Does Anyone Think There Will Be A 2013 Season

The American Indoor Football (AIF) forum
coachrob6
Site Admin

Post by coachrob6 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:09 am

[quote=""DCAbloob""]Considering my local team (and countless others) folded up in the middle of last season, I"m not inclined to give the AIF any benefit of the doubt. Good luck to any ex-fans and players still trying to find the Reapers owner.[/quote]Baltimore Burn :eek:

DCAbloob
Site Admin

Post by DCAbloob » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:23 pm

FWIW, the ICFL Facebook account has posted tryout information for a new AIF franchise called the Washington Eagles.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=417092665025842&set=a.213032472098530.46101.159964010738710&type=1

UPDATE: The AIF announced six teams as committed to play in the 2013 season, the Harrisburg Stampede, Roc City Thunder, Washington Eagles, West Virginia Badgers, York Capitals and Cape Fear Heroes. Expansion to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, PA and Baltimore, MD was announced for 2014.

http://aifprofootball.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1236%3Aaif-holds-2013-league-meetings
Last edited by DCAbloob on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SugarBear
Site Admin

For those searching

Post by SugarBear » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:28 pm

[quote=""coachingubigr""]I'm sure lots of former fans/players would love to find Chuck and give him a peice of their mind.[/quote]

Hey Coach, I ran across this article from a semi-pro basketball league, the APBL. I was told this person was the same one who owned the Maryland Reapers. I am not 100%, but a person I spoke with was pretty confident.

----------------

Tri City Suns To Join The APBL for 2013/2014 Campaign

The Tri CIty Suns are coming! The Chuck Thompson led Suns have come terms with The APBL for the 2013/2014 campaign. The Maryland based Suns will be a welcome addition to the area that already features The Rockville Victors, ACPBL Champions The Beltway Bombers, The Metro All-Stars, The Capital City Express and the current Colonial Division leading Bay Area Shuckers.

The Suns already have a stronghold in the community due to the ground work of Chuck Thompson. The Suns will be playing a few exhibition games this season to lay the foundation for next season. They also will be holding tryouts in February. For more information on tryouts and The Tri City Suns you can email the team at : coach_ct21@yahoo.com.

coachingubigr
Site Admin

Post by coachingubigr » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:21 pm

[quote=""SugarBear""]Hey Coach, I ran across this article from a semi-pro basketball league, the APBL. I was told this person was the same one who owned the Maryland Reapers. I am not 100%, but a person I spoke with was pretty confident.

----------------

The Tri CIty Suns are coming! The Chuck Thompson led Suns have come terms with The APBL for the 2013/2014 campaign. The Maryland based Suns will be a welcome addition to the area that already features The Rockville Victors, ACPBL Champions The Beltway Bombers, The Metro All-Stars, The Capital City Express and the current Colonial Division leading Bay Area Shuckers.

The Suns already have a stronghold in the community due to the ground work of Chuck Thompson. The Suns will be playing a few exhibition games this season to lay the foundation for next season. They also will be holding tryouts in February. For more information on tryouts and The Tri City Suns you can email the team at : coach_ct21@yahoo.com.[/quote]

Anyone that plays for Thompson is setting themselves up for failure. Buyer beware.

DCAbloob
Site Admin

Post by DCAbloob » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:28 pm

[quote=""SugarBear""]Hey Coach, I ran across this article from a semi-pro basketball league, the APBL. I was told this person was the same one who owned the Maryland Reapers. I am not 100%, but a person I spoke with was pretty confident.
----------------

The Tri CIty Suns are coming! The Chuck Thompson led Suns have come terms with The APBL for the 2013/2014 campaign. [/quote]

It's absolutely the same person. Thompson changed his Facebook bio info from Maryland Reapers owner to Tri-City Suns owner before deleting his Facebook account altogether.

Return to “AIF”