While owning a football team is a status for some people, others get into them as a business, expecting repayment years down the road. Far to many times teams are sold to bail out the leagues running them, only to have the new owners financially strapped for the same reason the league was. When that owner goes broke, they are again resold to someone else, and the whole time the owners bad mouthed for not having enough money.

Most owners of these teams are family people with small businesses of their own. Loosing $100,000 - $200,000 (yes, one team I hear of lost 200K this year) is real money to these people and at some point, money runs out and teams fold. If you want to seperate yourself from other leagues, do not sell teams to those that just cant afford to lose $100K.

Return to “Indoor/Arena Football”