Washington Eagles

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:29 pm

[quote=""coachrob6""]attack naw never that, thats your job, i'm not a fan of the AIF, but you'll never that, because i don't come on here and voice my opinion about it, like you guys. I find it funny that you preeth acuse someone of attacking someone, when that this AIF message forum is nothing but attacks on John Morris, AIF, and anyone who join the AIF. Now instead of you passing judgement on someone," man in mirror" :( [/quote]
Again, tell them why you believe they're wrong. Start there. You can't defend your right to state an opinion while at the same time ridiculing those who do the same.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:48 pm

[quote=""MSTEEPLE""]Here are the answers that you are looking for about the Washington Eagles. First we used the eagles name because we are trying to get some of the fans from the DC area to support us. We play in Laurel and the Skins play in Landover so why not try to tap into that market. The presidential seal has an eagle on it so we thought that would be a good idea. I paid someone myself to create the logo. The next thing is I do have the road jerseys that Mr. Morris had to cut down on some of our operating cost. I could come on here and lie but why, the eagles name is not on the jerseys and now we only have to get home jerseys. As Far as me being in charge of the AIF developmental league, all I have done is share what we have done to start the ICFL which I am a co-founder of. Ideas such as have teams come play in the arenas of AIF teams on game day and if a team needs a player to look at those guys first. Next as far as the Reapers go, all I did was coach. Some of you were under the impression that I had a bigger role with the team, but once again all I did was coach. Chuck Thompson was in charge of that team and sad to say screwed everyone. He didn’t pay me nothing, the players, the arena, or even the league all of their money.

See what kind of piss me off with some of you guys is you try to paint a picture that I take advantage of people but none of you know a thing about me. If you ask some of the reapers players, when they came to me and told me they didn’t get paid I hit the ATM and paid them out of my pocket. When we had a workout and Chuck didn’t have the money I paid for it or later when I went to reserve time for the ICFL in the Soccerhouse and found out that $600 of the team’s training camp bill was in my name and had to pay that. My self and Coach Holmes have spent in jerseys, field rental, practice time and website over $6000 for the Baltimore Vikings in the ICFL and only collected a grand total of $1000 from the guys with a 30 man roster.

When the guys told me they wanted to play again me and my boys put money up so we can make this work. I don’t do this to get rich I do this so these guys have a place to play and can show their talents and maybe one of them can continue their career on a higher level. For those who thought my partner was attacking people, sometimes you respond to people the way they come at you. He is not defending the AIF because he is not a part, he is defending me, the person he works with and has known since he coached against me in high school and knows that I am a stand up person. I don’t know the relationship some of you have with the owners of this league and it’s not my business. All I will tell you before you knock what the Washington Eagles are doing, get to know us personally then come up with your own conclusion.[/quote]
You've got to have a thick skin if you're going to continue to do this. If you see an inaccuracy, point it out and move on. I don't see that you were attacked in this thread or portrayed as the mastermind in any kind of scheme.

MSTEEPLE
Site Admin

Washington eagles

Post by MSTEEPLE » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:41 am

They asked me some questions so I answered them so what do I need thick skin for. I just wanted to make sure they had some facts so there won’t be any inaccuracies. As far as me being attacked I have been on this board long enough to see where these threads go. Next I am the master mind of a scheme to try and rip people off. All I did was state a few facts and try to show you and whoever else needs to know how I do my business.

FootInBallDoor
Site Admin

Post by FootInBallDoor » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:13 am

[quote=""MSTEEPLE""]See what kind of piss me off with some of you guys is you try to paint a picture that I take advantage of people but none of you know a thing about me. If you ask some of the reapers players, when they came to me and told me they didn’t get paid I hit the ATM and paid them out of my pocket. When we had a workout and Chuck didn’t have the money I paid for it or later when I went to reserve time for the ICFL in the Soccerhouse and found out that $600 of the team’s training camp bill was in my name and had to pay that. My self and Coach Holmes have spent in jerseys, field rental, practice time and website over $6000 for the Baltimore Vikings in the ICFL and only collected a grand total of $1000 from the guys with a 30 man roster.

