Washington Eagles

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
DeeJay Kess
Site Admin

Washington Eagles

Post by DeeJay Kess » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:09 pm

I am seeing on the AIF website the mention of a team called Washington Eagles. I am assuming, of course, this means Washington DC, and not Wash. State! Also, I take it to mean these fellows will be playing/using the old jerseys & equipment of the (defunked) California Eagles. Would I be correct on this?

nksports
Site Admin

Tear the roof off the sucker

Post by nksports » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:40 pm

[quote=""DeeJay Kess""]Also, I take it to mean these fellows will be playing/using the old jerseys & equipment of the (defunked) California Eagles.[/quote]

They've been de-funked? Does that mean George Clinton and Parliament-Funkadelic All-Stars won't have anything to do with them?

FootInBallDoor
Site Admin

Post by FootInBallDoor » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:47 am

they'll be coached and owned by matthew steeple, who was the director of the non-existent AIF developmental league last year. Instead Steeple was the owner of the Baltimore Vikings ICFL team, the badgers owners also played in that league. the eagles will play at the arena that the maryland reapers used.
Go Amarillo Venom!

BananaCat
Site Admin

Post by BananaCat » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:16 am

I believe Steeple coached the Reapers as well.
Indoor Football Forum .com

Indoor Football Forum
on Facebook and Twitter

Live Scores
on Twitter and Facebook

coachrob6
Site Admin

Post by coachrob6 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:16 am

[quote=""FootInBallDoor""]they'll be coached and owned by matthew steeple, who was the director of the non-existent AIF developmental league last year. Instead Steeple was the owner of the Baltimore Vikings ICFL team, the badgers owners also played in that league. the eagles will play at the arena that the maryland reapers used.[/quote]the AIF didn't have a developmental league last year :confused: yall don't have clue and if you dont know leave it alone
Last edited by coachrob6 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:03 pm

[quote=""coachrob6""]the AIF didn't have a developmental league last year :confused: yall don't have clue and if you dont know leave it alone[/quote]

Congrats on being the only guy to defend the AIF on the OSC message board rob. Well played.

preeths
Site Admin

Post by preeths » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:50 pm

How about instead of attacking anyone who dares question the impending greatness of AIF, you instead tell them why they're mistaken in their perception?

coachrob6
Site Admin

Post by coachrob6 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:56 pm

[quote=""coachingubigr""]Congrats on being the only guy to defend the AIF on the OSC message board rob. Well played.[/quote]first, i'm not defending the AIF, i'm defending my partner and co- owner of the ICFL,Baltimore Vikings NO TIES TO THE AIF I can care less about AIF, beside this tread about the Washington Eagles and not AIF and as i state before IF YOU DON'T KNOW LEAVE IT ALONE. Now if you and paper want to know who i'm defend you can see me Sun. 12-16-12 @ soccerdome Landover,Md as the Fore mention Baltimore Vikings take on the VA.Knights 2pm and oh yea this is ICFL action, ICFL ONLY ;)

coachrob6
Site Admin

Check yourself 1st

Post by coachrob6 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:20 pm

[quote=""preeths""]How about instead of attacking anyone who dares question the impending greatness of AIF, you instead tell them why they're mistaken in their perception?[/quote]attack naw never that, thats your job, i'm not a fan of the AIF, but you'll never know that, because i don't come on here and voice my opinion about it, like you guys. I find it funny that you preeth acuse someone of attacking someone, when that what this AIF message forum is nothing but attacks on John Morris, AIF, and anyone who join the AIF. Now instead of you passing judgement on someone," man in mirror" :(
Last edited by coachrob6 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

MSTEEPLE
Site Admin

Washington eagles

Post by MSTEEPLE » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:39 pm

Here are the answers that you are looking for about the Washington Eagles. First we used the eagles name because we are trying to get some of the fans from the DC area to support us. We play in Laurel and the Skins play in Landover so why not try to tap into that market. The presidential seal has an eagle on it so we thought that would be a good idea. I paid someone myself to create the logo. The next thing is I do have the road jerseys that Mr. Morris had to cut down on some of our operating cost. I could come on here and lie but why, the eagles name is not on the jerseys and now we only have to get home jerseys. As Far as me being in charge of the AIF developmental league, all I have done is share what we have done to start the ICFL which I am a co-founder of. Ideas such as have teams come play in the arenas of AIF teams on game day and if a team needs a player to look at those guys first. Next as far as the Reapers go, all I did was coach. Some of you were under the impression that I had a bigger role with the team, but once again all I did was coach. Chuck Thompson was in charge of that team and sad to say screwed everyone. He didn’t pay me nothing, the players, the arena, or even the league all of their money.

See what kind of piss me off with some of you guys is you try to paint a picture that I take advantage of people but none of you know a thing about me. If you ask some of the reapers players, when they came to me and told me they didn’t get paid I hit the ATM and paid them out of my pocket. When we had a workout and Chuck didn’t have the money I paid for it or later when I went to reserve time for the ICFL in the Soccerhouse and found out that $600 of the team’s training camp bill was in my name and had to pay that. My self and Coach Holmes have spent in jerseys, field rental, practice time and website over $6000 for the Baltimore Vikings in the ICFL and only collected a grand total of $1000 from the guys with a 30 man roster.

When the guys told me they wanted to play again me and my boys put money up so we can make this work. I don’t do this to get rich I do this so these guys have a place to play and can show their talents and maybe one of them can continue their career on a higher level. For those who thought my partner was attacking people, sometimes you respond to people the way they come at you. He is not defending the AIF because he is not a part, he is defending me, the person he works with and has known since he coached against me in high school and knows that I am a stand up person. I don’t know the relationship some of you have with the owners of this league and it’s not my business. All I will tell you before you knock what the Washington Eagles are doing, get to know us personally then come up with your own conclusion.

Return to “AIF”