When the guys told me they wanted to play again me and my boys put money up so we can make this work. I don’t do this to get rich I do this so these guys have a place to play and can show their talents and maybe one of them can continue their career on a higher level.[/quote]

Lots of respect for you for doing that. Hope things work out.
Go Amarillo Venom!

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:46 pm

Both of you, when you enter a forum painting everyone with the same broad brush and taking things personally that are simply meant to be statements of fact, you come across as the attackers. Look, if you see something inaccurate, just correct it, wish everyone the best and move on with your day. FWIW, if you're involved with an organization in a professional capacity, you really should present yourself professionally.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:50 pm

[quote=""MSTEEPLE""]They asked me some questions so I answered them so what do I need thick skin for. I just wanted to make sure they had some facts so there won’t be any inaccuracies. As far as me being attacked I have been on this board long enough to see where these threads go. Next I am the master mind of a scheme to try and rip people off. All I did was state a few facts and try to show you and whoever else needs to know how I do my business.[/quote]
You may have misunderstood my post, I DO NOT see that you were presented as the master mind, etc., just for the record.

Okay, here's a challenge for both of you. You both seem disappointed at your perception of "where these threads go," those about the AIF presumably. Can you point out the threads and tell us why you don't think they should have gone in a particular direction? What specifically has been unfair or inaccurate?

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:54 pm

[quote=""coachrob6""]good out,once again you falsely accuse me of doing something that this entire talk forum is about.
opinions are not right or wrong, they're a state of mind.[/quote]
Then lets remove this stumbling block of talking about opinions. Tell me the facts and why all the "haters" (your word) are mistaken.

MSTEEPLE
Site Admin

Washington eagles

Post by MSTEEPLE » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:04 pm

I just wanted to make it clear that the washington eagles have nothing to do with the eagles from last season. Like i said i have seen how these threads go. Just want to make sure that they have all the facts so i answered the questions. Last season when they talked about the reapers i was in bed with john morris. Also i was the head of a developmental league that didn't happen so i answered that question. Usually when i read these threads any one affiliated with john morris or the aif is involved in a master plan to fool the public. All i wanted to do is make it clear what i am about.

RevolutionX
Site Admin

Post by RevolutionX » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:40 pm

ok, just some observations here. Everything since the aifa reincarnation as the aif has been a lie. There are no professional standards for playing surfaces, game requirements and all teams are not are not held to the same standards or accountable. Last year, they advertised an promoted a cancun all star game, a two tier league , one being a developmental league. Neither of these ever happened. they used filler teams or "associate teams" just to have games with teams and the championship game was played with a defunct team with replacement player. There was a western conference, all teams folded or quit. The reapers themselves started as the force, used the fayetteville logo, them somehow turned into reapers, owned by a player, who didnt have a pot to piss in. Nobody doubts your commitment to the game and your knowledge as a coach and co-founder of the ICFL and now owner of the washington eagles of the aif. The league is junk from the top down for all the reason stated. Not to say anything personally about your intentions. I dont know how your gonna survive finacially. I give you all the credit for trying and giving the players an oppertunity,I know what it costs to run a team, uniforms, field and dashers, staff, insurance, workmans comp, travel costes , salaries for pro football (100-200 a game for 25) your looking at 100-150,00 for the season. Your arena seats, indoor soccer field, like 200 people, so you wont get alot in ticket sales. This is on the cheap. I hope John Morris didnt sell you a bill of goods and and you drank his cool aide. I wish you luck and all the success. I hope it all works out for you, but you are in the AIF, so your already behind the eight ball to start.
Last edited by RevolutionX on Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:37 pm

well said X, pretty much covers all bases

Return to “AIF”